Goodbye Jesus

Came Out Again

MOHO

Perhaps we could benefit from an Unequally Yoked area.

Anyway, as many of you  know I came out back in 2014 but "ducked back in" for two reasons.

1. Family pressure
  2. To give jebus one more shot.

This was poor judgement and  a bad move on my part for the following reasons.

1. It solved nothing. Forcing one's self to try to believe does not work - post enlightenment.
  2. Allowing family members to pressure you into changing your life philosophy brings only heartache - as long as your current philosophy is not harmful, but, especially if the philosophy your fams are "promoting" IS harmful!
  3. It may have put my efforts to enlighten others, or encourage them to enlighten themselves, behind a bit.
  4. It made me look like a fickle, unstable, idiot.

I don't recommend to anyone, after coming out, to go back. I understand that this is a journey, not a snap decision, but if you have a change of heart regarding any faith-based decision or entity, keep it to yourself for a while.

Another lesson is that attempting to "go back" only prolongs the negative impact - on both your liberation from harmful religion and with whatever will become of your personal relationships.

Mrs. MOHO and I are OK for now so, if anyone is contemplating being forthcoming with loved ones, I would encourage doing so. The exception is for those who are living under someone Else's roof and are financially dependent on them.

That's it for now. Don't know what the future will bring but it helps to talk about it and I hope this post is helpful to someone else.

- MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Goodbye Jesus

"It made me look like a fickle, unstable, idiot."

Meh, aren't we all. LoL.

Watch an episode of Dr Phil or Jerry Springer. You'll instantly feel like a genius. LoL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Don't feel bad MOHO. Everyone has to do whatever it takes to let go of the god virus. Just stay quiet and keep the peace right now. You'll know the right time to discuss any religious topic. Silence is golden until you know what you're prepared to do about the situation. Take a breather. 

(hug)

• Like 3

Leaving the faith isn't for the weak & timid. It's always hard & the journey is difficult & emotionally draining. Lots of folks need more than one try to break free. Religious indoctrination is enormously effective & it takes dedication, work, and persistence to break free. You know too much to ever go back and be happy now. I think you've got it licked this time. :3:

• Like 1

Curious question/inquiry:   Did you really make a bad DECISION in 2014?

Things were quite rough for you with your relationship with your spouse in 2014.  The pressures you were facing were huge, and so was the intensity of the programming/indoctrination your spouse was under at that time.  If you had not "ducked back in" in 2014 maybe you and your spouse would not have remained "OK" with everything ?  Maybe the 3 year "duck in" breather allowed you to gain skills that is making you and your spouse "OK" today.  Etc.,,,

Life is often about making good decisions.  A good decision at a point in time, made with the knowledge and skills at and, is still a good decision....even if one ends up with a bad result.   The only thing we can do is to endeavor to make good decisions.  The results of our decisions are rarely guaranteed, quite variable, and often not clearly foreseeable.  

A good decision that yields a bad result is still a good decision.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Margee said:

Don't feel bad MOHO. Everyone has to do whatever it takes to let go of the god virus. Just stay quiet and keep the peace right now. You'll know the right time to discuss any religious topic. Silence is golden until you know what you're prepared to do about the situation. Take a breather. 

(hug)

Thank you, @Margee

Knowing the right time to discuss religious topics before engaging is good advice.  Last Sunday evening was defiantly NOT the time. We both backed off and are just letting it sink in at this point.

I helped Mrs MOHO with her business last night after work and we shared a lasting hug before bed. Hoping the tenderness can prevail.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, midniterider said:

"It made me look like a fickle, unstable, idiot."

Meh, aren't we all. LoL.

Watch an episode of Dr Phil or Jerry Springer. You'll instantly feel like a genius. LoL.

You're funny guy, Midnight! :lol:

12 hours ago, Geezer said:

Leaving the faith isn't for the weak & timid. It's always hard & the journey is difficult & emotionally draining. Lots of folks need more than one try to break free. Religious indoctrination is enormously effective & it takes dedication, work, and persistence to break free. You know too much to ever go back and be happy now. I think you've got it licked this time. :3:

Thanx for the shot in the arm, @Geezer

You are absolutely correct that leaving the faith is not for weenies. I've learned that recently.

Everyone here who has taken the plunge should consider that a testament to their courage, resolve, and self-esteem.

Those who are pondering doing same need to comprehend the potential impact but know they will get support here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ConsiderTheSource said:

Curious question/inquiry:   Did you really make a bad DECISION in 2014?

Things were quite rough for you with your relationship with your spouse in 2014.  The pressures you were facing were huge, and so was the intensity of the programming/indoctrination your spouse was under at that time.  If you had not "ducked back in" in 2014 maybe you and your spouse would not have remained "OK" with everything ?  Maybe the 3 year "duck in" breather allowed you to gain skills that is making you and your spouse "OK" today.  Etc.,,,

Life is often about making good decisions.  A good decision at a point in time, made with the knowledge and skills at and, is still a good decision....even if one ends up with a bad result.   The only thing we can do is to endeavor to make good decisions.  The results of our decisions are rarely guaranteed, quite variable, and often not clearly foreseeable.  

A good decision that yields a bad result is still a good decision.

Thank you for the advice and support, @ConsiderTheSource

In retrospect it was not a bad decision. We were on the brink of divorce and "ducking back in" allowed us to support each other and the rest of the fams when that was more important. 

A good decision that yields a bad result is still a good decision

Hadn't thought about that. I tend to procrastinate making decisions. This will help. 

• Like 3

We make the best decision we can based on the information we have. When trying to guess how our decisions are going to play out when it comes to other people's ideas and emotions, it's awfully hard to guess.

It's working out pretty comfortably for me when people think I'm a "struggling" Christian. Perhaps some day I can leave it all behind. For now, when they ask me how I'm doing and I know they mean "spiritually" (even though that's not a real thing), I say "I'm okay." One person recently followed up with "really?" and I said "yeah, I'm good." I don't think she believed me, but it's the absolute truth! I'm actually great when it comes to "faith." I don't have one bit of it... they're the ones with the problems!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-09-05 at 3:30 PM, Lerk said:

For now, when they ask me how I'm doing and I know they mean "spiritually" (even though that's not a real thing), I say "I'm okay." One person recently followed up with "really?" and I said "yeah, I'm good." I don't think she believed me, but it's the absolute truth! I'm actually great when it comes to "faith." I don't have one bit of it... they're the ones with the problems!

Haha that's awesome!!!! :yelrotflmao:

• Like 1