Goodbye Jesus

Where are the miracles?

realityrunt

Didn't Jesus specify that being a believer in him, works and the power's of god would follow them.

Here is a short list of power's Christians should have:

Raising the dead

Changing molecules of atoms

Restoring withered body parts

Casting out demons

Teleportation

Duplication of food matter

Perceiving peoples thoughts

Healing diseases and sicknesses

Striking people dead

Do you really believe that these power's can be accessed by those who believe and follow this god?

If these powers are being used, why are they not recorded and documented for the benefit of substantiating real evidence.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

According to @Ironhorse these all stopped with the apostles.

He believes this because he wants to believe in God but can't if he acknowledges that signs and wonders should follow believers, but there are no signs and wonders today.

Today we know that any reports of miracle healing can be put down to a persons interpretation, temporary placebo effect, or natural healing. I've seen people pray for various things for months, nothing but pain, then one day the pain is gone. PRAISE THE LORDY! .... um you don't think that given the time that your body just fixed itself? That's what it does. How do you determine what God healed and what is just a natural healing, often with the help of medicine?

Here's the other thing - every religion has reports of miracles... happening today. So obviously the supernatural is not limited to Christianity.

TL;DR There is no evidence of God doing anything because there is no evidence! Quite simple really.

• Super Moderator

jesus god damn christ, @primaryzero!  He appeared in a grilled cheese sandwich; what the fuck more could he do to convince you that he really is the omni-everything son of the living god? 

godless heathen.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

jesus god damn christ, @primaryzero!  He appeared in a grilled cheese sandwich; what the fuck more could he do to convince you that he really is the omni-everything son of the living god? 

godless heathen.

I've seen the light! The light side of cheese.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:06 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

godless heathen.

That was a bit cheesy of him wasn't it?

11 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

And only 10% fat.

3 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Don't disparage cheese, please. He showed up in the part that was toast.  :lol:

On 11/28/2017 at 1:08 PM, primaryzero said:

Didn't Jesus specify that being a believer in him, works and the power's of god would follow them.

Raising the dead

Casting out demons

Teleportation

Striking people dead

Do you really believe that these power's can be accessed by those who believe and follow this god?

If these powers are being used, why are they not recorded and documented for the benefit of substantiating real evidence.

Those aren't powers. The real powers are babbling nonsense words, writhing on the floor, and spontaneous laughing. :)

On 11/28/2017 at 4:08 PM, primaryzero said:

Raising the dead

Casting out demons

Teleportation

Striking people dead

Not only those works, but the believer should be able to do even greater works, according to John 14:12..."Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

The closest thing I've ever seen to this being true is watching Benny Hinn on TV knocking down entire rows of people in his audience with a wave of his coat.

11 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Not only those works, but the believer should be able to do even greater works, according to John 14:12..."Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

The closest thing I've ever seen to this being true is watching Benny Hinn on TV knocking down entire rows of people in his audience with a wave of his coat.

Yes. Yesssss!! Touch not the Lord's anointed!  The Fresh Apostle of Wherever!