Goodbye Jesus

Proof religion fucks the mind and makes a person immoral

LogicalFallacy

No words needed from me, just watch the video.

Goodbye Jesus

I don't think I lasted 15 seconds before I felt my skull begin to crack. I knew if it didn't click off that video my head was going to explode. I just can't listen to that kind of shit any more. I suppose I should feel sorry for brain dead fundies like her, but I apparently haven't reached that stage yet. I'm still stuck in the they are brain dead idiots stage and I don't want to be around them, much less listen to their stupidity. :argue:  :asshole2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Geezer said:

I don't think I lasted 15 seconds before I felt my skull begin to crack. I knew if it didn't click off that video my head was going to explode. I just can't listen to that kind of shit any more. I suppose I should feel sorry for brain dead fundies like her, but I apparently haven't reached that stage yet. I'm still stuck in the they are brain dead idiots stage and I don't want to be around them, much less listen to their stupidity. :argue:  :asshole2:

Me too Geezer. Couldn't make it through 3 minutes. These people. Brainwashing at its finest!!

• Sad 1

LF:  Your thread title is typical click bait.  You do not need to use hyperbole.  It is quite obvious the elder lady in the video is a religious nutter.  The video is not "proof" that religion fucks the mind and makes a person immoral.  

Is this the fucking Westborough lady.

edit: nevermind I just got three minutes in, it is. These people are absolutely nuts and it's because of the patriarch of the family. There's been a few of the members who have gotten out miraculously, but it was because the family kicked them out after they questioned things.

It's sad actually.  These people are so brainwashed.  Hell is a hell of a motivator to become irrational.  

This makes me sick to my stomach, because I know how brainwashed they are. I know how much they believe it and they know nothing else. They really, truly believe they are going to hell and that they are fighting a spiritual war. They say it so angrily too, as Tyra points out. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 1:47 PM, sdelsolray said:

LF:  Your thread title is typical click bait.  You do not need to use hyperbole.  It is quite obvious the elder lady in the video is a religious nutter.  The video is not "proof" that religion fucks the mind and makes a person immoral.  

sdelsolray, thanks for your thoughts.

The thread title was literally the words that ran through my head as I watched the video (Actually I thought, "shit, this is proof"....) - it was midnight, thought I'd quickly post for interest. The post was not intended to be a high level critique of any relationship between religion and mental impact. The word proof was in no way intended to be taken literally. You may be reading too much into what was essentially a late night ill thought out rapid post?

If a Christian wants to pick up an comment on the content I'm happy to delve into that. 

Cheers

LF

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh* I very clearly said I hated flags. Why you gotta go waving around some logo like it means something. They are so pretentious

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

Xtianity and islam(two peas in a pod) should be classified as a cult and banned for children under 18. Look at what harm it does, which in turn can lead to these brain damaged individuals doing harm to other innocent people. Then again look at the murders across europe that took place when xtianity was getting a foot hold. The salem witch trials, treatment of native americans and the indigenous peoples around the world. Look at the murders of scientists, athiests, gay people, look at the treatment of people who were left handed. It is clearly time to recognize these cultic mythologies are a detriment to mankind, and to society, and treat them as such. 

• Like 1