Goodbye Jesus

Is there anyone there? Oh! Hello!

CosmicRainbowUnicorn

Welcome aboard.

Your therapist is upset with you? The fact that you know that means you have an unqualified therapist!

On 3/8/2018 at 5:25 PM, Lerk said:

Welcome aboard.

Your therapist is upset with you? The fact that you know that means you have an unqualified therapist!

She's a therapist from a Christian Therapy group, so there's that. And I had been a Christian when I first met her; my leaving the religion happened months after I first began seeing her. But the good thing is that, after talking to her about it very recently, we have decided that religion will no longer be a part of our appointments. =)

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 1:18 PM, CosmicRainbowUnicorn said:

She's pretty professional, but I can't really talk about religion with her. She supports me in finding my own way, but only because she thinks it's going to bring me back into Christianity. The good thing is that she doesn't bring it up unless I initiate talking about religion. I don't think she realizes that I can see the disapproval in her eyes when I bring up feeling more confident in a pagan perspective of the Divine.

Do you feel you are getting your (insurance company's) moneys worth with this therapist? If so, then carry on.

If not, you'll figure out something better as time goes on. You are in charge of your therapy. Take the bits that are helpful and reject the bits that aren't.

Do you still live in a suffocating Christian environment? If so, can you find a way to leave that environment? Move out? Move away? Start a new life elsewhere?

Enjoy your pagan practice/study/interests. Follow your own path. :)

On 3/12/2018 at 9:44 AM, CosmicRainbowUnicorn said:

She's a therapist from a Christian Therapy group, so there's that. And I had been a Christian when I first met her; my leaving the religion happened months after I first began seeing her. But the good thing is that, after talking to her about it very recently, we have decided that religion will no longer be a part of our appointments. =)

Oh, well that's good!