Goodbye Jesus

Bad Christian Bumper Stickers

Deva

I must start another thread on this subject because of the absurd mess I saw today.  It was a drawing of a man's hand with a nail being driven through it.

The caption read "Body piercing saved me." 

Even if I were still a Christian, I would be disgusted.  Really, some of the stuff I see on cars on the road makes me despair.

There is a megachurch in the area that has about 25,000 members regularly attending. Their sticker is a cross shape, an equal sign and then the word "Love".  I see this thing EVERYWHERE.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Deva said:

I must start another thread on this subject because of the absurd mess I saw today.  It was a drawing of a man's hand with a nail being driven through it.

Even if I were still a Christian, I would be disgusted.  Really, some of the stuff I see on cars on the road makes me despair.

There is a megachurch in the area that has about 25,000 members regularly attending. Their sticker is a cross shape, an equal sign and then the word "Love".  I see this thing EVERYWHERE.

That would suck steaming piles of canine excrement!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deva said:

[sarcasm]   What's wrong with that?   [/sarcasm]

"Hey, you fucked up but I love you so much that I've sent myself to earth where I'll then have myself tortured to death so I'll feel better about your fuckups, and that way I'll be able to let you into my club later."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hey, @Deva,

I think you were after bumper stickers, billboards etc that reflect the xtian/religious mindset - especially those that are really insulting or just plain stupid.

My county is re-pleat with a billboard that says "For the truth, look here!"

Then there's an arrow pointing to the Bible.

Obviously, if i twas the truth, they would not have to continuously pound it into the sheeple that it is.

I wonder how much it would cost to rent the sign next to some of those that says "NO! Here!"

With a picture of Richard Dawkins's latest.

• Like 4

Then there is the group that has raised millions of dollars to erect giant metal crosses along the interstate roadways. These are actually significant construction projects but for what purpose? What are they attempting to accomplish? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Geezer said:

Then there is the group that has raised millions of dollars to erect giant metal crosses along the interstate roadways. These are actually significant construction projects but for what purpose? What are they attempting to accomplish? 

As far as the sheeple go they are trying to attain the highest xtian honor possible by converting the masses.

As far as the heads of state church are concerned they are trying to amass more money and political clout.

Let's hope it backfires - WHOLESALE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MOHO said:

Hey, @Deva,

I think you were after bumper stickers, billboards etc that reflect the xtian/religious mindset - especially those that are really insulting or just plain stupid.

My county is re-pleat with a billboard that says "For the truth, look here!"

Then there's an arrow pointing to the Bible.

Obviously, if i twas the truth, they would not have to continuously pound it into the sheeple that it is.

I wonder how much it would cost to rent the sign next to some of those that says "NO! Here!"

With a picture of Richard Dawkins's latest.

That's right.  Bad religious bumper stickers or other advertisements you see on the road. I am sure this is not the only thread I have started on this subject. I go for years and then its like an overload of the stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Portland has a handful of stupid billboards like "Beyond Reasonable Doubt - Jesus is Alive!" "Heaven or Hell? Call --- - ---- to find out"

Vancouver's county had to install the motto "In GoD we trust" (the d is actually a different sized font for some unknown reason). The former commissioners were corrupt GOP suck-ups intent on getting the religious vote, now we're stuck with that damn motto overhead.

The annoying sticker I see on vehicles around here is "Only God". I've been thinking about printing up some "Only Thor" and similar.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Geezer said:

Are those crosses within the highway right of way? If so, I see an ACLU intervention.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, older said:

Are those crosses within the highway right of way? If so, I see an ACLU intervention.

3 hours ago, older said:

No they lease or purchase space on private property, mostly from farmers.

• Thanks 1

Wonder how many homeless and poor could be helped with those funds spent?

Jebusfuckmoosechocolayemooseballs....

kL

• Like 1

I wonder how many drivers think those crosses are cell towers?  ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/24/2017 at 2:09 PM, SkipNChurch said:

Wonder how many homeless and poor could be helped with those funds spent?

Jebusfuckmoosechocolayemooseballs....

kL

The same thought crossed my mind with regard to Buddhists building "retreat centers" and numerous stupas and statues. But that would be off topic.

On 2017-11-24 at 12:18 PM, Geezer said:

I wonder how many drivers think those crosses are cell towers?  ^_^

Maybe an atheist group could go around and put signs on the crosses that says "FREE WIFI HOTSPOT".

• Haha 2

On 11/23/2017 at 9:40 AM, Geezer said:

They serve a valuable purpose. They're good places for birds to perch and shit all over. ;)

• Haha 3

There is a single story barn with the following message in huge letters along the major highway in our state:  

NO GOD . . . NO PEACE

KNOW GOD . . . KNOW PEACE

Funny thing is, in all my 20 some odd years as a Christian, I never felt any peace!

In my last few years as a Christian, I had a bumper sticker on my car that said, "Is this all there is?"  It was advertising the Alpha Course at our church.  Now when I see that around town, I silently say, "Yes, as a matter of fact, this IS all there is!"

• Like 3

On 2017-12-06 at 7:34 PM, Daffodil said:

NO GOD . . . NO PEACE

KNOW GOD . . . KNOW PEACE

It’s so dumb isn’t it!?

More like:

KNOW GOD...NO PEACE

NO GOD...KNOW PEACE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/23/2017 at 2:08 AM, Deva said:

There seems to be something uniquely American about trying to get everyone around them to adopt their particular points of view. I've been all over the world and have never seen the bumper sticker phenomenon outside the US. 

Saw a post on FB the other day that was pretty funny: "God loved you so much that he gave up a weekend for you" (in the image, it showed Jesus' jet ski sitting in dry dock. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vigile said:

There seems to be something uniquely American about trying to get everyone around them to adopt their particular points of view. I've been all over the world and have never seen the bumper sticker phenomenon outside the US.

Interesting. When I was in Europe, I wasn't looking for bumper stickers, so I didn't take notice of that. Anyway, the notion of trying to get others to think the same here in America was probably borne out of evangelicalism.

2 hours ago, Vigile said:

Saw a post on FB the other day that was pretty funny: "God loved you so much that he gave up a weekend for you" (in the image, it showed Jesus' jet ski sitting in dry dock. 

:D

4 hours ago, Citsonga said:

Interesting. When I was in Europe, I wasn't looking for bumper stickers, so I didn't take notice of that. Anyway, the notion of trying to get others to think the same here in America was probably borne out of evangelicalism.

:D

Yeah, that's probably where I get it too. :)