Goodbye Jesus

Please Remind Ironhorse To Keep His Word.

bornagainathiest

Hello.

Recently the Christian Ironhorse wrote this...

If the scriptures taught that the Gift of Healing (as practiced by Jesus and the Apostles) were for all believers throughout history, I would have to reject the Christian faith.

Because I do not see it happening today.

I have family and friends who genuinely sought for and prayed for healing. They all died.

I would be bitter and angry at God, if I had placed all my faith and trust in Him for a miracles and the miracles never happened.

...in this thread.  http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/77377-the-gifts-of-the-spirit/?page=2

He claimed that the Apostolic Age, where God's gifts of the spirit were given to the apostles and the early church, came to an end two thousand years ago, with the death of the apostle John.

I have shown him from scripture (1 Corinthians 13) that the apostle Paul declares that the Apostolic Age will come to an end when believers have perfect knowledge and understanding of all things.

I asked Ironhorse if he had perfect knowledge and understanding of all things.

Here is his reply and my response.

On 11/25/2017 at 4:38 PM, ironhorse said:

“For now, we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”

~ 1 Corinthians 13:12 

The “now” is my present time. I can see only through a glass darkly now. I see and understand parts, but not everything.

The “then” is when I meets “face to face” with Christ.

Exactly.

If you see imperfectly NOW, then according to Paul you do not have perfect knowledge and perfect understanding - which are the signs of the post-Apostolic Age.

Therefore, we still must be in the Apostolic Age.

Which you say finished two thousand years ago, when John died.

So now, to keep to your word, you must reject Jesus and your Christian faith.

As you can see, by using the logic of Paul's letter to the Corinthians, I have shown Ironhorse that he is wrong about the Apostolic Age ending with the death of John.

Since no Christian has perfect knowledge and understanding, we must still be in the Apostolic age.

Therefore God must still be distributing the gifts of the spirit (including healing) as he sees fit.

So the scriptures DO teach that gift of healing (as practiced by Jesus and the apostles) is given to Christian believers today, just as they were in New Testament times.

Since the scriptures DO teach this, Ironhorse should now keep his word.

He said that he would reject the Christian faith if the scriptures taught this.

Since they DO, it now falls to him to keep his word and reject Jesus Christ.

I've recently reminded Ironhorse that he should keep his word, but he's declined to answer me and has avoided this issue at every turn.

I therefore call upon my fellow members to keep him honest and to remind him whenever possible that he should keep his word.

If he replies to one of your posts, please when you respond to him, remind him of what he said he do and encourage him to keep his word.

If you respond to something he posts, please also add a reminder of what he said he'd do and encourage him to keep his word.

Thanks for your help in this.

BAA.

New International Version
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, primaryzero said:

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

According to wikipedia there are about 75-100 million Baptists, while there are about 280 million Pentecostals. It's basically a numbers game. Three to one in favor of the Pentecostals. That's a major revenue loss for Baptists. So Baptists like IH have to cut the head off this Pentecostal thing by denying Gifts of the Spirit. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

22 hours ago, primaryzero said:

Ah wonderful, thank you... I'm just going to let Ironhorse consider this in light of what he said over in Gifts of the spirit.

2 hours ago, midniterider said:

According to wikipedia there are about 75-100 million Baptists, while there are about 280 million Pentecostals. It's basically a numbers game. Three to one in favor of the Pentecostals. That's a major revenue loss for Baptists. So Baptists like IH have to cut the head off this Pentecostal thing by denying Gifts of the Spirit. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

Intriguing.

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Ah wonderful, thank you... I'm just going to let Ironhorse consider this in light of what he said over in Gifts of the spirit.

Who ever said you can't judge Jesus by the Christians themselves, well duh.

According to the bible, you'd think it would be pure joy for Christians to debate with non believers. Makes me wonder why they don't seem to flood these forums.

• Thanks 1

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, primaryzero said:

According to the bible, you'd think it would be pure joy for Christians to debate with non believers. Makes me wonder why they don't seem to flood these forums.

Oh they are afraid their faith won't stand up to reasoned debate.

Some of them might be happy we all going to hell so leave us to our own devices... I'm sure I can find a scripture to support that view.

When the Ex christians quote a christian’s scripture back at them they just go rogue and continue to believe without biblical basis.