Goodbye Jesus

Yoga is Demonic says Ex-Witch Turned Christian!

JenniferG

5 hours ago, florduh said:

My link wasn't a political statement. They can find demonic activity everywhere. They battle not against flesh and blood, you know.

I know, Florduh. I didn't take your link as a political statement. 😎

1 hour ago, Tsathoggua9 said:

Well, in my old church (Church of Christ) there were some folks who basically thought that everything was demonic. Yoga, dancing, cards, "Dungeons and Dragons", martial arts, rock music, alcohol and drugs, pizzas, movies, TV, books that weren't the Bible, carpet, other denominations, air, pretty much everything. (Sports were usually seen as okay, though.) I do remember that while I was at David Lipscomb College in the early 1980s, one guy gave a "chapel talk" about the dangers of yoga. The mindset is "Ye ol' Debbil izza everywheer, an' he out ta gitcha ya!"

The ole prowler like a lion looking to bite your ass! 👹😀

• Like 1

Well, in my old church (Church of Christ) there were some folks who basically thought that everything was demonic. Yoga, dancing, cards, "Dungeons and Dragons", martial arts, rock music, alcohol and drugs, pizzas, movies, TV, books that weren't the Bible, carpet, other denominations, air, pretty much everything. (Sports were usually seen as okay, though.) I do remember that while I was at David Lipscomb College in the early 1980s, one guy gave a "chapel talk" about the dangers of yoga. The mindset is "Ye ol' Debbil izza everywheer, an' he out ta gitcha ya!"

How does that impact you now? Did you go off the deep end when you deconverted and do everything in rebellion, are you still conservative because it's now ingrained, something else? 

17 hours ago, JenniferG said:

Some of them are beyond cherry picking, MWC.  They are clearly weak in the head! Thank my evolving brain for rescuing me from such insanity. When I was growing up in the "Funny Fundie" church every damn thing was a sin. Just saying "damn" was a sin, cutting my hair was a sin, wearing make-up - extremely sinful as was dancing! wearing pants/jeans was a sin, going to the cinema was a sin (this was in the 60s & 70s) - everything short of breathing was a damn, fucking sin!  And if it wasn't a sin, then whatever (ungodly activity, especially those with roots in Eastern religion) such as yoga was demonic, or listening to rock 'n roll or heavy metal was devil's music. (I remember at a cousins wedding having to turn down someone asking me to dance. My parents sat there in judgement watching these "sinners" having a good time.)  I missed out on so much fun stuff in my youth  all because of fear and repression.   No wonder my poor brain got into a tangle of anxiety and depression having the living hell scared out of me since I was a child and right into adulthood! My brain is now pretty well untangled, thank the universe and its remarkable positive influences and great  modern thinkers such as the late great Carl Sagan and his protege Neil De Grasse Tyson who carries on his work today,  the  inimitable, unforgettable, late great Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawkins, Richard Carrier, Sam Harris, Daniel Dennett, Bart Ehrman, Valerie Tarico, Marlene Winnell (just to name a few) and certainly not forgetting the great minds and thinkers on this site.  I'll take the intelligent words of these guys and gals over the dumb little ex-witch any day! I am just dismayed (in this day and age) that some of my relatives and some Christian friends still buy into this nonsense feeling the need to post it on Facebook as a warning to others.

Some church leaders have an insatiable appetite for control and know that scaring and shaming are key.

Of course if the sheeple (we've all been one) don't go along with the nonsense then they TRULY ARE demonic! :49:

Must...resists..urge..to..use.. MRS MOHO ... in ...example...

So....much....material......there......

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Must...resists..urge..to..use.. MRS MOHO ... in ...example...

So....much....material......there......

:D:D:D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Burnedout said:

Why .... 

Don't you know.....

If you breath your whole life, YOU WILL DIE!  :ph34r:

Next stupid form of spiritual naval inspection? B)

If only we could get the fundies to think about that.

Carpet? Heavy shag? Or what? :)

I remember some goofy Pentecostal church that convinced some of my military friends to break all their evil rock and roll records. One told me he regretted his stupidity and bought all those records again. LoL.

3 hours ago, florduh said:

Yes! Bwaaahhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Explain the significance of Ronald 6 Wilson 6 Reagan 6? Haven't seen this one before. I know it has to do with 666 

"Channeling energy is an age-old occult practice."

I thought channeling was when you saw Pat Robertson on tv so you quickly pick up the remote and switch it to South Park.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, JenniferG said:

Explain the significance of Ronald 6 Wilson 6 Reagan 6? Haven't seen this one before. I know it has to do with 666 

All three of his names, first, middle, last, have 6 letters, hence, he was the antichrist. 

22 minutes ago, Vigile said:

All three of his names, first, middle, last, have 6 letters, hence, he was the antichrist. 

Of course! thanks Vig. I'm a bit slow on the uptake this morning! :49:

I used to listen to Bob Larson's radio show when I was doing a 1 and a 1/2 hour commute to McGill U in Montreal in the early 90s. That guy had mental issues, for sure. He was the religious McCarthy! McCarthy saw communists under every bed. Larson saw demons everywhere! 

1 hour ago, Vigile said:

pizzas???

How the hell are pizzas demonic? Are you making this up, Vig? That's a new one to me!!:o

57 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Carpet? Heavy shag? Or what?

Do you know what "shagging" means in Britain, MNR? Google it :D

5 minutes ago, JenniferG said:

How the hell are pizzas demonic? Are you making this up, Vig? That's a new one to me!!:o

I think you took that from someone I quoted. I didn't write that. 

Just now, Vigile said:

I think you took that from someone I quoted. I didn't write that. 

:49: Oh sorry, bro :D I better get off the internet! 

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Vigile said:

Remember also that after leaving office, Reagan had his house number changed from 666 St. Cloud Road to 668 St. Cloud Road in Los Angeles.  AND his wife consulted astrologers.   

But that was then, this is now:  :Duivel7::P

Donald Trump = 666
Using Simple6,74 English7,74 Gematria8,74 (google that) and 'the key'74 of A=1, B2, C3...Z26, we find...evil=48=E5+V22+I9+L12 Now we add 48 to each letter creating the Evil=48 Code with the alphanumeric code/cipher of A=49, B50, C51...Z74, and we get...

Donald Trump = 666 = D52+O63+N62+A49+L60+D52 + T68+R66+U69+M61+P64

Donald Trump is the current Antichrist: his actions are the opposite of the Christ. He's a compulsive/pathological liar, extremely greedy and boastful, very prejudice and misogynistic, very nationalistic and militaristic, wants to torture without judicial process. 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/7seals/donald-trump-666-using-evil-48-code-ronald-6-lette-t5.html

(NOT POLITICAL -- I'm just sayin' those silly christbots will believe anything, including bible-forbidden numerology, as long as it suits their purpose. )

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JenniferG said:

:49: Oh sorry, bro :D I better get off the internet! 

Waaaait, @JenniferG!

Don't go yet!

We were talking about shagging.

Carp. I can't believe I wrote that. :P

1 hour ago, MOHO said:

Waaaait, @JenniferG!

Don't go yet!

We were talking about shagging.

Carp. I can't believe I wrote that. :P

Mercy me! I didn't know Muricans knew about shagging! :D:D:D:58: 

50 minutes ago, JenniferG said:

Mercy me! I didn't know Muricans knew about shagging! :D:D:D:58: 

We wouldn't if were not for that Austin Powers move. :o

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JenniferG said:

Do you know what "shagging" means in Britain, MNR? Google it :D

Oh behave! lol

:P

Where in the Bible does it say all these things about demons and shit?  Christians come up with all this fantastic information.  From where I might ask?

A work colleague goes to a weekly yoga class.  She calls it "fart club" because of the effect it has on her flatulence (very difficult to hold it in when in certain positions, apparently).

Does that count as exorcism?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2