Goodbye Jesus

Hatred of particular Christians

SerenelyBlue

I hate Christianity.  I hate iron horse and end.  They spend so much time here and they do not learn.  They persist in being stupid.

• Like 1

Hate isn't very productive.  Maybe you should focus on something else?   Most of us use to be Christian so maybe keep some perspective?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They deliberately choose to say they believe even when shown that they are foolish.  They are frauds.

They like the attention they get here.  They are parasites.

SB I know you have been going through a tough time right now.  Maybe talk to your Dr. about your dosage?  These feelings will pass.  

• Thanks 1

Take it from my personal experience.  Embracing hate towards Christians or other groups who share a differing view will backfire and poison your mind.  Unless they are attacking you personally or everything you hold dear, it is best to refrain from such emotions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ex-C is for everyone who wants to come here, and will abide by site rules. If you have a problem, try talking to the person directly with the intent of peacefully resolving the issue, or ask a mod to intervene. Otherwise, I'd suggest picking your battles.

Everyone has a different experience, and some take longer to reach their destination: often years, or even decades. All of us here were Christian at one point. It helps to extend the patience to others that we likely received from non-Christians in our own religious stage, even if we didn't know it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Your hate would only validate them. They starve for validation, and that's why they're here. If they're deprived long enough of validation (both positive and negative), they might realize they're flailing in the dark and have nothing to prove. Or you can watch them play baseball with well-versed atheistic debaters. It's not our job to fix them, either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IH and End are alright. You've gotta be able to disagree with someone and still recognise that they are a decent person. Otherwise you'll find yourself very isolated very fast.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I remember a colleague of mine once saying to someone, "While we disagree, I hope we can still be friends." 

I've often reminded myself of that.

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, SerenelyBlue said:

I hate Christianity.  I hate iron horse and end.  They spend so much time here and they do not learn.  They persist in being stupid.

Didn't mean to precipitate hate SB.  I think it would help if I understood your perspective better.......what I am not "learning'.  Thanks.  My name's Ed btw.

30 minutes ago, end3 said:

Didn't mean to precipitate hate SB.  I think it would help if I understood your perspective better.......what I am not "learning'.  Thanks.  My name's Ed btw.

What's funny is that I was thinking about something like this yesterday, not in a hateful way though. I was thinking about the resident believers like yourself who have chosen to stick around for so long, and who seem to enjoy posting here and being part of the community. You guys and gals have had some really frank threads over the years where you've been backed down by Mark and some others to the point of not being able to answer their questions - being asked over and over to respond, but to no avail. And yet these predicaments are quietly rolled off and you all seem to move on to something else and keep posting and enjoying the site, nonetheless. 

What I was thinking about in particular is that you, Ed, for one, probably belong on our side of the fence by now. You've been faced with a lot of information and evidence over the years that shows the folly in believing in christianity as true, at least in a literal sense. You've been shown this right down to the most hair splitting details, in fact. And perhaps that's why Serenly Blue is so frustrated, perhaps, with the goings on in the Lion's Den. He's probably expecting to see some acknowledgement of these facts. 

I'd actually like to extend a hand of welcome and ask that you consider crossing over to ex christianity, Ed. 

What say you? Is this something on the table? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joshpantera said:

What's funny is that I was thinking about something like this yesterday, not in a hateful way though. I was thinking about the resident believers like yourself you have chosen to stick around for so long, who seem to enjoy posting here and being part of the community. You guys and gals have had some really frank threads over the years where you've been backed down by Mark of someone else to the point of not being able to answer their questions. And yet these predicaments are rolled off and you all move on to something else and keep posting and enjoying the site, nonetheless. 

What I was thinking about in particular is the you, Ed, for one, probably belong on our side of the fence. You've been faced with a lot of information and evidence over the years that shows the folly in believing in christianity. Right down to the most hair splitting details, in fact. And perhaps that's why Serenly Blue is so frustrated, perhaps, with the goings on in the Lion's Den. 

I'd actually like to extend a hand of welcome and ask that you consider crossing over to ex christianity, Ed. 

What say you? 

I see many of the points made J.  It's not that.  I guess the main thing for me is the anecdotal evidence I see in science vs. Christianity.  And then many of these points can't be measured now or maybe even ever.  I appreciate the invitation but doubt I'll change my basal feelings. 

I do however, enjoy that this is a place where people can have these conversations truthfully and honestly without being castigated. 

Sometimes I come here in a good mood just to bs.  Sometimes I come here angry.  I guess that's the sign of a good relationship.

2 minutes ago, end3 said:

I see many of the points made J.  It's not that.  I guess the main thing for me is the anecdotal evidence I see in science vs. Christianity.  And then many of these points can't be measured now or maybe even ever.  I appreciate the invitation but doubt I'll change my basal feelings. 

That's what I'm saying, you seem like a reasonable guy. There have been many points made and you get that. 

Let's talk some more about the issue of science verse christianity. I understand the limitations of science quite well. Some of it rests on frail foundations, in fact. Despite knowing this, I still understand the untenable issues with christianity, which, don't become tenable just because science is largely founded on a lot of unknowns at the bottom of it all. 

9 minutes ago, end3 said:

I do however, enjoy that this is a place where people can have these conversations truthfully and honestly without being castigated. 

Sometimes I come here in a good mood just to bs.  Sometimes I come here angry.  I guess that's the sign of a good relationship.

A freethinking environment is refreshing compared to the alternative. I guess that was a problem when I was in my church. I was naturally inclined to freethinking and could see through a lot of the problems and conflicts with church doctrine. 

On 03/03/2018 at 1:23 AM, SerenelyBlue said:

I hate it too, let's all hate Christianity together. 

• Super Moderator

Reel it in, SB.

On 03/03/2018 at 1:38 AM, SerenelyBlue said:

They deliberately choose to say they believe even when shown that they are foolish.  They are frauds.

Yeah I know it says that in their Bible.

1 Corinthians 4:10

10We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored!

See.

On 03/03/2018 at 2:02 AM, SerenelyBlue said:

They like the attention they get here.  They are parasites.

They're probably not even interested in winning us back to Christ, those wacky Christian's.

1 hour ago, end3 said:

Are you the Ed from Worthy Christian forums, Ed J?

1 minute ago, theanticrash said:

Are you the Ed from Worthy Christian forums, Ed J?

No, I don't belong to any Christian forums

47 minutes ago, end3 said:

Where's that Joy in adversity end3? 

Just now, end3 said:

No, I don't belong to any Christian forums

Oh OK, is there any reason why you don't go to Christian forums?

Just now, theanticrash said:

Where's that Joy in adversity end3? 

Lol, did you not attend church today and leave with a warm fuzzy.  You seem a bit peeved today.

Just now, theanticrash said:

Oh OK, is there any reason why you don't go to Christian forums?

Fundamentalism, arrogance, etc.

Just now, end3 said:

Lol, did you not attend church today and leave with a warm fuzzy.  You seem a bit peeved today.

I'm teasing you, cozz I like you.

Hey, about being peeved, I'm actually very peaceful today.