Goodbye Jesus

Blasphemous rumors

realityrunt

12 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

Your passive-aggresive personality disorder is well indicated, and, not surprisingly, you relish in it.

As an alternative, try communicating.  Although simple communication can be difficult, learning how to do it and wanting to do it should help you.

Here's some simple communication for you.  You're an ass.  Every response you pen is condescending.  A great step in our relationship would be  you attempting to talk across to me rather than down.  Thx. 

10 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Do you see yourself as one of these arks?  Like the Pope or something? 

My point is and has been for a while that you use psycho babble and the ideas that come to you as if they are Gospel, and you ignore the Bible. The Bible, whether true or false, has its own contradictions and its own assertions, and you are just imagining stuff to make yourself feel better. 

You as a Christian should know that you have no belief, no ground to stand on, and no anchor in reality for what you believe without the the Bible. Wouldn't you agree that your faith lives or dies in what the Bible says, or do you claim that some Christian hope you may have, or some idea of what Christianity should be like is more important than the Bible that told you of Jesus? 

It doesn't matter what you "see". It only matters what the Bible really actually says, and if you can't defend that all you have are fantasies that you can't even jack off to.

It's an analogy....it's not a crime

11 hours ago, end3 said:

It's an analogy....it's not a crime

Arks. I see arks everywhere!  I see ark people.

End, is it possible that you see what you want to to see, and ignore what you don't want to see?

I lost my faith when I started reading my Bible. I had a soft cover large word Bible (still have it) that had no footnotes, no cross references, no maps, no nothing but the King James text of the Bible. I put aside all of of the tapes, the TV preachers, the pastors, and shut out everything but the Bible itself.

I didn't do that setting out to lose my faith, I set out doing that to get closer to God without any outside interference.

I really think that if people would just read the Bible and see what it says, they too would find that it just can't be true.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, duderonomy said:

Arks. I see arks everywhere!  I see ark people.

End, is it possible that you see what you want to to see, and ignore what you don't want to see?

I lost my faith when I started reading my Bible. I had a soft cover large word Bible (still have it) that had no footnotes, no cross references, no maps, no nothing but the King James text of the Bible. I put aside all of of the tapes, the TV preachers, the pastors, and shut out everything but the Bible itself.

I didn't do that setting out to lose my faith, I set out doing that to get closer to God without any outside interference.

I really think that if people would just read the Bible and see what it says, they too would find that it just can't be true.

I was listening to a Christian teaching radio broadcast when I made the people-ark connection.  I had considered the arks before, but had not associated it with people.  I wasn't actively wanting to learn nor wanting to dismiss.  Perhaps it was the Spirit adding buoyancy to my ark...lol.

10 hours ago, end3 said:

I was listening to a Christian teaching radio broadcast when I made the people-ark connection.  I had considered the arks before, but had not associated it with people.  I wasn't actively wanting to learn nor wanting to dismiss.  Perhaps it was the Spirit adding buoyancy to my ark...lol.

Uh-huh. Alrighty then. Thanks for ignoring what I said, End.

13 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Uh-huh. Alrighty then. Thanks for ignoring what I said, End.

I didn't ignore it.  I assumed you were inquiring how I came to the ark understanding.  To your question, yes, we may certainly bias our direction and understanding.  But in this case, it happened just like the Bible says, hearing the word. 

On 1/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, end3 said:

I didn't ignore it.  I assumed you were inquiring how I came to the ark understanding.  To your question, yes, we may certainly bias our direction and understanding.  But in this case, it happened just like the Bible says, hearing the word. 

Ok End, but hearing the word from whom and through which filter?  I don't want to belabor my point, but have you ever tried shutting everything else off, and just reading the Bible and taking it as it is without any outside influence? 

• Super Moderator
9 hours ago, duderonomy said:

...but have you ever tried shutting everything else off, and just reading the Bible and taking it as it is without any outside influence? 

It seems that anyone who does actually read the Bible does so with an inescapable filter of ingrained dogma. Those raised in the Catholic faith will read it differently than someone raised in a Southern Baptist culture or a Methodist or Amish community. I doubt that many Americans are inclined to read the Bible at face value and without the context of one religion or another. Perhaps those born into other cultures are more fit to judge and interpret the Bible without bias.

10 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Ok End, but hearing the word from whom and through which filter?  I don't want to belabor my point, but have you ever tried shutting everything else off, and just reading the Bible and taking it as it is without any outside influence? 

Good question.  I'm not sure what controls that which stands out or what I hear.  Identity with culture?  I run instruments daily.  My mind always is looking for cause and effect, this ends in that, patterns.  Maybe this is what influences my "insight"?

1 hour ago, florduh said:

It seems that anyone who does actually read the Bible does so with an inescapable filter of ingrained dogma. Those raised in the Catholic faith will read it differently than someone raised in a Southern Baptist culture or a Methodist or Amish community. I doubt that many Americans are inclined to read the Bible at face value and without the context of one religion or another. Perhaps those born into other cultures are more fit to judge and interpret the Bible without bias.

It is probably difficult for a Christian to read the bible objectively when they feel their soul could be put in jeopardy for thought crime.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, florduh said:

That's probably true for most people, but it can be done because I've done it.  No one was a more true-believer, born again, saved, washed in the blood Christian than I was when I put it all aside and read it for what it was and not what I was told it was.

I went from Christian Reformed to Baptist to Pentecostal over the course of several decades and settled on being a self proclaimed Bapticostal.  A large part of my decision to go text only and just read the Bible was to find out which denomination had it right once and for all. Any confirmation bias I brought with me was in favor of the Bible being true.

2 hours ago, end3 said:

Good question.  I'm not sure what controls that which stands out or what I hear.  Identity with culture?  I run instruments daily.  My mind always is looking for cause and effect, this ends in that, patterns.  Maybe this is what influences my "insight"?

Could be. But shouldn't you let the Bible, which is supposedly for all peoples and all cultures be the only influence when it comes to you reading the Bible?

2 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Could be. But shouldn't you let the Bible, which is supposedly for all peoples and all cultures be the only influence when it comes to you reading the Bible?

D, I truthfully think it would be the same.  The "connections" I get aren't typically the same as the intended message.  More often than not, my mind will click with "this connects" with another portion of my routine reality.  I suppose I could read more without commentary and see what happens.  Haven't been back to church except a handful of times since the divorce 5 years ago.  When I do go back, it really feels like those people are extremely stuck in a phase just past fundamentalism.  I usually open my mouth with a question typical of Ex C, i.e. the hard questions, and there are always a lot of head shakers, eye rollers.  AND, I typically tell them they really haven't thought about it much and then don't go back.

• 7 months later...
On 1/4/2018 at 6:08 AM, Guest Ann said:

:jerkit:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has heard this line before.....By age 5 I was told the antichrist had already been born (and was more than likely in his 20's....in 1975). I'm 47 now. I guess he must be waiting until he's a bit older to take over the world? Oh...and in the late 80's Mikhail Gorbabachev was suppose to be a good candidate for antichrist or so I was told. Something to do with him coming from the evil empire Russia (Vigile will love that one;) and has the birthmark on his head AND he spoke positively about the Catholic church (all Catholics were going to hell....I was told). Gorbachev is 86 right now so he better act fast if he wants to win the position of antichrist. 

Don't hold your breath waiting for the antichrist or rapture. Or do...How you choose to waste your time is up to you.

Every year something is the “antichrist” with these loony toons.