Sign in to follow this  
TrueScotsman

Top Putin Opposition Barred From Russian "Election"

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-42479909

Alexi Navanly, the man who was supposed to be running in opposition to tsar Vladimir Putin for the Russian presidential election has now been barred.  It seems the fake embezzelment charges they brought against him were done in order to bring it up during the election and bar him political office.

Putin will now be president until 2024 and perhaps beyond, having been either president or prime minister since 2000.  Which is why most countries consider them an authoritarian regime and not a democracy.

Thank you for your support
Buy Ex-C a cup of coffee!
Costs have significantly risen and we need your support! Click the coffee cup to give a one-time donation, or choose one of the recurrent patron options.
Note: All Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Top, as in 1% of the vote? He's barred by law that says if you were convicted of a felony, you can't run for president. This is in the constitution. I'm sure, however, that Putin was just so paranoid of a guy who is getting 1% support in a country where he currently has an approval rating consistently in the 80s, went out of his way to get the guy a felony conviction just so he could bar him from running for office, 'cause he's sneaky like that. 

Hilarious how this guy puts "election" in quotes as if the US has a free and fair system that isn't rife with voter fraud from machines all the way down to a primary process that makes banana republics look normal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vigile said:

Top, as in 1% of the vote? He's barred by law that says if you were convicted of a felony, you can't run for president. This is in the constitution. I'm sure, however, that Putin was just so paranoid of a guy who is getting 1% support in a country where he currently has an approval rating consistently in the 80s, went out of his way to get the guy a felony conviction just so he could bar him from running for office, 'cause he's sneaky like that. 

I suggest others fact check your statements, there is significant evidence that Alexi had these charges manufactured against him.  He is running an anti-corruption campaign against Putin, and had just put in his papers for the election and was denied.  He claims the Russian constitution only bars those currently in prison from running, and as he only served one day of his five year term that he was sentenced to work in a labor camp, this would not even apply.  

Putin I remind Vigile is a former KGB agent from East Germany, the most comprehensive surveillance state in history under the Statsi operated system of the GDR, backed up by Putin.  He has had journalists murdered and Alexi is considered by human rights groups to have been a political prisoner.  You're living in an alternative universe supporting Putin.

That's all funny, but you may want to consult with Bernie Sanders when it comes to fair elections, but no.....just HAD to vote for a candidate who could win....ooooops!  B)

45 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

That's all funny, but you may want to consult with Bernie Sanders when it comes to fair elections, but no.....just HAD to vote for a candidate who could win....ooooops!  B)

Democracy is all a joke to you.

1 minute ago, TrueScotsman said:

You must be triggered.  AGAIN!

9 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

You must be triggered.  AGAIN!

Typical response, to which you will again accuse me of being triggered.  Do you get a kick out telling people with PTSD that they should kill themselves and that they're triggered?  Just wondering since you seem so fond of trolling people on this site who are open about their struggles with mental health.

9 minutes ago, TrueScotsman said:

Typical response, to which you will again accuse me of being triggered.  Do you get a kick out telling people with PTSD that they should kill themselves and that they're triggered?  Just wondering since you seem so fond of trolling people on this site who are open about their struggles with mental health.

No..I just find people who whine an easy pick.  I find people who think *I* should pay for *them* to FEEEEL good and say it is for the "Greater Good" or some other excuse reprehensible. 

Besides...I think I made a valid point about how Bernie Sanders got fucked.  You are the one who wanted to have a fit about it. 

Just now, Burnedout said:

No..I just find people who whine an easy pick.  I find people who think *I* should pay for *them* to FEEEEL good and say it is for the "Greater Good" or some other excuse reprehensible. 

An easy pick?  So you admit you're a troll looking for people to bully?  On a site for fellow Ex-Christians no less.

Just now, TrueScotsman said:

An easy pick?  So you admit you're a troll looking for people to bully?  On a site for fellow Ex-Christians no less.

Ahh..try reading the second sentence.  I made a comment about Bernie Sanders and you chose to have a hissy fit. 

2 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

Ahh..try reading the second sentence.  I made a comment about Bernie Sanders and you chose to have a hissy fit. 

I was responding to your remark, "that's all funny."  To which I responded to you that of course democracy is all a joke to you, but you don't seem to express any concern or care about anything other than yourself.  I don't find any of this funny, but I'm not a libertarian sociopath.

2 minutes ago, TrueScotsman said:

I was responding to your remark, "that's all funny."  To which I responded to you that of course democracy is all a joke to you, but you don't seem to express any concern or care about anything other than yourself.  I don't find any of this funny, but I'm not a libertarian sociopath.

Can you not tell sarcasm?  I made a sarcastically funny comment to make a point.  Are you so sensitive that you are incapable of seeing that? JESUS H. CRIIIIIIIIIIST!

1 minute ago, Burnedout said:

Can you not tell sarcasm?  I made a sarcastically funny comment to make a point.  Are you so sensitive that you are incapable of seeing that? JESUS H. CRIIIIIIIIIIST!

It helps if you're actually funny, you dont come off as sarcastic, just as an asshole.  Bernie gets stiffed by Hillary and the DNC, COMEDY.  Putin rigs an authoritarian Russian system and bars his opposition from running, what a hoot!  

It helps if you're actually funny, you dont come off as sarcastic, just as an asshole.  Bernie gets stiffed by Hillary and the DNC, COMEDY.  Putin rigs an authoritarian Russian system and bars his opposition from running, what a hoot!  

I guess I just see humor because I have seen the belly of the beast first hand.  I was involved in poltics years ago and actually had a sitting state senator fire gunshots at me.  I KNOW too well just how dirty it is.  That prick is now in federal prison.  The difference between you and me, is I didn't whine and demand everybody do for me.  I dug in, got to know some people at the state capital, got information and even set it up and to make a long story short, that fucker got bagged in a sting.  He is in federal prison.  He was sentenced to 22 years.  He was 62 when he went in.  

15 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

I guess I just see humor because I have seen the belly of the beast first hand.  I was involved in poltics years ago and actually had a sitting state senator fire gunshots at me.  I KNOW too well just how dirty it is.  That prick is now in federal prison.  The difference between you and me, is I didn't whine and demand everybody do for me.  I dug in, got to know some people at the state capital, got information and even set it up and to make a long story short, that fucker got bagged in a sting.  He is in federal prison.  He was sentenced to 22 years.  He was 62 when he went in.  

Yeah, everyone come fix me, I am helplessly providing for a whole family all on my own while getting zero help in dealing with my condition.  How about you shove your ignorant opinions about me up your tight ass.

Yeah, everyone come fix me, I am helplessly providing for a whole family all on my own while getting zero help in dealing with my condition.  How about you shove your ignorant opinions about me up your tight ass.

Now your whining.  

5 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

Now your whining.  

I'm just sick of your high and mighty bullshit, you were so amazing in doing everything yourself.  Guess what, I have had to fend for myself too, as have most others here beacuse there isn't much help out there for people with serious mental illness.  But you don't care about FEELINGS (the extent of your understanding of mental illness), if they become social casualties of society then who cares, doesn't concern self-interested persons who worship the cult of individualism.  I guess I should just go back in time and get unraped by my brother all those times so I can be as awesome as you.

3 hours ago, TrueScotsman said:

To be accurate, democracy is a joke among our ruling class and their puppet parties. Many citizens still believe we have a democratic process when clearly we don't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TrueScotsman said:

I'm just sick of your high and mighty bullshit, you were so amazing in doing everything yourself.  Guess what, I have had to fend for myself too, as have most others here beacuse there isn't much help out there for people with serious mental illness.  But you don't care about FEELINGS (the extent of your understanding of mental illness), if they become social casualties of society then who cares, doesn't concern self-interested persons who worship the cult of individualism.  I guess I should just go back in time and get unraped by my brother all those times so I can be as awesome as you.

OK, there is somebody from on here who would have far more reason to whine than you or I ever would.  Go look him up.  He is called "Onyx" on here.  He was on here some years back.  That kid, probably close to your age, was in a wheel chair, mostly deaf and mostly blind.  If anybody had a reason to whine and be angry at the world, he would.  However, he never did.  He managed to get a comic strip published in his own country, New Zealand.  If he can do with his natural talents, and over come WAY more than you or I could even imagine.  YOU and even I, could do FAR more if we put our minds to it.  For Onyx, whining was not an option.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

OK, there is somebody from on here who would have far more reason to whine than you or I ever would.  Go look him up.  He is called "Onyx" on here.  He was on here some years back.  That kid, probably close to your age, was in a wheel chair, mostly deaf and mostly blind.  If anybody had a reason to whine and be angry at the world, he would.  However, he never did.  He managed to get a comic strip published in his own country, New Zealand.  If he can do with his natural talents, and over come WAY more than you or I could even imagine.  YOU and even I, could do FAR more if we put our minds to it.  For Onyx, whining was not an option.  

You're right, I have nothing to complain about, I just live in torment every day of my life for the last couple of years.   Onyx's suffering doesn't invalidate mine, nor does mine invalidate his and different brains react and communicate differently.  I happen to be of a political persuasion which is different than yours, which you then use as a club to berate with me and equate these beliefs to "whining" as if I just need to get over my shit and pull up my bootstraps and use my natural talents to succeed or be a loser.  The brain is a real organ, and physical maladies blow, but psychological disabilities impact the ability of even a blind and deaf person to bear with life, your ignorance of that and judgement of people with mental illness who aren't able to pull their shit together on their own makes you an ignoramus in my book.  You're not a Christian anymore, you have no excuse for being ignorant about the brain and impacts of psychological disorders.

Here is some educational information for you asshole: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/index.shtml

Oh and merry fucking Christmas too...

1 hour ago, florduh said:

To be accurate, democracy is a joke among our ruling class and their puppet parties. Many citizens still believe we have a democratic process when clearly we don't.

Its a self-fulfilling prophecy to give up on democracy, my observation shows some improvement though marginal across history in the trajectory towards better democracy but that isn't necessarily determined of course.  It has to be fought for and each generation has to take responsibility to steward our fragile institutions from corruption. 

11 hours ago, Burnedout said:

Anyone that still believes the US has a fair election system is probably just too far gone to reason with. Superdelegates alone are just a joke the ruling elite plays on the electorate and still millions of people go out and vote in the primaries as if somehow it doesn't even matter that non-elected partisans are the only ones with power to choose the candidates of their choice. And then no one has a clue whether or not the voting machines are actually counting their votes in the first place. Sad to see so many well-meaning people duped, but there's just no other way to put it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This yahoo keeps blaring on and on about dead journalists, which he knows is a fact because it's been reported by the same folks who keep on shouting about Russian collusion that somehow influenced the outcome of our election. Well, now, after millions of dollars of tax payer dollars wasted and countless lives rousted, the FBI still cant substantiate even the most basic of claims. But without any investigation at all, some are absolutely sure still that Putin is some sort of despot ripping through the Russian press corp like Beria at the height of the purges.

10/1 odds, our champion for democracy doesn't believe the Clintons had Vince Foster whacked, much less the whole slew of others conspiracy theorists attribute to the Clinton death squad because of lack of evidence, yet on that same level of flimsy circumstantial evidence so weak that even W's claims of WMDs in Iraq was on firmer footing, he'd bet his baby's college fund that Putin is the last surviving member of Murder Inc. and he'll trot out a whole line of strong assertions by 'experts' to substantiate his claims; no amount of reason will hinder him and lack of supporting evidence will only embolden him and those in his camp, because like William Lane Craig, he's starting with the answers first and working backwards from there with a sense of righteous fury and hypocritical intellectual inconsistency only a true believer can pull off. 

Embattled FBI admits it can’t verify dossier claims of Russia, Trump campaign collusion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vigile said:

This yahoo keeps blaring on and on about dead journalists, which he knows is a fact because it's been reported by the same folks who keep on shouting about Russian collusion that somehow influenced the outcome of our election. Well, now, after millions of dollars of tax payer dollars wasted and countless lives rousted, the FBI still cant substantiate even the most basic of claims. But without any investigation at all, some are absolutely sure still that Putin is some sort of despot ripping through the Russian press corp like Beria at the height of the purges.

10/1 odds, our champion for democracy doesn't believe the Clintons had Vince Foster whacked, much less the whole slew of others conspiracy theorists attribute to the Clinton death squad because of lack of evidence, yet on that same level of flimsy circumstantial evidence so weak that even W's claims of WMDs in Iraq was on firmer footing, he'd bet his baby's college fund that Putin is the last surviving member of Murder Inc. and he'll trot out a whole line of strong assertions by 'experts' to substantiate his claims; no amount of reason will hinder him and lack of supporting evidence will only embolden him and those in his camp, because like William Lane Craig, he's starting with the answers first and working backwards from there with a sense of righteous fury and hypocritical intellectual inconsistency only a true believer can pull off. 

Embattled FBI admits it can’t verify dossier claims of Russia, Trump campaign collusion

Vig,

The term for those suicides has been coined.  It is known as "Arkanscide".  Arkancide is when someone who was close to the Clintons and the DNC for some strange reason ends up dead from an "Apparent Suicide" for a completely unknown reason.  What is interesting is the regular coroner is not the one who did their autopsy.  They usually bring in some other one from the outside.  There is no apparent cause of death in some of the cases, speculation, but that is all, considers that it MIGHT...hint hint, have been a syringe full of potassium or very fast insulin.  It tends to leave no residue, thus no evidence.  Quite handy for an arranged suicide. In some rare instances, say, such as Seth Rich, they end up with bullet holes in the head, but it is still classified a suicide.  I guess Mr. Rich wanted to send a message to anyone who worked at the DNC.

1 hour ago, Burnedout said:

Vig,

The term for those suicides has been coined.  It is known as "Arkanscide".  Arkancide is when someone who was close to the Clintons and the DNC for some strange reason ends up dead from an "Apparent Suicide" for a completely unknown reason.  What is interesting is the regular coroner is not the one who did their autopsy.  They usually bring in some other one from the outside.  There is no apparent cause of death in some of the cases, speculation, but that is all, considers that it MIGHT...hint hint, have been a syringe full of potassium or very fast insulin.  It tends to leave no residue, thus no evidence.  Quite handy for an arranged suicide. In some rare instances, say, such as Seth Rich, they end up with bullet holes in the head, but it is still classified a suicide.  I guess Mr. Rich wanted to send a message to anyone who worked at the DNC.

I agree there has been some fishy shit going on around the Clintons for decades. Seth Rich, yeah, fishy as hell. My point was that our young friend here rejects any notion about the Arkanscide while claiming every dead journalist in a country of 150M people must somehow be related to the bogeyman at the helm of that country when there is even less evidence, circumstantial or otherwise than that bolstering the claims about the Clintons. 

He appears to be holding the two different situations up to different standards of evidence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1