Goodbye Jesus

Suicide Is A Sin...

LordProtectorOliverCromwell

Yet God killed himself to save humanity from hell! Hilarious.

• Like 1

Interesting observation

I saw a depressed guy ask this question; will God punish Christians who have faith but commit suicide?

If you say yes God will forgive then that guy will kill himself. If you say no its a sin then you are saying God punishes people with mental illness.

Thats the problem with only having one punishment for all crimes, it doesn't scale depending on your level of evil.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, LordProtectorOliverCromwell said:

Never thought of that.

Yeah, but that doesn't count because God knew He could come back to life anytime he wanted. I wonder what God did to pass the time during those three days in the grave?  Well, just being God probably keeps him pretty business. He has an entire universe to run, so God probably never gets a day off much less a weeks vacation.

I bet God assigned an Angel to lay in that grave for three days, because God don't have the time to lay around dead in a grave for three days. I bet that Angel thought that was good duty. The other Angels probably thought he was a butt kisser to get three days off with pay for just laying around being temporary dead. :woohoo:

• Super Moderator

Suicide is a sin because God wants to kill you Himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Geezer said:    I wonder what God did to pass the time during those three days in the grave? 

Actually, it was only a day and a half the way I count time.....

32 minutes ago, mich said:

Geezer said:    I wonder what God did to pass the time during those three days in the grave? 

Actually, it was only a day and a half the way I count time.....

Wait just a moment here. Jonah was in the belly of the fish for 3 days & Jesus was in the grave for three days. I know that's true because that's what the Bible says.....and the Bible is inspired by God, so it can't be wrong.

Let me check this again. Jesus is crucified on Friday (that's why we celebrate Good Friday) and he rose on Easter Sunday morning. Okay, we have Friday, Saturday, & Sunday that's thee days. BUT,  he died midday on Friday or maybe a little later, the Bible isn't real clear on that point,  but He rose early Sunday morning. Shit!  The Bible is wrong again. I'm beginning to believe the Bible either isn't inspired by God, or else God can't count.

So God wasn't in the grave for three days then, that can only mean God fudged on that grave thing, but like I said God is busy.God ain't got time to just lay around in some old damp & dark grave. God has stuff to do, so cut Him some slack. :(

• Haha 1

if gods can be 3 entities, father, son and holy fart,  but remains as one god, that is god's maths

In Christianity, suicide isn't a sin because it's harmful to oneself; it's a sin for humans because they are god's property, which they believe literally, and therefore hurting themselves means stealing from god.

Technically, Jesus didn't commit suicide.  He was kind of murdered.  According to the bible the Jews could have commuted his sentence but chose to have him crucified instead.  Pilate only went along with the crowd because there would be a riot if he didn't.

On 8/10/2017 at 7:35 AM, Wertbag said:

I saw a depressed guy ask this question; will God punish Christians who have faith but commit suicide?

If you say yes God will forgive then that guy will kill himself. If you say no its a sin then you are saying God punishes people with mental illness.

Thats the problem with only having one punishment for all crimes, it doesn't scale depending on your level of evil.

If I remember correctly, somewhere in the Old Testament it said that people with physical defect couldn't enter the congregation to the LORD.  I don't see why mental defect should be treated any differently.

10 hours ago, 1989 said:

Technically, Jesus didn't commit suicide.  He was kind of murdered.  According to the bible the Jews could have commuted his sentence but chose to have him crucified instead.  Pilate only went along with the crowd because there would be a riot if he didn't.

According to the Christian myth as written in the supposed word of God, God has absolute knowledge of what happens in the future.  So it equates to suicide.

• Like 1

On 10/08/2017 at 8:28 PM, Geezer said:

Yeah, but that doesn't count because God knew He could come back to life anytime he wanted. I wonder what God did to pass the time during those three days in the grave?  Well, just being God probably keeps him pretty business. He has an entire universe to run, so God probably never gets a day off much less a weeks vacation.

I bet God assigned an Angel to lay in that grave for three days, because God don't have the time to lay around dead in a grave for three days. I bet that Angel thought that was good duty. The other Angels probably thought he was a butt kisser to get three days off with pay for just laying around being temporary dead. :woohoo:

That is why the deist god is king.  He just sets everything in motion and goes on vacation 😆

• Like 1

Trying not to be offended, but as someone whose brother committed suicide, I kind of feel like this thread is a mockery of those who have been through this. I think about my brother killing himself everyday. At least if your theory rings true, god knew that there was hope. My brother had no hope.

• Sad 2

44 minutes ago, hockeyfan70 said:

At least if your theory rings true, god knew that there was hope. My brother had no hope.

Sorry to hear that. When we mock god as above it is from a place of mocking fantasy, it is blowing off steam and in no way related to the real world.

As someone who has suffered with depression and been suicidal I find venting is very therapeutic.  I do not know your situation but I do believe everyone can be helped but only if they are willing to ask for help and societies laws allow us to help those in need. Sadly both of those things are not always provided.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/10/2017 at 6:04 AM, LordProtectorOliverCromwell said:

Not exactly. He was hated and let himself get killed by others.

Suicide is sin because you are taking control over your own life. That is never allowed in the Bible. God gives, God takes, God makes ALL the decisions in your life cause you are his.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
8 hours ago, IsaBrisa said:

Suicide is sin because you are taking control over your own life. That is never allowed in the Bible. God gives, God takes, God makes ALL the decisions in your life cause you are his.

Didn't the Pharisees plan to kill jesus if he returned to Jerusalem?  And didn't jesus know that they did?  And didn't jesus return to Jerusalem anyway?  jesus willingly took actions that he knew would result in his own death.   And, ultimately, he "gave up the ghost."  Sounds like jesus chose to end his own life.

• Like 1

The unholy practice of thread necromancy. The last post here was 2.5 years ago. How was this discussion found? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Talk about raising the dead though forbidden black magic!

Maybe the thread will self destruct!

Guest freedwoman
On 8/10/2017 at 12:16 PM, florduh said:

Suicide is a sin because God wants to kill you Himself.

Amen! 😅😅😅

Guest freedwoman
On 8/13/2017 at 12:04 PM, hockeyfan70 said:

Trying not to be offended, but as someone whose brother committed suicide, I kind of feel like this thread is a mockery of those who have been through this. I think about my brother killing himself everyday. At least if your theory rings true, god knew that there was hope. My brother had no hope.

I'm so sorry that happened. I'm a suicide attempt survivor. So I would never make light of suicide. No one understands this amount of pain unless they have experienced it for themselves. 

🤗🤗🤗

Guest freedwoman
On 2/29/2020 at 7:39 PM, IsaBrisa said:

Are you still a Christian? 🤔

3 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Are you still a Christian? 🤔

Are you?