Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fweethawt

More Examples of Male Privledge

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, TrueScotsman said:

What arguments have you made?  You treat your bigotry as if the assertion of your prejudices alone suffices as a valid assertion.

 

I guess I could have said 'assertion' instead of 'argument'. My problem was I didn't know what he was talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ToHellWithMe said:

 

I guess I could have said 'assertion' instead of 'argument'. My problem was I didn't know what he was talking about.

 

 

It was a joke.  You said that feminism mostly goes unchallenged in a post where you were challenging feminism.  Just trying to keep things light hearted.  No offense intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mymistake said:

Would you agree to gender equality if it was done in the name of humanism?  Would you support extending minimum wage to all service workers in all 50 states if it meant that you didn't have to hear those pesky complaints about wage gaps?

 

I don't know if equality is a worthwhile pursuit at all, unless it's equal treatment in front of law. Truth is we are not equal in all aspects. We are born with varying talents and pursue various things that are of different monetary value.

To the latter I'd have to say no. That's too flimsy a reason. Maybe some can combine two jobs if one can be done rather passively, in which case it is alright that individually they wouldn't pay enough to support his livelihood. Insisting on minimum wage could mean that the jobs won't exist at all anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ToHellWithMe said:

 

I don't know if equality is a worthwhile pursuit at all, unless it's equal treatment in front of law. Truth is we are not equal in all aspects. We are born with varying talents and pursue various things that are of different monetary value.

To the latter I'd have to say no. That's too flimsy a reason. Maybe some can combine two jobs if one can be done rather passively, in which case it is alright that individually they wouldn't pay enough to support his livelihood. Insisting on minimum wage could mean that the jobs won't exist at all anymore.

 

 

Right now there are states like California that require all service jobs to pay the minimum wage and yet the jobs still exist and the economy continues right along.

 

And yes, by equality I meant in the eyes of the law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ToHellWithMe said:


Ah, yes. We do have many here on this forum. I meant it in the wider sense.

But IDK. I guess it's a matter of opinion when you put it that way. To me it looks like feminism is utterly dominating the mainstream, and even the pretty crazy forms are tolerated. Maybe my views are too slanted.

 

I agree with Orbit, and I think you may be spending too much time online.  The media loves to highlight the more extreme ends of humanity because they're more interesting and therefore gain more clicks.  The vast majority of us are average looking, average income, average likes and dislikes, average attitudes . . . just average and quite normal.  But nobody wants to see programs or news about that, so they focus on the extremes.  Unfortunately, that makes it look like the extremes are the norm.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, Daffodil said:

 

I agree with Orbit, and I think you may be spending too much time online.  The media loves to highlight the more extreme ends of humanity because they're more interesting and therefore gain more clicks.  The vast majority of us are average looking, average income, average likes and dislikes, average attitudes . . . just average and quite normal.  But nobody wants to see programs or news about that, so they focus on the extremes.  Unfortunately, that makes it look like the extremes are the norm.

 

This is so true. If you read only the news, and you didn't take actual note of the world around you, you would believe that society was coming apart at the seams, war was on the streets, etc. Instead when you dig deeper most news articles are about stories that represent a fraction of everyday life.

 

You don't get stories of neighbours giving each other a hand cutting the boundary hedge, or that lovely community sports day etc. You do end up with a very slanted view - even with feminism. You go on to youtube, look up feminism and you are likely to be hit with videos of raving mad people screaming about all me being rapists. You could be forgiven for thinking that feminism is full of cray crays. Then you talk to someone like Orbit and realise its not actually the small vocal crazy minority that actually represents feminism.

 

@mymistake you mentioned a 4th wave... that's new. What's the 4th wave about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

 

@mymistake you mentioned a 4th wave... that's new. What's the 4th wave about?

 

Well of course it is going to work on the issues exposed by the hashtag me too movement.

 

You can read about the differences here.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/119524-6-things-to-know-about-4th-wave-feminism

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, ToHellWithMe said:

 

Thought experiment.

Besides, if we gave women the power and the responsibility they shouldn't need to be manipulative anymore, lol. All the crying and privilege-blaming would become moot. Incidentally those are also the qualities that I don't like about them.

You want to put the power in the hands of those you believe are manipulative. This makes no sense.

I was trying to understand your point there, but you seem to say one thing and then another, so I don't think I'll get anywhere. Anyway, for your sake, I hope you change your misinformed view about women's nature. You're missing out on relationships with lovely people whom you dismiss based on their gender, and setting yourself up for loneliness. It's sad to see, but it is your decision.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lilith666 said:

lovely people whom you dismiss based on their gender

 

I don't, though. I dismiss based on behavior. Their gender only makes me expect some measure of certain behavior. Then it's just a matter of distancing myself from the ones that make me frown too often.

 

There are measured, harmless ways to exhibit the typical feminine attitude. When done that way I don't think they are going to upset anyone except insecure or humorless men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.