Goodbye Jesus

Does Hell Scare You....It Does Me

Guest end3

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Totally and completely wrong.  jesus didn't come to abolish the law; but to fulfill it.  Same with the covenant.  You'd know that if you had ever been a True Christian(TM).  ^_^

I sure am glad the law is complete.  Clam chowder, fried shrimp, bacon cheeseburgers, having a hot date on a Friday night, yard work on Saturday morning, those ancient Hebrews had no idea what they were missing.  Why was God so mean to them?

• Haha 1

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

4 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

thats a damn good verse anticrash!!!! next time someone says im going to hell im gonna quote that and say "see god didnt want them to burn their children how could he burn his own in an everlasting fire?" and if they say that it changed. Then I'll have to pull out the old "I am the Lord thy God I change not." 'so it couldn't change. Jesus must have just been a poser and wasn't really Gods son b/c if he was and he knew the fathers will he wouldn't have come up with all that Hell bullshit to scare people into believing in him :-) LMAO

Exactly, Jesus must have been a big poser.

• 5 months later...

Why fear what has zero evidence of a existence. Why fear what may? It distorts the what is. 

On 1/21/2018 at 7:57 PM, end3 said:

Could be a number of things....none being my father in hell.  My son turned up sick today....high temp.  Could have been me partially dreaming as well.  No telling. 

I read a book when I was younger about a lady theoretically visiting hell.  Seemed very real to me.  Obviously it has had an affect.  But with that said, I have watched the Long Island Medium with scrutiny and can't seem to discount her talent/show.  Perhaps there is something I am missing. 

I guess if there is a hell, I certainly wouldn't want anyone there.  Not a good thing from the "accounts".

Thanks for listening.

End,  for what it's worth to you, Miss Cleo told me not to pay any attention to the Long Island Medium TV show. Just sayin'.

Also, your son just came from a visitation, yeah? Weird things go through a kids brain when he sleeps. Trust me, I know because I was one. Not to mention what may have been going on in your head under the circumstances and since you watch shows about dead people communicating with the living.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, and I hope your son gets past his fever.

• Like 1

Assuming hell exists for a moment how could anyone rightly be sent there without a proper judgement?  That's what judgement day is for is it not?  To send people to the proper place?  So people going to heaven or hell, being taking out of said places then being judged, then being resent to heaven or hell where they already were is just plain stupid.  It has to be one of the dumbest beliefs in the whole religion and there are a lot of dumb beliefs.

Not only that but here we have the idea that someone trapped in some sort of "evil" prison can send messages?  That's just getting even more silly.  It doesn't matter how.  That the kid penetrated hell somehow.  Or the dad managed to possess the kid.  Or someone sent some sort of mental dream message or who knows what.  Hell is a one way ticket if you're a human.  Not so much if you're an actual demon, which supposedly did far worse than any human has been known to do (ie. a literal rebellion in heaven as opposed to just not believing a story or something like that), but humans sit and rot all incommunicado while demons come and go as they please causing mayhem and whatnot.

Anyhow, to answer the topic question.  No, hell does not scare me.  It's not real.  I have no fear of not real things.  I don't fear the evil people, places and things I encounter in movies, books or other works of fiction.  If I did I'd be paralyzed with fear and hell would probably still not be at the top of my list.  Strangely enough people tend to fear fictional things far more than non-fictional things that really are more dangerous.  I find that curious.

mwc

• Like 2

On 1/21/2018 at 12:41 PM, end3 said:

So now this morning I keep having feelings that this was my father in hell trying to convey a message.  I've also had feelings after my grandmother died that she returned in my dreams to let me know things were ok.

Certainly I can rationalize this away, but it just feels like it would be a deliberate rationalization.  Idk.

End, I've had odd dreams about dead ancestors too. Couple things, though. Coming back from hell and taking possession of another body to ask for help out of hell, is not even biblical in any way from what I understand. So if true, this would seem to contradict the bible more than support it. Purgatory is a catholic creation for monetary purposes, so unless you assume it's literally true as per catholic theology then that's un-biblical as well. 

I had the most bizarre dream one weekend. I was in an old station wagon in the back with my cousins. My grandmother was driving and she was ranting something undecipherable at a steady rate. My grandfather turned and looked back at me and just gave us a look like as to suggest that our grandmother was going off on a tirade, and just let her go. The next morning my dad called and said that she had stopped eating a while back at the assisted living facility and was going through the final stages of her dementia. She wasn't dead when I had this dream, but she was in and out of consciousness and dying. She passed away that weekend. It was as if my grandfather, who is long deceased, had come to take her into the afterlife. I've had a lot of vivid dreams about my deceased grandfather over the years, periodically. I'll be at his house and he'll come walking out and then I will often end up getting confrontational and telling him, "you've been dead for over decade, you're not supposed to be here." And he will usually nod his head and agree and walk off. Really spooky shit. Especially concerning my grandmother's last weekend. 

Here's the thing, every bit of this is in my own mind. It's very similar to native american and shamanistic issues surrounding visits from ancestors in dream,  more so than anything to do with the bible and / or christianity. They were Adventist's. Adventist's believe that when you die you stay unconscious in your grave until the 2nd coming and resurrection of the dead. So this is all completely contrary to their own belief system. If it were anything more than my own subconscious imagining these things, it would disprove their faith, not support it. 

So anyways, I get where you're coming from about loosing your dad and all. That sort of thing can be pretty freaking spooky and surreal. But I think you'd be best to try and stick to an objective view and also reason out how unbiblical this all actually is, if true. But I don't think either of our experiences are anything other than a very active subconscious mind, to be honest.