Goodbye Jesus

The Victory Perspective - E.J. Kellett

LizR

I am posting some comments/review about a book that has recently come out called 'The Victory Perspective'. I was a beta reader for this book, and have just finished reading it again since it was released. It really spoke to me and I think other ex-Christians would enjoy it.

Without giving too much away, it is a kind of fantasy novel that starts in a paradise with a group of men (I guess they aren't really men, but I can't think of a better word). One of them develops powers and takes over the group. The names in the story (Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, Lucifer and Alpha) are immediately recognizable for most! And it does not take long to realize, even without reading the blurb, that this book is going to be biblical. Re-tellings of biblical stories may not be new, but as the story in The Victory Perspective unfolds, the theme of 'perspective' becomes really powerful, where you see Lucifer as the one sticking up for everyone and everything, and the 'God' character showing that he is a violent, blood thirsty psychopath with lots of issues with a decently ominous plan for humankind. It challenges a lot about Christianity and society. I could say a lot more, but I don't want to spoil it. It is a brutal story with a lot of violence and dark themes. Some others in the beta group found that too confronting, but to me, that was a major part of the point of the story. Life was/is brutal. If you want a more in depth review that gives a bit more away, Literary Titan have listed one on their website.

One of the things I really liked about this story was technically knowing what was going to happen, because I know the bible stories. But never knowing where the author was going to take it was really engaging.

This book is made for ex-Christians. People who know about the bible and associated stories, but who will understand the point to it without being offended. It really isn't made for devout people, they would DEFINITELY be offended! If people get into reading it, I would also love to start a discussion forum, there is so much to discuss!

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.