Goodbye Jesus

A brief introduction

realityrunt

If I had to say the wost thing Christianity brought into my life, was the belief I had found the truth.

This in itself cut off my desire to keep learning, thinking that anything other than the bible was a lie. I soon blacked out my ability to absorb information, and I fell into a disheveled mental mess.

I see it all to much now I've left the religion, and how much of a mind control organization it is. But in the end all it did was suppress my base urges and desires, and I watched myself turn into a weird religious freak.

I never really had religion forced on me by my family, but by the world. I should have never walked into that bible book store twenty years ago.

All it took was one snake to bite me with his hell theology, and I lost all my freedom in a matter of months.

I had numerous reasons for leaving, but the biggest reason was the Christians themselves. (They don't represent dog!)

I can say now that I think I'm fully recovered from the belief system, it took a lot of personal exploration. I had to make shift a whole side spirituality, that drew fire from the the Christian dogma.

But now I just enjoy learning and being open to super fantastic ideas, that are not in contention with logic.

Peace!

Welcome, it seems from your post that you mislabeled yourself as a Christian or maybe you've adopted a really liberal version of Xianity, or maybe you just don't know what you are. Letting go of that stuff is difficult. Glad you found us. 

6 hours ago, Geezer said:

Welcome, it seems from your post that you mislabeled yourself as a Christian or maybe you've adopted a really liberal version of Xianity, or maybe you just don't know what you are. Letting go of that stuff is difficult. Glad you found us. 

I did what now?

You identified yourself as a Christian when you filled out the new member information but your post sounds like you aren't a believer. I'm confused as to whether you are or are not a believer. I'm simply trying to clarify your religious status. Either way is fine, I assume I'm not the only one that is confused as to whether you are a believer or not. 

36 minutes ago, Geezer said:

You identified yourself as a Christian when you filled out the new member information but your post sounds like you aren't a believer. I'm confused as to whether you are or are not a believer. I'm simply trying to clarify your religious status. Either way is fine, I assume I'm not the only one that is confused as to whether you are a believer or not. 

Lol, I never identified as a Christian. Is that why no one is answering my post, how do I fix that.

38 minutes ago, primaryzero said:

Lol, I never identified as a Christian. Is that why no one is answering my post, how do I fix that.

I'm not sure but go back & try to update your profile information. If the system won't let you do that then contact a mod & they will help you. When you get to the question that ask if your believe in any God's answer no. 

2 hours ago, Geezer said:

I'm not sure but go back & try to update your profile information. If the system won't let you do that then contact a mod & they will help you. When you get to the question that ask if your believe in any God's answer no. 

I'm sure the repair man or woman is on their way.

uk-0727-389279-front.jpg

It appears you have successfully de-converted. Congrats. :3:

6 hours ago, Geezer said:

It appears you have successfully de-converted. Congrats. :3:

Quickest de-conversion ever!

Welcome to Ex-C primaryzero

Looks like you've de-converted twice! :D

Glad you were able to leave after so many years.

4 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Welcome to Ex-C primaryzero

Looks like you've de-converted twice! :D

Glad you were able to leave after so many years.

Thank you, it was a bumpy 3-4 years.

(Freedom is a terrible thing when you believe your a slave.)

Hello from a fellow Aussie!

The fear of hell is there to prevent us from questioning and critically examining the doctrine. Independant thinking is discouraged, we are told that all the answers to life are written in the bable.

Religions dread the advance of science, in fact they are anti-scientific discovery, because as scientific knowledge expands, the dominon of god shrinks.

I feel like I have missed out on so much learning, now I can't stop reading Dawkins, Ehrman, Hitchens, Harris, Dennett.

I have witnessed my own family members using the bable as an excuse to treat people like shit. Religion divides us from our fellow human beings.

I'm glad you turned on your bullshit-detector!

7 hours ago, LostinParis said:

The fear of hell is there to prevent us from questioning and critically examining the doctrine. Independant thinking is discouraged, we are told that all the answers to life are written in the bable.

Religions dread the advance of science, in fact they are anti-scientific discovery, because as scientific knowledge expands, the dominon of god shrinks.

I feel like I have missed out on so much learning, now I can't stop reading Dawkins, Ehrman, Hitchens, Harris, Dennett.

I have witnessed my own family members using the bable as an excuse to treat people like shit. Religion divides us from our fellow human beings.

:)

Welcome to the forum, @primaryzero.

Fear of hell, peer pressure, don't study science or read anything other than your Bible, don't ask questions.

Nope. Xianity is not a cult.  :49:

20 hours ago, LostinParis said:

DITTO!

32 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Welcome to the forum, @primaryzero.

Fear of hell, peer pressure, don't study science or read anything other than your Bible, don't ask questions.

Nope. Xianity is not a cult.  :49:

Yes is rather sheepish.