Goodbye Jesus

Suicide Is A Sin...

LordProtectorOliverCromwell

Sin is supposed to be a violation of God's will. Presumably God did not violate his own will, ergo, he did not sin.

Guest freedwoman
1 hour ago, IsaBrisa said:

Are you?

L.o.l. Hell no! I kicked Jesus Christ outta my heart years ago. I'm only asking because it seems like you are. But still struggling to leave it behind. I know that is the most terrifying thing to struggle with. Not knowing for sure if Hell exists and if we are destined and doomed to suffer eternity there. So I understand if that's what you are struggling with. I can empathize. Here for support if you need it sister. 🤗 But it just seems contradictory for an all loving merciful forgiving God to send his children there.

😲

10 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

L.o.l. Hell no! I kicked Jesus Christ outta my heart years ago. I'm only asking because it seems like you are. But still struggling to leave it behind. I know that is the most terrifying thing to struggle with. Not knowing for sure if Hell exists and if we are destined and doomed to suffer eternity there. So I understand if that's what you are struggling with. I can empathize. Here for support if you need it sister. 🤗 But it just seems contradictory for an all loving merciful forgiving God to send his children there.

😲

I have no doubt that hell exists. I hate God, but I do believe in him, so I guess that makes me a Satanist, even though I also hate Satan. If God says that Satan is my daddy, who am I to contradict? I don't want to be God's child, and I certainly don't need another father! 

• Super Moderator
36 minutes ago, IsaBrisa said:

I have no doubt that hell exists. I hate God, but I do believe in him, so I guess that makes me a Satanist, even though I also hate Satan. If God says that Satan is my daddy, who am I to contradict? I don't want to be God's child, and I certainly don't need another father! 

You bought the whole package!

How can you be so sure Hell exists? Do you have any evidence, because we've been looking for that a long time. In fact we'd like some evidence about the rest of it, but baby steps.....

57 minutes ago, IsaBrisa said:

Holy shiiittt! (George Carlin Style)

I'm with Florduh - If you know it, you can show it. So can you show us the existence of hell?

1 hour ago, IsaBrisa said:

Can you point us to the evidence that god and hell both exist?

Guest freedwoman

The fear of Hell torments many people. The fact than no one knows, therefore can't prove it, makes it all the more petrifying!

1 hour ago, freedwoman said:

I have often wondered what evidence would suffice??? 

I honestly don't know if there is anything that could convince me. Any experience would more likely be a scam or trick, or I would think I was hallucinating or crazy before I would think it was real. 

Nowdays photos and videos are useless as evidence, so it would have to be first hand. 

1 hour ago, freedwoman said:

That which is observable, tangible, independently verifiable, and logically consistent.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, freedwoman said:

We aren't going to find anything observable and tangible etc but what helped me most in losing fear of hell and any belief in it was reading a lot of historical criticism of the Bible, Bart Ehrmans work in particular. I plan to read this https://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Hell-Afterlife-Bart-Ehrman/dp/1501136739

Also this for anyone interested https://ehrmanblog.org/heaven-and-hell-part-one/

Guest freedwoman

The only thing that would convince me is if God showed himself to every human being on Earth at the same time and told us all in our own languages that he is real. The whole world couldn't have the exact same hallucination could we? 

4 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

The only thing that would convince me is if God showed himself to every human being on Earth at the same time and told us all in our own languages that he is real. The whole world couldn't have the exact same hallucination could we? 

Yes, indeedy!

Show himself/herself/itself to all, simultaneously, and perform some miracles like rid the world of COVID19 at the snap of a couple of godly fingers.

Any begin that can pull that off might as well be god to us, eh?

Guest freedwoman
9 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Yes, indeedy!

Show himself/herself/itself to all, simultaneously, and perform some miracles like rid the world of COVID19 at the snap of a couple of godly fingers.

Any begin that can pull that off might as well be god to us, eh?

I'm sorry. But I just don't understand your posts sometimes brother?

17 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Would you then follow him?

Guest freedwoman
On 3/3/2020 at 10:38 AM, IsaBrisa said:

Would you then follow him?

I don't know to be honest? With all the people that God has killed, even babies and children. All the mysoginy. All the nasty men in the Bible who are considered holy. Like lot giving his daughters to be raped instead of the men. David the rapist. Solomon the multi wife and concubine owning slut. Peter and Paul the new testaments mysoginists. Being around all that for eternity sounds worse or as bad as being sent to Hell? So no I still don't think I would. Very good question though. Making me think hard! 

Guest freedwoman
1 minute ago, freedwoman said:

I don't know to be honest? With all the people that God has killed, even babies and chikdren. All the mysoginy. All the nasty men in the Bible who are considered holy. Like lot giving his daughters to be raped instead of the men. David the rapist. Solomon the multi wife and concubine owning slut. Peter and Paul the new testaments mysoginists. Being around all that for eternity sounds worse or as bad as being sent to Hell? So no I still don't think I would. Very good question though. Making me think hard! 

I couldn't worship an immoral God who sends moral people to Hell. 

12 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

I'm sorry. But I just don't understand your posts sometimes brother?

Was agreeing with your previous post.

Sorry. I'll try to be a little more vague next time...:P

3 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

I don't know to be honest? With all the people that God has killed, even babies and chikdren. All the mysoginy. All the nasty men in the Bible who are considered holy. Like lot giving his daughters to be raped instead of the men. David the rapist. Solomon the multi wife and concubine owning slut. Peter and Paul the new testaments mysoginists. Being around all that for eternity sounds worse or as bad as being sent to Hell? So no I still don't think I would. Very good question though. Making me think hard! 

What if this god that showed himself also stated that the bible is a load of man-made crap and does not reflect his intentions. Would you then follow him/her/it/they?

Guest freedwoman
6 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Was agreeing with your previous post.

Sorry. I'll try to be a little more vague next time...:P

Sorry. It is just that I have schizoaffective disorder. So I can't read people that well. Especially on the internet. I'm getting treated for it though. Hopefully one day I'll be normal and have better social skills. 🙂

Guest freedwoman
9 minutes ago, MOHO said:

What if this god that showed himself also stated that the bible is a load of man-made crap and does not reflect his intentions. Would you then follow him/her/it/they?

Yes. I indeed would. Because that would be a God worthy of worship. 

4 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Sorry. It is just that I have schizoaffective disorder. So I can't read people that well. Especially on the internet. I'm getting treated for it though. Hopefully one day I'll be normal and have better social skills. 🙂

M'eh.

Social skills are overrated. :yelrotflmao:

• Haha 1

IsaBrisa, did it ever seem strange to you that hell, heaven, God, Satan, etc, none of that can be proven?  And multiple, different ideas about them exist.  And if you had been born into another religion in another country, you would find the same situation, only about a different god and different afterlifes.  And just like christian leaders, those other religious leaders would swear their god and religion was the real one.  And no god known to mankind has ever appeared to all his people at once, even though he/she/It is supposedly all powerful and could do so if they wanted to.  But it is always some "holy gurus" that delivers the message. 

How do you explain that?  To me it doesn't add up, and the logical thing is that they are all myths handed down through the ages.  Myths made up when people believed in magic, ghosts, etc.  

Think about it.  It took me several months for it to all soak in an seem real.  And as time goes by it seems more and more real.  And a peace has come over me I never knew before.  HANG IN THERE! 

Edit:

I guess God did supposedly appear directly to Adam and Eve.  But he evidently changed his mind and never appeared directly to a human since??

• Like 2