Goodbye Jesus

Does anyone else hurt inside when they talk to Christian friends now?

Anushka

Do you feel sad or angry about how much your Christian friends pushed you towards Jesus which made you confused and an emotional cripple? 

No, I don't blame them. I was the same and would try and "help" a christian friend that was questioning religion when I was sick with the god virus. I sometimes get mad at myself for allowing reason and critical thinking to have been disregarded for so many years. Now, I feel sad for my christian friends, but know it's their choice to believe as it was mine.

2 hours ago, Anushka said:

Do you feel sad or angry about how much your Christian friends pushed you towards Jesus which made you confused and an emotional cripple? 

I try to remember that for them the world is black and white and they were interested in saving my soul. And yes I feel deep sadness for them because they are still trapped in a mindset that results in so much unneeded pain. I have seen what the pain and guilt over "sin" could do to people, and it's awful. I'm free, and they are trapped. 

I don’t hurt for adults.

But I hurt inside when I see a child being indoctrinated into the irrational. Unfortunately, that’s pretty much all of them that I see.

• Like 1

It is sad to see the continuation of a vicious cycle of imaginary sin and needless guilt, whether in adults or children. These factors, plus the denial of science and reality in favor of faith in a nonexistent god, hinders true progress.

• Like 3

Anuska, if you sad or angry, and if these people are main reasons for wasting a chunk of your precisious life, your feelings are normal are quite justified.  

Otherwise, if they are more like memory "triggers", than one needs to work on changing one's own mental processing.  It took me a full five years of work on myself to stop the triggers from triggering.  Memory triggers are life wasters.

• Like 1

Sad? Meh.

Angry? just a smidge.

Frustrated? Yes!

"You are not ALLOWED to argue with me because I am speaking for the lord!"

"You must do as I say because I am speaking for the Lord!"

"Secular people are everything that is wrong with this world because they are not walking with the Lord like MEEEEEEEEE!"

Excuse me but were does FUCK YOU come in? 

• Like 1

I was (fortunate) that I was a member of a group that shuns former members, so I don't have a problem when it comes to talking to former Christian friends because they avoid me like the plague. :nono: :woopsie: 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Geezer said:

I was (fortunate) that I was a member of a group that shuns former members

:lol:

2 hours ago, MOHO said:

Sad? Meh.

Angry? just a smidge.

Frustrated? Yes!

"You are not ALLOWED to argue with me because I am speaking for the lord!"

"You must do as I say because I am speaking for the Lord!"

"Secular people are everything that is wrong with this world because they are not walking with the Lord like MEEEEEEEEE!"

Excuse me but were does FUCK YOU come in? 

She does understand that when she says "Lord" That you are actually hearing "Cottontailed pink and purple unicorn", right?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1