Thurisaz

More facts for global warming deniers to deny *chuckles*

Paging BO... paging BO... he'll let loose with his usual nonsense anyway so I can just as well call him out right now... :fdevil:

Linky

Thank you for your support
Buy Ex-C a cup of coffee!
Costs have significantly risen and we need your support! Click the coffee cup to give a one-time donation, or choose one of the recurrent patron options.
Note: All Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Thur,

I thought you had me in ignore?  Were you lying?  Now you give me a load of propaganda?  There has been cold snaps in the US before, there has been cold snaps in Europe and in every temporate place on earth.  I, for a time, lived in a part of the US, a state in the midwest, that got cold.  I had to shovel snow at -20 degrees fahrenheit/-29 Celsius.  I am old enough to have seen it.  The only people whining are the young snowflakes and SJWs who have a limited memory of what has happened in the past.  It is getting so bad now that cold means EEEEEEEEEK, 'MUST BE GLOW BULL WARMING!', and the only reason they are saying that now is because the calamities that were predicted didn't come to be so now it is getting so bad with the bullshit that is spouted.  Pretty soon it will be, 'THE SUN RISES AND SETS,....MUST BE GLOW BULL WARMING!'.  

Oh... When you claim to put me on ignore just because you don't like what I say, there is a a word in German that describes you.... "Feingling".  

• Like 1

Fact are not facts if they do not support one's bias, Thurisaz. If someone presents evidence all you have to say is "That's not evidence!"

/sarcasm

My God. Why are people still arguing about this? I became a believer when the ice caps melted and New York City went underwater back in '15.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

My God. Why are people still arguing about this? I became a believer when the ice caps melted and New York City went underwater back in '15.

Look at the present administration's policy on this, the reason we are still arguing about this is because we have a whole sector of our population who have collectively deluded themselves.  The fact that it took you until 2015 is a testament to the power of this narrative for Libertarian leaning individuals since it demonstrates the Free Market myth to be totally bankrupt in that we have been living on borrowed time from future generations to fuel our economy.  

21 minutes ago, TrueScotsman said:

The fact that it took you until 2015

Psst.... You may want to have your sarcasm detector repaired. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TrueScotsman said:

Look at the present administration's policy on this, the reason we are still arguing about this is because we have a whole sector of our population who have collectively deluded themselves.  The fact that it took you until 2015 is a testament to the power of this narrative for Libertarian leaning individuals since it demonstrates the Free Market myth to be totally bankrupt in that we have been living on borrowed time from future generations to fuel our economy.  

Good God Bernie Sanders. Give it up. I think you might have missed the point of my post if you think I finally started believing in man made global warming in 2015. 

You'd better read what I said again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duderonomy said:

Good God Bernie Sanders. Give it up. I think you might have missed the point of my post if you think I finally started believing in man made global warming in 2015. 

You'd better read what I said again.

Dude,

I like Trump, but not 100%.  One thing I love about him, he causes snowflakes like TS to trigger so bad he pisses himself.  :)

2 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

Dude,

I like Trump, but not 100%.  One thing I love about him, he causes snowflakes like TS to trigger so bad he pisses himself.  :)

I'm only at 98% myself, and it might only be 97% if he didn't troll the "powers that be (but aren't really)" as well as he does.

Good times! 

By the way, Burnedout, how is it that NYC has been underwater since 2015, and you people in Florida at only about seven feet above the pre-global warming sea level are still dry?

Is it because the God of Global Warming moves in mysterious ways?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

I'm only at 98% myself, and it might only be 97% if he didn't troll the "powers that be (but aren't really)" as well as he does.

Good times! 

By the way, Burnedout, how is it that NYC has been underwater since 2015, and you people in Florida at only about seven feet above the pre-global warming sea level are still dry?

Dude, 

I wondered why NYC is not under water myself.  I wondered why the true believers have to make excuses about so small rises I cannot see it where I'm at when it never has risen.  

OH...btw...I am high and dry myself.  What is funny is that the people Al Gore was quoting saying the hurricanes would be more often and worse than they were, funny, they are about the same and until last year, they had been relatively quiet for some time.  There some bad years about every 10 years, but that is pretty much par for the course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weather....

Whodathunk that seasons changing might cause cold outside to change to warm?

Nahhhh, nothing that simple. We need eight pages of wall o'text in best jargoneese postable to help we de-enlightened 'tards.

I'll wait until next Spokane Floods comedown Columbia River to worry about such chitt again.

kL

20 hours ago, SkipNChurch said:

Weather....

Whodathunk that seasons changing might cause cold outside to change to warm?

Nahhhh, nothing that simple. We need eight pages of wall o'text in best jargoneese postable to help we de-enlightened 'tards.

I'll wait until next Spokane Floods comedown Columbia River to worry about such chitt again.

kL

You silly silly man! You don't understand that weather and climate aren't the same, except for when they are.  Ask any Climate Scientist, they'll tell you!

• Confused 1

On 1/6/2018 at 9:18 PM, duderonomy said:

You have to take it on faith, and an appeal to authority. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's just amazing that these days so many people will dismiss the findings of virtually 100% of scientists when the findings run counter to political or religious dogma. This mindset was formerly known as the Dark Ages.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if @Thurisaz is purely trolling since the very beginning of this thread and by using that link as evidence for climate change.

Cause it's bullshit like that and glacier melting and warm spells during arctic winter being presented as evidence in MSM that make me suspect climate change crisis is a hoax.

18 minutes ago, ToHellWithMe said:

I'm not sure if @Thurisaz is purely trolling since the very beginning of this thread and by using that link as evidence for climate change.

Cause it's bullshit like that and glacier melting and warm spells during arctic winter being presented as evidence in MSM that make me suspect climate change crisis is a hoax.

There's a huge amount of bullshit from all camps. There is also a huge amount of propaganda that is pro-climate change. It's not hard to see why considering how much money there is to be made in a crisis. But this isn't evidence that it's not real. It can actually be real and it can be simultaneously exploited and propagandized. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, florduh said:

It's just amazing that these days so many people will dismiss the findings of virtually 100% of scientists when the findings run counter to political or religious dogma. This mindset was formerly known as the Dark Ages.

So there's bad science and good science now? :)

So evolution is the good science, right?

And global warming science is the bad science....

Fake science is a thing. There's lots of "research" that supports stupid things like anti-vaccination, holistic medicine, and other poorly supported claims by cherry picking data and poorly controlled research designed to reach a particular conclusion.

I suppose that could be classified as "bad science".

This is why going by headlines and fluff articles is a terrible idea and actually looking at sources, citations, and other research into the same subject is so important when dealing with claims that "research supports" something.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ContraBardus said:

Fake science is a thing. There's lots of "research" that supports stupid things like anti-vaccination, holistic medicine, and other poorly supported claims by cherry picking data and poorly controlled research designed to reach a particular conclusion.

I suppose that could be classified as "bad science".

This is why going by headlines and fluff articles is a terrible idea and actually looking at sources, citations, and other research into the same subject is so important when dealing with claims that "research supports" something.

How about I go with Harvard? They seem to be reputable.

https://www.harvard.edu/tackling-climate-change

13 minutes ago, midniterider said:

How about I go with Harvard? They seem to be reputable.

https://www.harvard.edu/tackling-climate-change

It's a start. As an example it's a good one, but shouldn't be taken at face value just because they are Harvard.

The thing about legitimate science is that no one source is good enough, not even a source like Harvard, a claim needs to be supported and verified by multiple independent sources to be considered reputable.

For the purposes of a casual internet discussion, sure, it's a good source to cite.

Though, to be honest, I personally generally try to cite specific papers rather than a page with a general overview when I can. Or better yet, [depending on the topic] link to a page that has multiple citations linking to several papers that provide evidence of the claims that are made.

1 minute ago, ContraBardus said:

It's a start. As an example it's a good one, but shouldn't be taken at face value just because they are Harvard.

The thing about legitimate science is that no one source is good enough, not even a source like Harvard, a claim needs to be supported and verified by multiple independent sources to be considered reputable.

For the purposes of an internet discussion, sure, it's a good source to cite.

Though, to be honest I personally generally try to cite specific papers rather than a page with overview when I can, or link to a page that has multiple citations linking to papers that provide evidence of the claims that are made.

So, is global warming a thing? Or not. What say you?

Whether it is or not, I think it's important that we begin to move away from fossil fuels and into some other type of power that pollutes less. My intuition says it's a good idea. (lol)

13 minutes ago, midniterider said:

So, is global warming a thing? Or not. What say you?

Whether it is or not, I think it's important that we begin to move away from fossil fuels and into some other type of power that pollutes less. My intuition says it's a good idea. (lol)

The evidence overwhelmingly supports it. Even a lot of hardline deniers have been forced to change their tune regarding it due to the weight of the evidence, going from "it doesn't exist" to "it's real, but not caused by human activity" in the span of only a few years.

A Physicist isn't a climate sciencentist. The field involves some physics, but the old guy is outside of his field to begin with and openly admits it. He in fact opens with the fact that he's not an expert and literally researched the topic with Google.

Also, every single point in these videos has been exhaustively rebutted ad-nauseum on these forums multiple times.

You already know our answers to the points these videos bring up, so there's no point in bothering with it further.