Goodbye Jesus

Ex-C losing popularity

SerenelyBlue

I used to lurk here for ages, but it seemed that the general bent has become more far-right over time.  

To me, a lot of the every day posters have all the trappings of extreme christian cult-think despite dumping their bibles in the trash. 

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, Jutta said:

I used to lurk here for ages, but it seemed that the general bent has become more far-right over time.  

To me, a lot of the every day posters have all the trappings of extreme christian cult-think despite dumping their bibles in the trash. 

Yours is a common complaint. Political spewing is now strictly limited to the TOT forum. Those who can't stand to read the wide variety of political opinion around here can easily avoid doing so now. Just an FYI.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, florduh said:

Yours is a common complaint. Political spewing is now strictly limited to the TOT forum. Those who can't stand to read the wide variety of political opinion around here can easily avoid doing so now. Just an FYI.

I was wondering what the stern political policing was all about. Makes sense though. 

• Thanks 1

I love this place. But am having RL issues right now that this site tends to aggravate at this point so I won't be able to devote as much time to the threads here as I would like. 

DB

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

What tickles this Mean Ole Man is the complaints of "far-right" doing anything. 

Our Staff, of which I am now the longest lived member among a group of fantastic people and decision makers has always had a generally hands off the posters line of management. 
Idea to ensure  that  "politics";  partisan name-calling side taking tit for tat ass burning eye jabbing crotch shot taking all but mean shit has its own place here makes Ex-C different. Not only is it permitted and allowed, but is encouraged. 

People as they deconvert from prior long help religious systems also tend to take a review of what political thoughts were included in their previous lives.

Totally Off Topic exists here as One, our "mosh pit of ideas".

Two, a place where people can slug things out trying to use some form of reason and thoughts allied to their efforts.

Three. that spot to place things that just do not quite fit elsewhere however may be of enough interest to provoke and promote discussion.

TOT is not a spot to purposely denigrate inflame or provoke "...'jus cuzz ah kin.."

IF a person does not care for that libertarian bent in ability to use TOT, good possibility that it is NOT a good spot to hang out in. 

Judging ALL Of Ex-Christian dot net by contents of political area of TOT while ignoring an absolute plethora of intelligent, educated, learned and seeking voices elsewhere HERE is simply vapid.

kevin,FenceRiderBottleWasherFloorSweeperTeethHanderBackTo,Fuckin'L

DJOih4MUIAEH26P.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I'm back!  It's been awhile since I was in Dave's House...guess boyfriends and work have kept me busy!

Good to see some familiar faces.

Actually I came back because I recently had a relationship-ending fight with my mother.  I told her that since she believes that her God is sending most of humanity to hell, that he is a monster.  She told me that I am under the influence of Satan.

I told her that Trump is a racist.  She told me he's a great leader.  Barf.

There was plenty more, but you get the drift.  I smacked her with reality, and she just dug into her Child Evangelism Mode.  Of course, it's because I am "choosing" to be rebellious.  Couldn't possibly be that she is wrong.  

Felt good to clear the air.  I'm done with her and the whole fucking fundamentalist family.  Done with being a Nice Gay Boy.  I doubt that I will even go back for funerals.  

I have my own family here in San Francisco - of my own chosing.  And damnit I am moving on.

Now back to work!  Great to read the posts, and be reminded that I am not crazy, and I am not alone.

• Like 3

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:50 AM, Jutta said:

Actually there are far right and far left people here... and apolitical people... and atheists, pantheists, and unicornists :D

I would say the far rights of the forum are possibly more vocal so it seems that the forum is 'far right'. This is a misconception.

For one if you think its too far right, and you have different ideas then please post them. That's what makes discussion interesting!

Personally I'd describe myself as centrist. I cuddle up to both sides :D 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2017 at 5:50 PM, Jutta said:

It ebbs and flows.  I remember around 2005 a poll of the members here showed a conservative bent, then a few years later it seemed to swing in the opposite direction.  There has always though been a strong undercurrent of libertarianism/myobism.

• Thanks 1