Goodbye Jesus

Opinions on transgender

Wertbag

Yup it's certainly a complex thing... a thorough explanation, assuming it's possible, would pretty much be guaranteed to be just too fucking long for a forum.

You got me curious about one thing though... "stone butch"? I know the term "butch lesbian" but stone butch? What's that supposed to be? :)

1 hour ago, Thurisaz said:

Yup it's certainly a complex thing... a thorough explanation, assuming it's possible, would pretty much be guaranteed to be just too fucking long for a forum.

You got me curious about one thing though... "stone butch"? I know the term "butch lesbian" but stone butch? What's that supposed to be? :)

Oh it's kind of a sub-group of butch that's taken its own form? It's a very butch lesbian who will service her partner but doesn't like to be touched sexually usually because of dysphoria or dissociation. A lot of people think this is a form of asexuality but it's kinda more than that. It's a little hard to explain ahah.

Oookay then... welcome to your daily episode of Weird World :P

On 9/7/2017 at 11:21 PM, knightcore said:

Oh it's kind of a sub-group of butch that's taken its own form? It's a very butch lesbian who will service her partner but doesn't like to be touched sexually usually because of dysphoria or dissociation. A lot of people think this is a form of asexuality but it's kinda more than that. It's a little hard to explain ahah.

Sounds like my wife, but without the "servicing" part. :)

• Like 1

I don't think that letting your kid wear whatever and eliminating clothing stereotypes is the end of the world.

8 hours ago, knightcore said:

I don't think that letting your kid wear whatever and eliminating clothing stereotypes is the end of the world.

Not the end of the world, but a sure way to create unneeded drama for your kid with no measurable gain for the effort. Maybe the world is different today, but a kid would have gone through hell for this when I was a kid. 

Yeah the idea itself is very very neutral. Whether it's good or bad for a specific individual depends on their situation.

The problem I see with this is: Unless all the children with whom the child in question has regular contact are raised the same way, that kid is guaranteed to be the target of mockery and bullying, with all the viciousness that children can muster.

I've read, some time ago, that the young ones (among other things) often have the instinctual idea that they are/become the gender like which they act/dress... that this, for example, often explains girls only playing with girls and same with the boys. Deep down they are afraid of "if I play with boys too much I'll become a boy". In other words, teaching children the idea that the two genders they'll usually perceive every day, everywhere, is much harder than any normal adult would think.

Whether that's true or not, I can't judge. Among other things, I have no kids, so... :shrug: