Goodbye Jesus

The Crazy Baker Gospel

LimitedGrip

The Crazy Baker Gospel

Hey look, I made this cake for you to share with me. It's the best cake ever. 

Really? That's sweet. Thank you. 

Only problem is that in order to eat this cake, you have to say the magic word. 

*giggles* Please? 

No, unfortunately, the magic word is something you can't possibly pronounce. 

*nervous chuckle*Okay....

No worries, I've got you covered, there's another way. I'll just gift it to you.

Really? I thought that was the point in the first place?

Oh, it was, but you know, the magic word. Can you pass me that knife over there? 

Sure...

*Chop* "AAAAAAHHHH"

OMG! WTF? Why did you do that? 

*whimper* I told you, the magic word needed to be said, but instead I'm gifting it to you. 

What the fuck does that have to do with chopping your goddamn hand off? 

It covers for the magic word, of course. *sprinkles blood on the cake. * Ah, perfect. 

You're fucking crazy. I'm out. 

Tell your friends!

You know I think this story has its roots is far older stories told by people long ago. It has the similar motifs, story structure, and sacrifice for an unworthy people. 

22 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You know I think this story has its roots is far older stories told by people long ago. It has the similar motifs, story structure, and sacrifice for an unworthy people. 

I agree.

To me it seems patently obvious that it is written by men to elicit emotional responses; most notably love, guilt and fear. All of which seem counter-intuitive in relation to what one might expect from an infinite god. 

My purpose for writing this parody is to attempt to explain how arbitrary the rules which god allegedly created seem to be. One cannot enter heaven unless pure. Why? Therefore a sacrifice is needed in proxy. Again, why? And how does that make one cleansed? Simply because that's what he arbitrarily decreed, or rather, what the writers decreed in order to elicit the feelings of love, guilt, and fear.