Goodbye Jesus

Scared of acid attacks

Anushka

I like this guy but he lives 3 hours away.. I was hoping if I do get a job next year somewhere near to him, I could ask him out on a date. 

Problem is I have this fear of someone throwing acid on my face - this fear started 1 or 2 months ago as acid attacks are very common in the place I live.

I read today about this girl whose ex-bf threw acid on her face for dumping him.

I get scared that what if the guy I like is secretly a psycho? I mean his fb profile and linkedin looks fine- high achiever, has a great job, (probably) close to his family and sisters from the photos he posted on fb. But, what if we date and it doesn't work out and he uses acid on me in anger? I hardly know this guy, but all these thoughts fill my head. 

I did ask him out once, but he said he is rarely in my place as he works 3 hours away, so that is a no! 

P.S. I am not stalking him, it is just that there are a lot of jobs where he works and also in nearby places. So, there is a chance we might see each other again.

Even if I never date this guy, and date someone else- what if I happen to pick a psychopath (who might turn to acid)? 

I am also scared someone would randomly throw acid on my face. This has happened to other girls. Help! I wish I was never born in such an evil world.

:(

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
7 minutes ago, Anushka said:

I like this guy but he lives 3 hours away.. I was hoping if I do get a job next year somewhere near to him, I could ask him out on a date. 

Problem is I have this fear of someone throwing acid on my face - this fear started 1 or 2 months ago as acid attacks are very common in the place I live.

I read today about this girl whose ex-bf threw acid on her face for dumping him.

I get scared that what if the guy I like is secretly a psycho? I mean his fb profile and linkedin looks fine- high achiever, has a great job, (probably) close to his family and sisters from the photos he posted on fb. But, what if we date and it doesn't work out and he uses acid on me in anger? I hardly know this guy, but all these thoughts fill my head. 

I did ask him out once, but he said he is rarely in my place as he works 3 hours away, so that is a no! 

P.S. I am not stalking him, it is just that there are a lot of jobs where he works and also in nearby places. So, there is a chance we might see each other again.

Even if I never date this guy, and date someone else- what if I happen to pick a psychopath (who might turn to acid)? 

I am also scared someone would randomly throw acid on my face. This has happened to other girls. Help! I wish I was never born in such an evil world.

Wow, I didn't believe you at first so I googled and you are right.  It is a huge problem.  I had no idea.  That is horrible.  I'm so sorry you are facing this.

For advise I think you should approach dating slowly.  Get to know people well before you go out with them.  Ideally you should look for a partner who has an ex-girlfriend who was never harmed.  Domestic abuse can take many forms but if a guy can date several girls and then part ways with them on good terms without harm then he probably isn't an abuser.  It won't be easy to find out because people usually don't want to talk about their exs.  This is going to be tough.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mymistake said:

Wow, I didn't believe you at first so I googled and you are right.  It is a huge problem.  I had no idea.  That is horrible.  I'm so sorry you are facing this.

For advise I think you should approach dating slowly.  Get to know people well before you go out with them.  Ideally you should look for a partner who has an ex-girlfriend who was never harmed.  Domestic abuse can take many forms but if a guy can date several girls and then part ways with them on good terms without harm then he probably isn't an abuser.  It won't be easy to find out because people usually don't want to talk about their exs.  This is going to be tough.

Thanks- that is something I never thought about. Thank youuu.... Yours is a clever solution! Xxxxx

49 minutes ago, Anushka said:

Why would they throw acid on your face, in fact why are people throwing acid on anyone's face.