Burnedout

A Fundy Preacher and I got into a bit of an online tussle on a social media site...Enjoy!

HEY everyone....

I got into an online tussle with a fundy preacher who has harassed a friend of mine on many occasion on a social media site.  It only took me one verse to corner him...LOL

See the exchange below (note-I removed the names and just placed the words "Him" for the preacher and "Me" to represent me):  

HIM to ME.. One of these days real soon, all Democracies will be done away with. When the Lord Jesus Christ returns to take control, ALL of the kingdoms of this world will become His (Revelation 11:15) and He shall reign over them forever and ever!!!

ME to HIM… Well (his name), we know you support tyranny in the name of God.

HIM to ME I support God's kingdom in the name of God.

ME to HIM ....Tyranny comes in many names. God is just one.

HIM to ME If one is planning on being on the wrong side of history like you clearly are, I guess it would look like tyranny.

ME.. Hmm....So, you would say a god that does as is said in Psalms 137:9 is NOT a tyrannt?

HIM to ME…. you obviously have issues with the LORD. I don't know what tragic event happened in your life that you are blaming Him for. But whatever it is, it isn't worth holding on to.

ME to HIM…, you are diverting. You will not address the issue of Psalms 137:9.

Him...That is tough stuff, granted. I don't claim to always fully understand the LORD's ways. But I do know that He always has a reason for everything He allows.

HIM... So now, what is your personal beef with God?

ME to HIM....I have no problem. I just call it as I see it. You cannot justify brute violence against children so you try to divert because you have no justifiable position. Sounds to me like a case of "DO AS I SAY BECAUSE I WILL DO BAD THINGS TO YOU"....sounds like....the MOB....  ;);)

HIM to ME, I have NEVER met a person who has claimed to be a Christian, and then turned their back on the LORD, who didn't have something happen in their life that they were blaming Him for. 

ME to Him ..... I never claimed to be one it is  you that said I was, I just look at things logically. Now are you going to try to justify the bad things of Psalms 137:9 or are you just going to divert and avoid the truth.

HIM to ME… I already answered it. I am being honest that it is a hard truth. You are unwilling to acknowledge the hard truth of your personal bitterness toward God.

ME to HIM .....so you support barbaric actions of someone who claims love? Sounds like a sick and cosmic distortion of love, almost like Orwellian double speak. Up is down, good is bad, right is left, hate is love. Yeah, real loving.

Him to ME…. You are a fool, and headed for an eternity in a devil's hell. I hope you repent before it is too late.

ME to HIM ....Funny, that sounds like something Al Capone would say to someone who doesn't pay his protection racket.

And that is where it ended.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Lol, way to go!

• Like 2

That was fun!   Thanks for sharing and good on you, BO!

• Like 1

It's sad that so many maintain that cognitive dissonance. They know what makes a tyrant, an abuser, a bigot, a hypocrite, a narcissist, yet divert their attention when their deity displays those qualities. Then they often imitate the tyrant in the name of righteous indignation or child discipline.

• Like 3

It REALLY burns my ass that these cult leaders attempt to use emotional manipulation when you attempt to inject some logic and reason into the conversation. And they do so with such conviction and authority.

Such self-righteous pricks, they are.

• Like 4

"I don't claim to always fully understand the LORD's ways. But I do know that He always has a reason for everything He allows."

Nice 'God has carte blanche' response. Why praise someone if their 'ways' are homicidal? If you worship something that does ludicrous and evil things perhaps you are being led down the wrong path.

I have NEVER met a person who has claimed to be a Christian, and then turned their back on the LORD, who didn't have something happen in their life that they were blaming Him for.

I don't really blame God for anything. I just feel the bible has some ridiculous baloney in it that is too stupid to live my life by.

Shaming phrases detected:

1. Claimed to be a Christian...

2. Turned their back on the Lord...

3. Blaming him...

Oh my, this person is a dick.

• Like 4

Irony is when the apologetic explanation is just as immoral, or more so, as the actual verse:

"though it may seem a piece of cruelty, was but a just retaliation; the Babylonians having done the same to the Jewish children, and is foretold elsewhere should be done to theirs, Isaiah 13:16. Nor is this desired from a spirit of revenge, but for the glory of divine justice, and that such a generation of cruel creatures might be rooted out of the earth"

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I admit there are some very difficult passages in the Bible, but I get the impression that Psalm 137:9 is the Psalmist simply stating that the Jews would be happy (the word "blessed" isn't in the original Hebrew) to exact revenge against their captors, the Babylonians. There's nothing here about God telling them to commit the act or blessing them when they commit the act.

I mean, the act is barbaric, but it's not commanded by God. Which I think is what the OP might have been implying (apologies if I am wrong). 

4 hours ago, SeaJay said:

I admit there are some very difficult passages in the Bible, but I get the impression that Psalm 137:9 is the Psalmist simply stating that the Jews would be happy (the word "blessed" isn't in the original Hebrew) to exact revenge against their captors, the Babylonians. There's nothing here about God telling them to commit the act or blessing them when they commit the act.

I mean, the act is barbaric, but it's not commanded by God. Which I think is what the OP might have been implying (apologies if I am wrong). 

SeaJay...

I see what you're saying, but that guy is a King James ONLY guy.  He is also a dumb ass.  

That pastor lost the argument as soon as he said you have issues and blamed it on a tragic event.

Again Christian bull shitting pretending to know thing they don't know - and we can call it bullshit because we know we don't know.

Nice one BO

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SeaJay said:

Don't forget that the Psalms are supposed to be songs of praise that are inspired by god himself. If so, then it would represent the mind of god. Thus, it may as well be commanded by him. There's really no way to justify this verse without undermining the fundamentalist doctrine of divine inspiration. 

• Like 3

"The Lord's ways" is just another version of "the Lord's will" - a phrase used in three ways:

1. To justify anything in the bible regardless of how stupid, cruel, contradictory, immoral etc...;
  2. To justify anything the person using the phrase wants to do;
  3. To justify anything the person using the phrase wants someone else to do.

The moment such terminology is used, logic is crucified and the "believer" loses the argument - unless he's talking to someone equally indoctrinated.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ellinas said:

"The Lord's ways" is just another version of "the Lord's will" - a phrase used in three ways:

1. To justify anything in the bible regardless of how stupid, cruel, contradictory, immoral etc...;
  2. To justify anything the person using the phrase wants to do;
  3. To justify anything the person using the phrase wants someone else to do.

The moment such terminology is used, logic is crucified and the "believer" loses the argument - unless he's talking to someone equally indoctrinated.

Ellinas,

I have a Christian friend who is not a dickhead like the guy I was going at, who said that people like that guy have not figured out that unless everyone can agree upon which is the source of authority, then it is fruitless.