Goodbye Jesus

Hello from an ex-worship director

Kittenswonderment

Welcome! It sounds like you have been through a lot. Yes, its a tough world out there on your own, but you're not, you have this community, and they can make a great difference. Stick around, we have this site, as well as a chat room, and you're welcome there too :)

I love the quote in your signature! Thank you for being so welcoming. 

50 minutes ago, Kittenswonderment said:

Hello 

My name is Suzie. I was a worship director in a little baptist church in New Zealand, went to bible college, married a nice Christian boy, gave my entire life to God. Got fired as worship director because I didn’t want to force volunteers to practise too much. Had no chance to explain myself or talk about ways forward the pastor just decided to kick me out and tell the congregation I had decided to step down. Decided to leave the church but still kept my faith for a wihile. Eventually all the little things added up and I decided to try living for a day without God to see if it was any different.... it wasn’t. So I gave up trying to please a hateful God, left my abusive husband, came out as a flaming lesbian, moved out of town and here I am! It’s been horrible and heartbreaking I would never go back. I’m hoping to meet some nice like minded people here. It’s a tough world on your own. <3

Hi Suzie

A fellow kiwi who has flown the religious coop! Welcome to Ex C.

As TS said feel free to join us in our chat room on Discord - details here

We are actually planning a voice meet at the end of the month if you wanted to join that - either as participant or just listening to all our wonderful accents. :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kittenswonderment said:

I love the quote in your signature! Thank you for being so welcoming. 

I'm currently reading her book (Infidel), highly recommend it. This community welcomed me with open arms and it made a real difference in my life over the last year, I hope I can return the favour.

Welcome, Kittenswonderment! Yes, the type of people you describe are not interested in your story... nor any story that isn't useful for them accruing power, validation, or money. On the other hand, I bet the people on this website are super interested!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DestinyTurtle said:

Welcome, Kittenswonderment! Yes, the type of people you describe are not interested in your story... nor any story that isn't useful for them accruing power, validation, or money. On the other hand, I bet the people on this website are super interested!

Yes, we are, it would be nice to hear your ex-timony in more depth :)

4 hours ago, Kittenswonderment said:

Hello 

My name is Suzie. I was a worship director in a little baptist church in New Zealand, went to bible college, married a nice Christian boy, gave my entire life to God. Got fired as worship director because I didn’t want to force volunteers to practise too much. Had no chance to explain myself or talk about ways forward the pastor just decided to kick me out and tell the congregation I had decided to step down. Decided to leave the church but still kept my faith for a wihile. Eventually all the little things added up and I decided to try living for a day without God to see if it was any different.... it wasn’t. So I gave up trying to please a hateful God, left my abusive husband, came out as a flaming lesbian, moved out of town and here I am! It’s been horrible and heartbreaking I would never go back. I’m hoping to meet some nice like minded people here. It’s a tough world on your own. <3

Hi Suzie,

So nice to hear from a another NZer.  I hope you make some new friends in your new town soon who will love and encourage and accept you for who you are. My experience is that Christians are can be extremely judgemental and will find any way from scripture to justify why anything bad that has happened to you. They almost can't help it after years of blessings and curses indoctrination. I will admit I do not understand homosexuality. It has always seemed to me like eating dinner with two forks or two spoons etc but I have never walked in the shoes of a gay person so I know I have no right to judge their feelings just because I don't understand them. 

I will write my own testimony out in full and then pin it to the link when I get time.  I am just as surprised to find myself on this forum as you probably are. Just know you are not alone, Kia Kaha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caro said:

Hi Suzie,

So nice to hear from a another NZer.

Hi Caro

Two new kiwi's in the same day. Welcome.

Well we Kiwis are taking over Ex-C. -

Shhh its a plot! :ph34r::funny:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Hi LogicalFallacy,

i noticed on your profile that you are interested in ancient humans and ancient earth. Can you recommend and good books with solid information which you have read on these topics. Coming from a Messianic background where there is a lot of emphasis on the 7 thousand year timeline in the Bible I would learn how to disprove this.

Thanks

Caro

3 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Hi Caro

Shhh its a plot! :ph34r::funny:

... there are and have been a quite a few of us here over the years. I see I am coming up to 12 years on this site! Welcome to you both!

Wow, that took an abrupt turn...

Congratulations on getting out, and welcome to ExC!

Welcome Kitten,

Glad you were able to get out of the craziness of Christianity. You have been through a lot. Hopefully you can continue to find the joy and happiness you deserve without "God".

Good luck!

I'll add my welcome too. I'm certain you'll find a lot of helpful information here & I know you will find a lot of likeminded folks. 

Hello Suzie.  Welcome.  It sounds like you have learned a lot about life recently.  Sorry if the road is painful.  Perhaps things will improve now that you have new direction.  Feel free to ask us anything.  We're listening.

Welcome to the site!!

Hi @Kittenswonderment  WELCOME!  :)  Sorry to hear of your struggles but glad you found this site!  And glad you are living a full life now!  I am also new to the forum and newly ex-christian...and everyone has been soooo welcoming!  I'm sure you'll feel right at home here!  Hope you have a terrific day!!!!

Hi Suzie. There is a US woman named Joy who did a number of posts here regarding her life serving Christ and her church and then how in her late 40s the doubts came in and she broke from the church,  As it turned out during the time she was posting here she initiated a divorce with her abusive patriarchal husband. I just finished reading her book and her story sounds so very close to what you've shared here of your own. Perhaps it would be a story you would enjoy reading. Here is a link to one of her posts after she'd been on this site for a while and had come to "know" a number of us. If you keep reading through the comments you'll see how she's deciding to move on into divorce as responds to us commenters.      http://new.exchristian.net/2015/05/joy-unspeakable-part-10-submission-101.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter     Her book, Joy Unspeakable, is available from Amazon. Just put Joy Hopper in the search box and it will come up if you decide you want to take a look at that. It is tough on your own but new friends will come who will be accepting of your much improved new world view. The most important thing is that you are learning to trust yourself and your ability to reason. Congratulations on all the great changes you are making! 

• Like 1

On 14/03/2018 at 8:10 AM, Kittenswonderment said:

Hello 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, very impresive change of life. Good for you! I used to participate in a music ministry too. I hope everything works out well for you, thanks for sharing.