Goodbye Jesus

Why do Christians hate the flesh so badly?

ChelseaGuy

• Super Moderator
13 hours ago, ToddJ said:

Honestly God seems extremely selfish to condemn people for having a desire.  If it were your children you would most likely not condemn them for wanting something so then why does God?

That's because we mere mortals are more loving, compassionate, forgiving, understanding, kind, selfless, wise, patient, better teachers -- BETTER  PARENTS -- than that ol' abusive, primitive, imaginary father god!   :woohoo:

4 minutes ago, buffettphan said:

That's because we mere mortals are more loving, compassionate, forgiving, understanding, kind, selfless, wise, patient, better teachers -- BETTER  PARENTS -- than that ol' abusive, primitive, imaginary father god!   :woohoo:

Not usually.  The reason that God was invented was because he was made in man's image.  Some people are good, but I'm a cynic when it comes to humanity.  Most people are abusive, condemning, angry, petty, unjust, and vindictive and so they invented a god to suit them.

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, ToddJ said:

Not usually.  The reason that God was invented was because he was made in man's image.  Some people are good, but I'm a cynic when it comes to humanity.  Most people are abusive, condemning, angry, petty, unjust, and vindictive and so they invented a god to suit them.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about that.   Most people (not the ones we hear about on real or fake news) are decent and just try to live their lives as best they can.   However I do agree that society's leaders, both then and now, are the abusive, condemning, angry, petty, unjust, and vindictive ones who not only invented a god in their image, but keep that belief alive in order to subjugate the rest of us.   

• Like 3

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, buffettphan said:

However I do agree that society's leaders, both then and now, are the abusive, condemning, angry, petty, unjust, and vindictive ones who not only invented a god in their image, but keep that belief alive in order to subjugate the rest of us.   

I think there is research that shows that those most inclined to want to lead/rule are those least desirable for the position due to the personality characteristics that makes a person want to lead (Power, control, ego, narcissism etc) Just think Trump and you'll get what I mean. Of course this is a very general statement and there are many good leaders with desirable traits.

• Like 2

Its interesting that they do hate the physical body so much and yet maintain that their bodies will somehow survive death (in a changed form, of course).  The bodily resurrection of Christ is insisted upon by the later gospel writers. It seems they are stuck with the body thing for eternity.