Goodbye Jesus

True & False

quinntar

On 20/02/2018 at 9:13 AM, ironhorse said:

Why are you trying to make this God palatable, can't you see that the verse Hosea 13:16 contradicts New Testament theology.

I’m not trying to make God palatable. I was just stating what is in the text and the theme of Hosea. It does not contradict what the scriptures teach on love.

OT and NT reveal the message of one God.

The message is love, but the message is also about the judgement and penalty of sin. 

The NT has around 125 verses warning of judgement and wrath.

Here’s one:

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

~ (Matthew 7:13 (NIV)

ironhorse, can you love someone and destroy them at the same time? Could you love your wife, your children, and beat them at the same time?

4 hours ago, theanticrash said:

ironhorse, can you love someone and destroy them at the same time? Could you love your wife, your children, and beat them at the same time?

"I loved em, that's why I had to send them to hell." :)

4 hours ago, midniterider said:

Those two thing's cancel each other out.

Pleasure and pain are two opposites.

5 hours ago, midniterider said:

While we are on the topic of God's love I have something else to say.  If we were created by an all-powerful, all-knowing designer who carefully and intentionally:

-gave us bad breath

-made our persperation stink

-built a sewage factory inside each of our bodies

Then that creator hates us.  That is something you do to people you hate.  You don't curse people you love.  And why the hell do I have to spend a full third of my life unconscious?  Perfect design this is not!

10 minutes ago, mymistake said:

While we are on the topic of God's love I have something else to say.  If we were created by an all-powerful, all-knowing designer who carefully and intentionally:

-gave us bad breath

Then that creator hates us.  That is something you do to people you hate.  You don't curse people you love.  And why the hell do I have to spend a full third of my life unconscious?  Perfect design this is not!

Let me add to this. 

Why would God make thing's so easy to screw with. Like how it's possible to build an atomic bomb, why would he design the universe for that to be possible?

10 minutes ago, mymistake said:

-gave us bad breath

Let me add to this. 

Why would God make thing's so easy to screw with. Like how it's possible to build an atomic bomb, why would he design the universe for that to be possible?

I have this wacky theory that there is no God, there's just us. That maybe we invented the universe in another form, then we entered into the universe (Kinda like the matrix) Maybe there was a power struggle going on, and most of us are trapped in this system.

It's the Hindu illusion.

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, mymistake said:

-gave us bad breath

Not to mention putting our pleasure center right next door to the sewage factory, which has sometimes put an extreme damper on oral pleasure, in my experience.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, theanticrash said:

Those two thing's cancel each other out.

Pleasure and pain are two opposites.

I take it you're not much into S&M.

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, LogicalFallacy said:
On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, ironhorse said:

The Bible contains words spoken by various people, some good, some bad. What is written in the Bible is inspired of God, it is there because God wants it there. Not everything that people spoke was in agreement with God. The scriptures are inspired, but not every word or sentence is a direct quote of God’s.

It does contain direct quotes ("Thus says the Lord...", "And God said...", etc.). God also spoke at times through the prophets.

Jesus is called the Word.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

~ John 1:14 (NIV)

@ironhorse

Bump for your attention. You claim the bible is inspired. The following is in the bible. Do you find it inspired?

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, LogicalFallacy said:

So all the rules on slavery and rape are inspired?

The description of a flat earth surrounded by a solid dome with water above and below it is inspired?

When Moses commands the Hebrews to slaughter man, women and child, its inspired?

When Paul says Women shall not speak in church or hold authority over man, its inspired?

When Jesus refers to Adam and Eve and talking snakes as real, it's inspired?

@ironhorse Please don't make me play bump the post to catch IH attention again. You never did finish off our conversation last time.

So all the rules on slavery and rape are inspired?

The description of a flat earth surrounded by a solid dome with water above and below it is inspired?

When Moses commands the Hebrews to slaughter man, women and child, its inspired?

When Paul says Women shall not speak in church or hold authority over man, its inspired?

When Jesus refers to Adam and Eve and talking snakes as real, it's inspired?

5 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I take it you're not much into S&M.

I don't know never tried it, but the pain of hell that the bible describes is unthinkable.

3 hours ago, theanticrash said:

I have this wacky theory that there is no God, there's just us.

Some of this is certainly an observation (i.e., "there's just us").  The remainder is not so much a theory, at least not a scientific theory.  Nor is it wacky.  I appears to be a muse.

That maybe we invented the universe in another form, then we entered into the universe (Kinda like the matrix)

I don't understand the concept of "invent[ing] the universe in another form".  I suspect you don't understand that either.

As to "entering" this (invented) invented universe, I don't understand what you propose.  I suspect you also don't understand what you propose.

Maybe there was a power struggle going on, and most of us are trapped in this system.

Perhaps yes.  Perhaps no.  Do you have any relevant evidence which could help us to rationally consider your "maybe"?

It's the Hindu illusion.

Is this your understanding of the Hindu philosophy/religion?

2 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Some of this is certainly an observation (i.e., "there's just us").  The remainder is not so much a theory, at least not a scientific theory.  Nor is it wacky.  I appears to be a muse.

I don't understand the concept of "invent[ing] the universe in another form".  I suspect you don't understand that either.

As to "entering" this (invented) invented universe, I don't understand what you propose.  I suspect you also don't understand what you propose.

Perhaps yes.  Perhaps no.  Do you have any relevant evidence which could help us to rationally consider your "maybe"?

Is this your understanding of the Hindu philosophy/religion?

No not really, it's just stuff I  just dream up when I'm alone.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, ironhorse said:

All the Bible, every word, was written by people inspired by God. This does not mean that every individual word or sentence is God speaking, but they are words and sentences that are “God-breathed.”

This means that God was superintending (managing) the writers so that, allowing them to use using their own individual personalities (and even their own writing styles), they composed and recorded without error His revelations and messages to us.

God’s management and inspiration through his Spirit insured what they wrote was precisely what God wanted written.

So, to answer your question: Yes, all the Bible is the word of God. They are the words he wanted used and allowed to be used. 

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

~ John 1:14 (NIV)

Do you interpret some of Paul's instructions in 1 Corinthians 7 regarding unbelieving spouses and unmarried virgins as God-breathed?  Paul states that he gives his own opinions/instructions, that they are from him and not from Jesus.  Why would Paul feel the need to state this if everything he was writing in his letter was the word of God?

12 To the rest I say—I and not the Lord—...

25 Now concerning virgins, I have no command of the Lord, but I give my opinion as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy...

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, readyforchange said:

Do you interpret some of Paul's instructions in 1 Corinthians 7 regarding unbelieving spouses and unmarried virgins as God-breathed?  Paul states that he gives his own opinions/instructions, that they are from him and not from Jesus.  Why would Paul feel the need to state this if everything he was writing in his letter was the word of God?

12 To the rest I say—I and not the Lord—...

25 Now concerning virgins, I have no command of the Lord, but I give my opinion as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy...

Yes I do. The verse you quoted shows that God allowed Paul to express his personal  opinion. Not every verse in the scriptures is a direct quote from God. 

This is what I have been saying.  It is all God-breathed. What is in the 66 books of the Bible is what God wanted in the scriptures.

I have to hand it to you Ironhorse.  Your interpretation may lack consistency but at least this way you get to distance yourself from the evil found in the Bible or in Christianity.  I would prefer that you be moral rather than consistent so good for you.

• Like 1