Goodbye Jesus

WLC Criticizes the Islamic God

LogicalFallacy

This is interesting from a theological point of view. I think Craig here is being unfair and dishonest in regards to his comparison of God/Jesus versus Allah.

Allah apparently does not love sinners, his love is conditional etc. But is this not so with God? What happens to those who don't believe and love Jesus? They go to hell. This indicates Gods love and mercy towards you is indeed dependent upon your belief of, and love towards him, the same as Allah. Does this not ipso facto mean that both the Christian God and the Muslim God has conditional love? Therefore Craigs own argument of the greatest possible being fails for both.

Here are some verses both Old and New Testament that undermines Craigs argument:

The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers. 6 You destroy those who speak lies; the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man (Psalms 5:5-6).

The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence (Psalms 11:5).

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him (John 3:36).

Craig says what he says because it gets him more money.

Is "conditonal love" an oxymoron?

So you are of the opinion Craig doesn't sincerely believe what he says? Mind you sincerely believing and saying things to make money are not necessarily mutually exclusive are they...

Re conditional love and oxymoron. No I don't think conditional love is, my unconditional love might be. Can you think of any instance where love might be truly unconditional?

Can one be "all loving" and at the same time have conditions? Well actually in relation to an all loving God, the concept of him having conditions probably does make it an oxymoron.

As an aside Here's a piece I found talking about unconditional love being an oxymoron:

https://thewildwebster.wordpress.com/2011/08/25/un-conditional-love-an-oxymoron/ 

It doesn't really matter what Craig "believes".  The evidence reveals he lies, obfuscates and cheats and earns his living doing so.  

As to conditional and non-conditional love, that would depend on a definition of "love" and how it functions.  I suspect love is rooted in the limbic system in the brain, is expressed in action and behavior and has varying degrees of presence in and influence upon the actor depending on the recipient and the surrounding situation.

PS... why did I put this thread here? It should be in Christian Theological Issues.

Mods please move.