Goodbye Jesus

Zen Sickness

quinntar

2 hours ago, end3 said:

Yes, thanks.

I want to ask you a side question end3.

Why do you hold fast to your faith in something that never proves itself. Don't you think that this god owes you and us that much, that all this invisible sneakiness does no one any good.

Honestly I feel like balling my eye's out, for you, me and everyone who is and was ever trapped by this belief system.

9 hours ago, theanticrash said:

I want to ask you a side question end3.

Why do you hold fast to your faith in something that never proves itself. Don't you think that this god owes you and us that much, that all this invisible sneakiness does no one any good.

Honestly I feel like balling my eye's out, for you, me and everyone who is and was ever trapped by this belief system.

A couple of reasons.  One, the story itself portrays God proving and being with the people AS proof to them....and they continually rejected him....so the people had "proof" at one point that they rejected.  Secondly, science today doesn't have a way to yet test or adequately define many of the things we are discussing.

1 hour ago, end3 said:

A couple of reasons.  One, the story itself portrays God proving and being with the people AS proof to them....and they continually rejected him....so the people had "proof" at one point that they rejected.  Secondly, science today doesn't have a way to yet test or adequately define many of the things we are discussing.

Romans 12:15 15

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.

I've yet to come across a Christian who can do the above.

22 minutes ago, theanticrash said:

Romans 12:15 15

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.

I've yet to come across a Christian who can do the above.

My thoughts are, that humanity is so capable of evil that a deterrent such as hell is necessary for people to be scared enough to do the right thing.  From your statement, it sounds like there are those of us that need help or be threatened to do the right thing and then there are some that don't......those able to mourn.  Personally, I hope there is no such thing as hell.  I'm not a fan of anyone going there...

2 minutes ago, end3 said:

My thoughts are, that humanity is so capable of evil that a deterrent such as hell is necessary for people to be scared enough to do the right thing.  From your statement, it sounds like there are those of us that need help or be threatened to do the right thing and then there are some that don't......those able to mourn.  Personally, I hope there is no such thing as hell.  I'm not a fan of anyone going there...

Yes, I dread the thought of baking pies with Satan.

7 minutes ago, theanticrash said:

Yes, I dread the thought of baking pies with Satan.

Christians can't give upvotes...but that was funny. 

11 minutes ago, end3 said:

Christians can't give upvotes...but that was funny. 

When your at the Lord's table, just don't ask where the pie's come from.

7 hours ago, end3 said:

I think that if you ever lose your faith you will discover that you are still a moral person who tries to do the right thing.  Keep me posted just in case it ever turns out that way.