Goodbye Jesus

Hello again, friends

PandaPirate

Hello - 

It's been several years since I've been active here.

I joined in 2007 when I was having doubts about the belief structure I grew up with (Catholicism.) At first I tried really hard to convince everyone here that they were "wrong" about Christianity (LOL) but the more you guys showed me through logic and reason that what I was taught to believe as a child was nothing more than a regurgitated fairy tale, the more it pushed me out of the church. I"m very thankful for that now. I have returned to the pagan roots of my ancestors, I guess you could say. 

So, I am just reintroducing myself and saying hello to everyone since it's been a long, long time that I've been active in these forums. Glad to be back . 

Welcome back Pandapirate 😊

Yes, welcome back indeed. Our journey out of religion sometimes requires us to take a detour or two before we find our way back to the main road that leads us out & away from religion. Glad you found the right road again. :woohoo:

Hello, welcome back.

I remember you, Panda.  Nice to see you here.  I just came back myself.

• Super Moderator

Welcome back!

On 8/14/2017 at 8:35 AM, PandaPirate said:

Hello - 

It's been several years since I've been active here.

I joined in 2007 when I was having doubts about the belief structure I grew up with (Catholicism.) At first I tried really hard to convince everyone here that they were "wrong" about Christianity (LOL) but the more you guys showed me through logic and reason that what I was taught to believe as a child was nothing more than a regurgitated fairy tale, the more it pushed me out of the church. I"m very thankful for that now. I have returned to the pagan roots of my ancestors, I guess you could say. 

So, I am just reintroducing myself and saying hello to everyone since it's been a long, long time that I've been active in these forums. Glad to be back . 

Welcome back,due to some of my research I've found that not all Christianity is a sham but rather some "branches" just get thinking way to much or don't read what is right or wrong according to their "holy doctrine" for instance what you shared "Catholiticism" is only Christianity in name sake it has many "beliefs" that are quite the "opposite" to the majority of "Christianity"'beliefs,such as the "sprinkling/baptism" of infants according to the "holy doctrine"(bible) this "tradition" is pointless for children according to the "holy doctrine"(bible)are born holy yet can sin eventually(do wrong)but many Catholics believe contrary to this seemingly for no other reason but to be "rebellious",and the list goes on,snake churches,(no justification for it from "holy doctrine"[bible])Christianity still has some ground to stand on but of course since many "claim to be for Christianity" naturally even the Christians that don't contradict their "holy doctrine"(bible) get blamed for whatever the hypocrite style Christians do just in name sake,kind of like when you go do something"nice" for someone just to be "kind" and "generous" with someone "helping" you but their so called "help"'is opposite to what you are trying to accomplish,basically eventually as an individual or group of people move forward in life eventually there will be some foolish person that tries to mess things up for everybody,sad really,but it happens...

14 minutes ago, Joefizz said:

Welcome back,due to some of my research I've found that not all Christianity is a sham but rather some "branches" just get thinking way to much or don't read what is right or wrong according to their "holy doctrine" for instance what you shared "Catholiticism" is only Christianity in name sake it has many "beliefs" that are quite the "opposite" to the majority of "Christianity"'beliefs,such as the "sprinkling/baptism" of infants according to the "holy doctrine"(bible) this "tradition" is pointless for children according to the "holy doctrine"(bible)are born holy yet can sin eventually(do wrong)but many Catholics believe contrary to this seemingly for no other reason but to be "rebellious",and the list goes on,snake churches,(no justification for it from "holy doctrine"[bible])Christianity still has some ground to stand on but of course since many "claim to be for Christianity" naturally even the Christians that don't contradict their "holy doctrine"(bible) get blamed for whatever the hypocrite style Christians do just in name sake,kind of like when you go do something"nice" for someone just to be "kind" and "generous" with someone "helping" you but their so called "help"'is opposite to what you are trying to accomplish,basically eventually as an individual or group of people move forward in life eventually there will be some foolish person that tries to mess things up for everybody,sad really,but it happens...

Seeing through the BS and deconverting is a journey.

You're almost there, @Joefizz.

Keep studying. The best book for discovering the BS of Christianity, according to many folks here, is the Bible.

42 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Seeing through the BS and deconverting is a journey.

You're almost there, @Joefizz.

Keep studying. The best book for discovering the BS of Christianity, according to many folks here, is the Bible.

I'll keep that in mind.