Goodbye Jesus

How Long Have You Been Out Of Christianity?

DoubleDee

First of all I would like to say hi to all of you!, as this is my first post on the forum.

So far it has been really interesting reading about all the experiences shared by you, and to be able

to relate to that.

A radical shift in my mind concerning my christian beliefs occured to me on November 20 last year. I happened to come

across the 3vid3nc3 series on youtube on a sunday morning, and from the first minute till the last one of it I was hooked.

Just so much of it resonated with me, and it gave the final blow and push to rationally step away from my christian beliefs.

I was a very devoted christian since my early teenage years, and I realize this new journey and direction in my life will

require time to settle in and to step away from the mental/emotional programming still there, but up to now I can say I feel so much more

true to myself than all those years before. I'm looking forward to be around on the forum and learn from all your stories and experiences!

• Like 1

Hi and welcome, PV! The cool thing about this site is that it not only stresses personal experiences but facts and evidence. I'd been out of the church for almost 20 years when I found this site, and *still* I got my butt educated by the people here. I'm proud to call these folks friends and hope you will be equally proud of them. Can't wait to see you in the forums!

Hey PV!

I'm a newbie deconvert too, but it feels like its been a LOT longer than the 6-12 months since I considered myself a "christian". After I first saw that it was Ok to question things and summoned up the nuts to read the other side of the argument (because i wanted TRUTH above all else), i read an insane amount of books in about 6 months and feel like I have NO reason to ever "believe" again. I'm not 100% closed to the concept of a deist god, or hell, even a theist one IF THE EVIDENCE EVER SHOWED IT, but as of now that evidence is clearly lacking to put it mildly.

Welcome!

Hi all, noob here. Mentally, I checked out of christianity years ago. There were just too many unanswered questions and doubts. Over that time I got the courage to go beyond apologetics and begin reading real critiques. I stayed on for a while because of friendships, and for my kids. But that was never gonna last. For the most part, leaving christianity has been incredibly freeing. I'm atheist. Or at least 90% atheist, 10% agnostic. I believe that technically could be some higher power out there, but I don't think there is. And it certainly isn't the christian god. Anyway, glad to be here. LeslieWave.gif

Hi everyone,

I left Christianity in 2001, never thought I would return, but in in December of 06, for what I thought was undeniable evidence. Kmowing it couldn't forget all the facts that disproved innerancy I settled on a philosophy called Process Theology. After 5 years I realized through common sense, there was a rational explanation for what I thought was clear cut evidence, finally came to the reality that I had it right in 2001. I left for good sometime last summer. I wrote a book on prophecy I never published. Have over 35 years experience in the scriptures. Even challenged and beat Patrick Holdings and his boys in a debate and beat them, although they did put up a valiant effort. If I can help anyone please let me know. I have ministers and religous fanatics in my family, and yes it can be hard, but I learned how to handle that also.

What was your evidence that compelled you to reconvert in 06 Masters?

Hi all, noob here. Mentally, I checked out of christianity years ago. There were just too many unanswered questions and doubts. Over that time I got the courage to go beyond apologetics and begin reading real critiques. I stayed on for a while because of friendships, and for my kids. But that was never gonna last. For the most part, leaving christianity has been incredibly freeing. I'm atheist. Or at least 90% atheist, 10% agnostic. I believe that technically could be some higher power out there, but I don't think there is. And it certainly isn't the christian god. Anyway, glad to be here. LeslieWave.gif

Hey! Good to have ya here! Welcome!

You're pretty much right where I'm at. I say I'm somewhere in the 90% range deconverted. I occasionally still have the "what if I'm wrong" thoughts float through the mind but I know it's just years of brainwashing popping up. Was there anything major that led to your deconversion? For me it was death by 10,000 paper cuts.

Was there anything major that led to your deconversion? For me it was death by 10,000 paper cuts.

LOL, 10,000 paper cuts about sums it up! I had major cognitive dissonance going on for years. Last year I had a serious health issue which landed me in the hospital. That's what ultimately pushed me to get serious about what I believe, and about the rest of my life. Now I'm living free, happy and have rediscovered my love for life. The tough part now is trying to teach my kids critical thinking so that they can find their own path. Their mom is still Christian & I'm not out yet. Not sure how to handle that part yet, but I've seen some good discussion on here about it.

I'm enjoying seeing all the new faces. Welcome to you, 59Strat and TheMasters :) And yeah, Strat, you've probably already noticed that there are a lot of men in your situation. I hope when you do have that discussion, it works out well.

Was there anything major that led to your deconversion? For me it was death by 10,000 paper cuts.

LOL, 10,000 paper cuts about sums it up! I had major cognitive dissonance going on for years. Last year I had a serious health issue which landed me in the hospital. That's what ultimately pushed me to get serious about what I believe, and about the rest of my life. Now I'm living free, happy and have rediscovered my love for life. The tough part now is trying to teach my kids critical thinking so that they can find their own path. Their mom is still Christian & I'm not out yet. Not sure how to handle that part yet, but I've seen some good discussion on here about it.

Same boat. My wife is moderately devout too. She just thinks I have "questions".

I'm enjoying seeing all the new faces. Welcome to you, 59Strat and TheMasters smile.png And yeah, Strat, you've probably already noticed that there are a lot of men in your situation. I hope when you do have that discussion, it works out well.

Thanks! I wish I'd found these forums years ago, but I'm glad to be here now for sure. We just went thru a (amicable) divorce. So really the coming out part is about the kids and my parents, not so much about the ex.

What was your evidence that compelled you to reconvert in 06 Masters?

I wrote a book a prophecy years ago, I was poking around and someone snuck into a meeting at a hotel with a tape recorder discussing plans for a new world order, they were serious. They said the when Lord Maitreya appears. So .... I found Lord Maitreya at Share International, knowing the scriptures inside and out, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that this was Antichrist, he was here. I was driving home 2 nights later, and found his spokesperson on a rock radio station in an interview at 2 am, then seen seminars anout the coming Maitreya in NY to thousands, then in Japan to about 20,000 people, then found out that share international was supported by the United Nations. Full page ads in USA today, late. night commercials on CNN, search share international CNN commercial on You Tube.

But Occams Razors prevailed. After 4 years of research, I found out Share International was created by a follower of Blavatsky of the Teosopical society, which is literal Luciferian devil worship. They had a book company called lucifers trust, then they try to cloak it with its modern day Luci's trust. This society tried to force an Antichrist in the 1920s and tapped a man called Jiddu Krishnamurti to be the world teacher, who later rejected the role. So they are just a cult, that knows the Bible and took lucifers side and are trying to create Antichrist . The movement is real, but rather than the bible predicting Antichrist, it created the idea for Antichrist cults. It took me a 3-4 years to figure that one out, that was a hard one. The head of Share International, was a follower of a Blavansky, literal satan worship, so the simlist answer, did the bible foretell this 2000 years ago, or since they tried to make Jiddu Krishnamurti leader in the 20s, and Creame is a student of Blavansky, did the bible create the idea for the cults? What is the simpleist answer?

Wow, that's pretty wild, isn't it, TM? But what if the answer is neither of those two options? There've been so many prophecies of who the Antichrist "must" be that it's about lost its luster now to even try to predict it. And I don't think the Bible created cults at all. Cults have existed pretty much from the first tribal awakenings. Christianity was just another cult floating around. It didn't even have particularly original ideas. It was doomed to fail just like all the other messianic cults of its era until it got picked up by a few influential people. I bet you'd love http://pocm.info/index.html.

Learning history destroyed a big part of my belief in Christianity's tenets. There's absolutely no way to hang onto a messianic faith when you learn its long, checkered history.

Wow, that's pretty wild, isn't it, TM? But what if the answer is neither of those two options? There've been so many prophecies of who the Antichrist "must" be that it's about lost its luster now to even try to predict it. And I don't think the Bible created cults at all. Cults have existed pretty much from the first tribal awakenings. Christianity was just another cult floating around. It didn't even have particularly original ideas. It was doomed to fail just like all the other messianic cults of its era until it got picked up by a few influential people. I bet you'd love http://pocm.info/index.html.

Learning history destroyed a big part of my belief in Christianity's tenets. There's absolutely no way to hang onto a messianic faith when you learn its long, checkered history.

No no, you don't understand completely, it has to be one of the two, here is why. Not gloating, but if you knew the prophecies of Antichrist like I did, his agenda, it is exactly what is to said Maitreya is to accomplish. For instance the creation of a peace treaty for Israel, elimination of money, linked to micro chips, elimination of all religions, except him, end of world hunger, world poverty. Worldwide miracles at his appearance as spoken in the bible, Maitreya is supposed to heal everyone on the day of declaration he appears. The worship of lucifer, but yet claiming to be Jesus. This organization is no Mickey Mouse cult, I have evidence it was backed by the UN from the magazine in 1981. Millions are being spent on commercials, USA today full page ads. The bible had to create the idea of this world wide domination cult, because that is where Jesus and lucifer (satan) was born. They are a cult trying to user in the other side, they believe in god but are taking the other side and are trying to create him, this is why they tried this with Jiddu Krishnamurti in the 20s. It's just a luciferian cult, which is why they called the book company Lucifers Trust. It came from the bible, either predicted or the simpler answer created the idea.

Click above video

Um, okay. I admit I'm not up on my apocalyptic Abrahimic conspiracy mythology, but since absolutely no other mystical thing described in the Bible can be authoritatively said to have really happened, and since I know that the Bible is cobbled together out of older mythologies and concepts over centuries and therefore definitely did not create the idea of a death cult (see that link? POCM.info? It'll destroy that theory pretty fast, and it cites sources, which you did not), I'm going to have to say that in my opinion, this "Maitreya" is a fraud and a con artist just like Blavatsky was, and just like every other religious huckster past, present, and future.

• Like 1

Of course it's a hoax, I think we have a communication gap, it's very easy to quote scripture and my sources, but that is usually when I'm trying to prove something which I'm not. Hoax meaning there never will be an Antichrist, I think they believe, creame & Blavansky, Anne Bessant, theosopy, that if they lay tihe groundwork for it and tap a leader, they believe Satan will incarnate Maitreya or in the 20s Krishnamurti. But this idea of Lucifer taking over the world through his son stems from the bible. It seemed so real, that the agenda of Maitreya was to the exact detail of the way Antichrist is described, it brought me back because it was so real that he was here. When my investigation linked him back to a student of Blavansky, an admitted worshiper of a lucifer, Teosopical lucifer trust publishing, it was obvious that the reason is Maitreya is a text book example of Antichrist, is because they are devil worshipers and made his agenda out of the description of Satans son in the bible... They are trying to create him because they believe in lucifer or worship him, that doesn't make it real, or god real, just that there is a luciferian cult trying to usher in Antichrist from the description of him in the bible. I never said it wasn't a hoax. I was explaining why I returned to Christianity, now I left again because it is a hoax. The simlist answer is the bible created the idea of Antichrist for luciferian cults, rather than predict antichrist. I hope you understand a little more now.

Btw.. This page left out a lot or details, likene day of declaration on Maitreya's page...

"On this Day of Declaration, we will see his face on the television screen wherever we have access. The biblical statement, "All eyes will see him," will be fulfilled, in the only way in which it can be fulfilled. We will see his face, but he will not speak. His thoughts, his ideas, his call to humanity for justice, sharing, right relationships and peace, will take place silently, telepathically. Each of us will hear him inwardly in our own language. In this way, he will re-enact on a worldwide scale the true happenings of Pentecost 2,000 years ago.

At the same time, the energy which he embodies ― the Christ Principle, the energy of love ― will flow out in tremendous potency through the hearts of all humanity. He has said: "It will be as if I embrace the world. People will feel it even physically." This will evoke an intuitive, heartfelt response to his message. Simultaneously, on the outer, physical plane, there will be hundreds of thousands of miracle healings throughout the planet. In these three ways we will know that Maitreya is the World Teacher, come for all groups, religious and non-religious alike." http://www.share-international.org/maitreya/Ma_emerge.htm

Compare

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 thess. 2

Read this middle part ofthe page inthe link below

http://www.redmoonrising.com/maitreya.htm

I've been out of fundamentalist Christianity for 8 years now and am so thankful all the de-conversion pain is pretty well behind me.

Today, I seem to be thinking a lot about making a more public statement about my status as an ex-Christian. I don't know if that is coming from being a part of this forum or what? Maybe it is part of the process. I have been getting more and more aggravated with Christians quoting Bible verses on FB and have blocked two of them from my feed so I don't go do something rash. wicked.gif

Masters- why don't you start a new thread in the Den with your evidence? The topic sounds like something that is much on your mind, but I've already hijacked this thread long enough.

Sjessen - I know what you mean; that's why I joined ex-C.net myself. I've been out for a long time, but as fundagelicals get increasingly overbearing and aggressive, I began to feel like it was time to add my voice to a public forum. I'm glad to see you here :)

You still don't get what my point, I have no evidence of anything... Just forget about it....

Sjessen - I know what you mean; that's why I joined ex-C.net myself. I've been out for a long time, but as fundagelicals get increasingly overbearing and aggressive, I began to feel like it was time to add my voice to a public forum. I'm glad to see you here smile.png

Thanks, Akheia! I'm so glad to be here. This is good therapy for me!

12 years as of January 1 2012.

Will be a year August...wub.png

Its been seven years since truly I stop believing, but its been about five years since I stop pretending I still believed.

Going on three years. Glory hallelujah!