Goodbye Jesus

In your honest opinion

quinntar

19 hours ago, ironhorse said:

First, a little more about those "unlearned and ignorant" 1st century Jewish fishermen:

On the other hand, the Bible expected the common people to be able to read and write.

So the bible is wrong either way. They tried to claim they were ignorant and unlearned when in fact they could read and write?

So is the author of Acts out right lying when it said Peter and John were ignorant and unlearned?

And IH you should know that quoting verses from the bible to prove your point about the bible is circular reasoning.

Also a Christian apologetic's website may not be the best source of unbiased information. There is an inherent bias in Christian Apologetic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

So the bible is wrong either way. They tried to claim they were ignorant and unlearned when in fact they could read and write?

So is the author of Acts out right lying when it said Peter and John were ignorant and unlearned?

And IH you should know that quoting verses from the bible to prove your point about the bible is circular reasoning.

Also a Christian apologetic's website may not be the best source of unbiased information. There is an inherent bias in Christian Apologetic.

Context, context, context my friend.

Acts 4 (KJV)

4 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,

(Peter’s message)

13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

14 And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.

1 hour ago, ironhorse said:

The only context you need to know is that the whole thing is made up.  There is no salvation.  There are no angels, no devils.  There is no hell, no heaven. 

2 hours ago, ironhorse said:

Acts 4 (KJV)

4 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,

(Peter’s message)

13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

14 And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.

That's some context.

The context in Acts is "agrammatos" (sp?) and I believe that means someone who doesn't haven't an education.  They may well be illiterate.  It also has the context of "idiotes" (again sp?) which means someone who is unlearned.  So they didn't have an education in the things they were talking about.  They were plebeian.  So that kind of explains the translation of "ignorant" (agrammatos or uneducated/illiterate) and "ignorant" (idiotes or weren't educated in something...Paul uses this in relation to speaking in tongues).  That would be why the Sadducees could see these things, hear their message, and also be amazed/astonished by them.  Otherwise there would be no point to the story.  If the Sadducees heard highly educated people deliver a message expected of someone of that stature there's no surprise there.

So the bible does say they weren't formally educated.  That's why what they said made the Sadducees take notice.  What they said should have come from folks with proper educations but here were these two lowly guys saying these amazing things instead.  How could that be?  The whole thing fails to work if our heroes are properly educated and the underlying language is entirely incorrect as well.

mwc

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2018 at 11:05 AM, theanticrash said:

Christians, in your honest opinion, why do you think we left Christianity. 

Because God left the church and instead of rightfully guiding hearts, He tempted them the wrong way made society slowly decay over the course of a decade.

44 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Because God left the church and instead of rightfully guiding hearts, He tempted them the wrong way made society slowly decay over the course of a decade.

I didn't think that the Christian God tempted anyone.

Just now, theanticrash said:

I didn't think that the Christian God tempted anyone.

I think the Christians pissed off the One God Who is unchanging, and He said "screw this new covenant, we goin' old school" then smited the US for sure.

6 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I think the Christians pissed off the One God Who is unchanging, and He said "screw this new covenant, we goin' old school" then smited the US for sure.

Actually the Christian God abandoned the whole world and made a new covenant with me, he said and I quote

"Jesus failed me, but through you I will bring forth my people"

• Haha 1

Wow, that's impressive, I'd like to attend your church.

12 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Wow, that's impressive, I'd like to attend your church.

You are in church now, it's called mother earth.

Jesus did say God is a Spirit

4 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Jesus did say God is a Spirit

Yep.

3 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

That's some god you got there. And I was told my whole life it's the devil that tempts. Lol.

4 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

So the fact we are ex Christians is God's fault? Is that what you are saying? Trying to follow your line of reasoning here.

Oh and welcome to ex c.

34 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

So the fact we are ex Christians is God's fault? Is that what you are saying? Trying to follow your line of reasoning here.

Oh and welcome to ex c.

Thank you, it's been quite the welcoming party. Rather fun I must say. I always enjoy a challenge, and I would say it's all a mix. I also don't see how Satan has access to your heart, but I believe that concept comes from your desire chakra(heart), and it leads you astray to seek selfish indulgences. God has tested the hearts of all to see what they do. Who will blindly follow what once worked? Who will seek truth elsewhere? Who will fight it until someone comes along who still cares about the haters just because God wants them to?  

Now what it's about to me is who will want to recreate something new, but it all starts with individuals seeking out God on their own and building their own relationships with Him. Maybe we cross paths in the future, maybe we don't, but my message is being spread, because as far as I see it, I'm the only one who's making any sense when it comes to religion.

3 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Thank you, it's been quite the welcoming party. Rather fun I must say. I always enjoy a challenge, and I would say it's all a mix. I also don't see how Satan has access to your heart, but I believe that concept comes from your desire chakra(heart), and it leads you astray to seek selfish indulgences. God has tested the hearts of all to see what they do. Who will blindly follow what once worked? Who will seek truth elsewhere? Who will fight it until someone comes along who still cares about the haters just because God wants them to?  

Now what it's about to me is who will want to recreate something new, but it all starts with individuals seeking out God on their own and building their own relationships with Him. Maybe we cross paths in the future, maybe we don't, but my message is being spread, because as far as I see it, I'm the only one who's making any sense when it comes to religion.

Most believer's think their beliefs make sense to them, what I said before about God making a covenant with me & Jesus being false was my own beliefs. I believed that no one else had it right (It's how the Mormons were created) But it's all bullshit, it took 3 psychotic episodes to realize that.

10 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Maybe we cross paths in the future, maybe we don't, but my message is being spread, because as far as I see it, I'm the only one who's making any sense when it comes to religion.

Well I sure am glad God finally sent somebody who makes sense.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, theanticrash said:

Most believer's think their beliefs make sense to them, what I said before about God making a covenant with me & Jesus being false was my own beliefs. I believed that no one else had it right (It's how the Mormons were created) But it's all bullshit, it took 3 psychotic episodes to realize that.

Well it's on you, you'll probably have another one of those soon if you don't seek Him out. He's not always so nice especially to people who try to run from Him. 

2 minutes ago, mymistake said:

Well I sure am glad God finally sent somebody who makes sense.  

Low key, I kinda do feel like He sent me, because people just got the most bizarre smites around me. Like He definitely has my back, and everyone around me knows it's bad juju to mess with me.

2 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Well it's on you, you'll probably have another one of those soon if you don't seek Him out. He's not always so nice especially to people who try to run from Him. 

Actually being a believer was so much stress on my mind it flipped my brain out. If I want to stay mentally well I'll keep far away from religious beliefs.

• 3 months later...

Usually the response I get from xtians is that I left xtianity because I didnt want to give up my “sins”, or I that im just evil and will rot in hell. Yadda yadda.