Goodbye Jesus

Money Buying Free Will

I've been watching some preachers on TV and some say that if you plant a "miracle seed" (whatever exactly that is) that God can help the petitioner's friends and/or relatives get saved.  Isn't this violating free will?  We hear that God doesn't want robot worshipers, but this seems to fly below the radar.  More hypocrisy?  Contradiction in doctrine?  Thoughts?

Yeah, it's trying to interfere with free will. Also, it's just like the indulgences of the Catholic church from the Middle Ages. Selling salvation. The "miracle seed" is an amount of money. It's another money-making scheme.

• Like 2

Free will is not found in the Bible and you won't find it in the real world either.  It was invented by priests and apologists to explain away why God acts like a monster in so many Bible stories.

However TV preachers will say anything to get you to send them money.  Send me $50 and I will send you a prayer cloth that I have personally asked God to bless.

• Like 2

Similarly, praying for god to do something is in effect attempting to influence the will of god. So much for god being omniscient and having a perfect will!

• Like 2

Fools will be parted from their money.  Nothing new to see here.

• Like 2