Goodbye Jesus

BAA

duderonomy

I have just found out about BAA. I am deeply saddened by his passing. He was one of those whose posts I greatly looked forward to, and I learned a lot from him. He gave of himself, freely. As Florduh said: This site is diminished...

I will remember him.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

After having been out of the loop for so long, it was a shock to come back here and find out about this. Even though I didn't know him personally, I was always fascinated by the things he posted, even though half the time I had to spend hours doing research to understand what he was talking about. I also had a lot of respect for how calm he was when arguing with religious fanatics. Other people would get worked up, but he would still be the voice of reason, even in the Lion's Den.

I fully understand what his friends and family are going through. I lost two people that I cared deeply about last year and it's still difficult sometimes. His beautifully written "good-bye" message that he left behind for his loved ones was difficult to read, because it made me think about my own experiences.

These forums will be a very different place without him but at least he gets to be a part of the universe now.

• Like 6

• 1 year later...
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:08 AM, Joshpantera said:

Thanks. 

These circumstances are bizarre, to say the least. Does anyone know Mark's last name? Can we find an obituary? 

I too am a type who wonders and ponders what happened...and finds closer easier when I know what happened......did you ever find out more? You can PM me if you did to keep it private... Thanks

2 hours ago, NeverHealed52Years said:

I too am a type who wonders and ponders what happened...and finds closer easier when I know what happened......did you ever find out more? You can PM me if you did to keep it private... Thanks

I didn't investigate. I really don't know if I want to know. We know it was a car crash and he most likely died instantly. I still feel sad whenever I think of him. Funny, I never meet Mark IRL but he made a big impact on me, and many others.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NeverHealed52Years said:

Never found out the details. 

• Thanks 1

I think the consensus was that it was better to just leave it be.

I still miss Mark. Lots of good discussions. 

• 3 months later...

This is indeed very, very sad. I first had a discussion with him on some now defunct atheist board and he went by the full expansion of his acronym. That was well over a decade ago.