Goodbye Jesus

Suicide Is A Sin...

LordProtectorOliverCromwell

56 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Yes. I indeed would. Because that would be a God worthy of worship. 

Consider that, in a sense, "God" is within you.  Within each one of us.  Love that god and take care of her!!

With all the gods floating around out there, it is up to each person to decide if god exists, and if so, who, or what, god is, and what to do with "it".   

LOL, my sermons for the day!

2 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Would you?

I allready believe, but I don't follow that scumbag. I burned a Christian book today.

1 hour ago, Weezer said:

IsaBrisa, did it ever seem strange to you that hell, heaven, God, Satan, etc, none of that can be proven?  And multiple, different ideas about them exist.  And if you had been born into another religion in another country, you would find the same situation, only about a different god and different afterlifes.  And just like christian leaders, those other religious leaders would swear their god and religion was the real one.  And no god known to mankind has ever appeared to all his people at once, even though he/she/It is supposedly all powerful and could do so if they wanted to.  But it is always some "holy gurus" that delivers the message. 

How do you explain that?  To me it doesn't add up, and the logical thing is that they are all myths handed down through the ages.  Myths made up when people believed in magic, ghosts, etc.  

Think about it.  It took me several months for it to all soak in an seem real.  And as time goes by it seems more and more real.  And a peace has come over me I never knew before.  HANG IN THERE! 

Edit:

I guess God did supposedly appear directly to Adam and Eve.  But he evidently changed his mind and never appeared directly to a human since??

Spiritual experiences can't be proven in the way you want me to prove it.

24 minutes ago, IsaBrisa said:

Spiritual experiences can't be proven in the way you want me to prove it.

Spiritual "experience" is a thought.  A concept that is conceived in the mind.  It may be a real thought, but is only a thought.

I am saying there is absolutely no real, or solid evidence of a literal god, hell, Satan, etc.  There are many thoughts or ideas about them, but none can be proven to literally exist.

Guest freedwoman

My only guess is you can't necessarily or at all use the physical world to prove their is a spiritual world. Nothing natural can prove the supernatural. Also you can't prove God or whatever doesn't exist either. So, well never know for sure. Which is why I consider myself agnostic. 

• Super Moderator
44 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Nothing natural can prove the supernatural.

I never got the concept of "supernatural." If it actually exists, it is by definition "natural." So it seems to come down to "natural" or "imagined."

Guest freedwoman
1 hour ago, florduh said:

I never got the concept of "supernatural." If it actually exists, it is by definition "natural." So it seems to come down to "natural" or "imagined."

Interesting take. Thank you mate. 😊

7 hours ago, Weezer said:

IsaBrisa, did it ever seem strange to you that hell, heaven, God, Satan, etc, none of that can be proven?  And multiple, different ideas about them exist.  And if you had been born into another religion in another country, you would find the same situation, only about a different god and different afterlifes.  And just like christian leaders, those other religious leaders would swear their god and religion was the real one.  And no god known to mankind has ever appeared to all his people at once, even though he/she/It is supposedly all powerful and could do so if they wanted to.  But it is always some "holy gurus" that delivers the message. 

How do you explain that?  To me it doesn't add up, and the logical thing is that they are all myths handed down through the ages.  Myths made up when people believed in magic, ghosts, etc.  

Think about it.  It took me several months for it to all soak in an seem real.  And as time goes by it seems more and more real.  And a peace has come over me I never knew before.  HANG IN THERE! 

Edit:

I guess God did supposedly appear directly to Adam and Eve.  But he evidently changed his mind and never appeared directly to a human since??

Well if we're talking about the Lord he sure told Abraham what to do with Isaac and I believe there's a few other scenarios where the Lord appeared but yeah my head has done too good of a job with forgetting (I never listened well in Sunday school anyway) 

9 hours ago, Weezer said:

Consider that, in a sense, "God" is within you.  Within each one of us.  Love that god and take care of her!!

Reminds me of one of the most stupid things ever said to me: "I define god as the air. It is all around us and gives us life. Do you believe in air?" 

"Of course I believe air exists." 

"Therefore you can't be an atheist because you do believe in a type of god!" 

I really hope the guy was joking, but he was so serious I just can't be sure... 

7 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Nothing natural can prove the supernatural.

Only if the claim is that the supernatural does nothing, doesn't interact and doesn't communicate. As soon as people claim real world interactions and powers then those can be tested. The only untestable should be the irrelevant.

2 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Well if we're talking about the Lord he sure told Abraham what to do with Isaac and I believe there's a few other scenarios where the Lord appeared but yeah my head has done too good of a job with forgetting (I never listened well in Sunday school anyway) 

If I remember correctly God appeared to Abraham in the form of an angel.   To Moses in the form of a burning bush, etc.  Only "in person" to Adam and Eve.  But I could be wrong.  It has been decades since I studied the old testament. 

Guest freedwoman
21 hours ago, Weezer said:

With all the gods floating around out there, it is up to each person to decide if god exists, and if so, who, or what, god is, and what to do with "it".   

LOL, my sermons for the day

I shouldn't call it God or Goddess. It having a sex makes me cringe. Why the heck would it be a male or a female? 

47 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Why the heck would it be a male or a female? 

👍👍👍

• 5 months later...

@IsaBrisa

I’ve only just stumbled across this forum. I know it’s unlikely you’ll read this especially as you haven’t visited this forum for a long time but ,being an optimist, I hope some will find these words encouraging. 

Many people posting here seem to believe in god/Jesus but believe them to be malevolent even going so far as to declare themselves potential satanists and fear the existence of a heaven. 

When I was a Christian I was lucky enough to meet many truly good Christians who taught me to read scripture with an open mind, pray with an open heart and consider my decisions using common sense. They highlighted to me the fact that even within the church I attended there were times when 2 good people could take almost opposite views based on the same piece scripture. This means that even those who believe in the Christian god have to accept that not everything done and said in his name is his will. 

If you cannot stop believing in the Christian god then embrace that truth. Open your mind and heart use your common sense. When someone uses scripture to justify something you know to be wrong look for the hole in their reasoning or find someone who can see those holes. Find Christians with open hearts and minds and join them. 

If you believe you are not one of my fellow apostates and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

• 2 weeks later...

You all just don't get it..

As humans, we are all on double-secret probation, all the time.

Of course suicide is a sin.

And living is a sin also, since all fall short, filthy rags, blah blah blah.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

There are times that life here on earth is no longer do-able for some.

If we don't own ourselves and God does then He is responsible for making what's wrong in this world right. Otherwise then we have the right to end our own life, to depart from this world on our own terms.

That's my opinion anyway.