Goodbye Jesus

Request regarding registration

dirwid

Hello, 

I'm a new user and this is my first post. 

This is just a slight complaint/request relating to the registration process. Hopefully this is the right place to post this. 

Anyway, several hours after registration, I realized that this site pulled the avatar I use for my gmail account and automatically used it as my profile picture without me knowing it. Since I am an in-the-closet agnostic and all of my friends and immediate family are fundamentalist Christians, I was a little alarmed to see my face and username I use all across the internet show up as the profile picture on this site without me knowing it. I'm glad I caught it as soon as I did since I want to remain anonymous. 

So my request is that this site refrains from automatically setting your avatar during registration so you don't unintentionally reveal your identity like I did. 

I don't mean to be a complainer - I just would like to help improve this site even if it is something little. It seems like a nice site and I just need someplace where I can express myself. I intend to post my testimony of how a became agnostic sometime soon and hopefully become somewhat active on this site. 

Thanks mods for reading.

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

Goodbye Jesus

So sorry about this. I have personally never heard of it before? Ex is wonderful place to remain anonymous  for the very reasons you state above. Has anyone else heard of this happening? 

It did not do this to me. I'm not entirely sure.

Oops, it must have pulled the picture from my Gravitar account rather than the Gmail account. It turns out I'm using a different photo for gmail. 

Have you considered the possibility of user error, i.e., you affirmatively provided the link to your avatar during the Ex-C registration process?

There's no option to set your profile picture on the registration page.