Goodbye Jesus

Why I Lost Faith

LordProtectorOliverCromwell

It is a long story, beginning all the way back in 2013. I think my existential crisis can be traced back to one seminal and unfortunate event:

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182517

I could not understand why God had been cruel enough to make me like guys and at the same time threaten to send me to hell. I was depressed and began to lose faith. I began reading arguments against the Bible on the Internet. A website called Unspoken Bible as well as Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees? were among those I read. My faith, crumbling day by day, completely collapsed. And here I am today, faithless. That is how 14 years of faith ended.

You're fortunate. It took me 46 years to figure out the Bible & Christianity were created by humans and are based on myths.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Geezer said:

You're fortunate. It took me 46 years to figure out the Bible & Christianity were created by humans and are based on myths.  

Ditto here Geezer, counting from birth.

You're going to be so much better off without all the hypocrisy, guilt and double standards those ignorant Byzantines who wrote the bible inflicted on you Lord Protector. Seek out others with views and inclinations similar to yours and start living your own life. The internet is a great place to help you find anything you are looking for. Be cautious but begin intentionally advocating for yourself. You have so much life ahead to live as wonderfully as you possibly can now that you have freed yourself from thinking you need to change your DNA in order to be accepted. Good luck! You have so much going for yourself I'm sure you'll find that once you leave high school your abilities in general will start gaining you the recognition you deserve. Your demonstrated an enviable ability in math and science that can lead to some of the most interesting, lucrative and desirable career paths available to us mere mortals. Keep your head up and your eyes open and I'm very sure that the best is yet to come and perhaps in the not to distant future. Keep us posted on what's happening with you and thanks for sharing some of yourself with us.  

• Like 1