Goodbye Jesus

I expect as much

quinntar

A lot of Christians today love to point out that God is working in the lives of people, but it's a process.

Yes, you can be healed but it will take some time. Like God needs anytime at all to heal someone of anything.

There are many Bible verses that point out that Gods healing was instantaneous, and the subjects were healed whole.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

To continue to believe in magic one must somehow shoehorn inescapable reality into the belief. God answers prayer, but sometimes the answer is "no." God works in mysterious ways. Your political leaders are put there by God Himself, unless that leader happens to be a Democrat. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, theanticrash said:

A lot of Christians today love to point out that God is working in the lives of people, but it's a process.

Yes, you can be healed but it will take some time. Like God needs anytime at all to heal someone of anything.

There are many Bible verses that point out that Gods healing was instantaneous, and the subjects were healed whole.

Christians make a variety of bald claims, typically laced with apologetics.  Deconstructing them usually reveals the claims' and apologetics' flaws.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, theanticrash said:

Well, there was that one time that Jesus made the guy confuse people with trees...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The gymnastics that TrueBelievers™ will subject themselves to, both theologically and intellectually, is staggering.

Real life doesn't have and doesn't need closed-ended answers for everything.

I know a family that has given their entire adult lives so far to serving in various churches and supporting them financially.

They have been prayerful and sincere and decent and honest and humble.

The husband lost his dad to cancer two years ago and now one of his sons has been diagnosed with leukemia.

I can't wait to stifle the puke and the anger that come up when I hear "Christians" explain this shit.

• Like 1

I once met an American Fundie Christian over here in the UK. He told me that their leader had a bad car crash and broke "every bone in his body". The elders of the church gathered around his bed and prayed all night ... in the morning he was able to walk out of the hospital completely healed.

Praise the Lord! A miracle!

I also witnessed a man, wheelchair-bound for 15 years, being healed ... within 30 seconds! He got out of his chair and danced around the church. Praise the Lord! A miracle!

(They then passed the collection pouch around the congregation ... with "plants" theatrically putting large denomination notes into it ... to encourage others to do the same).

A preacher came on and told the congregation that soon one of their number would become President of America (this was in 1998) and he would use the American military to eliminate all other religions ... starting with the Buddhists!

• Haha 1