Goodbye Jesus

‘Deconversion stories are targeted at Christians - a plot by atheists

Lydie

I am so cross.

I just googled ‘deconversion’ and one of the top results is an article by a Pastor saying that stories such as ours are not targeted at non-Christians, but are a strategy by atheists to lure the faithful away.

It denies our truth.

It paints us as demonic and plotting.

I hate this twisted Christian thinking.

I suppose that article also steers the faithful away from reading information like what can be found here, and from seeing we don’t have horns, but were just like them, asking the same questions they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is always about them.  Always.  

Remember, they program their folks to believe that anyone who leave "the faith" never believed in the first place. 

We have no value to them because we never were them.  No matter how many years or tears we spilled when we spent so much time with them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dont kid yourself. My deconversion story is for ME, first and foremost. 

Glad I got that off my chest. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lydie said:

I am so cross.

I just googled ‘deconversion’ and one of the top results is an article by a Pastor saying that stories such as ours are not targeted at non-Christians, but are a strategy by atheists to lure the faithful away.

It denies our truth.

It paints us as demonic and plotting.

I hate this twisted Christian thinking.

I suppose that article also steers the faithful away from reading information like what can be found here, and from seeing we don’t have horns, but were just like them, asking the same questions they are.

I thought the faithful could never be lured away. That a Jesusy life  is a gazillion times better than a non-Jesusy life. Guess not. :) 

Pastors have a certain financial incentive to keep the Christian BS alive and well and their followers compliant. It might be sad that pastors post BS like that and it's also sad that their parishioners buy into it. But I'm personally happy that I'm not in that mind prison anymore. Whatever they think or post is not my concern.

• Thanks 2

And don't forget about the biggest hurdle  that has to be overcome - Indoctrination & Brainwashing. They believe the Christian dogma with every fiber in their body. Our words & evidence is from the Devil. It's a trap by the evil one to capture their souls & drag them into hell.

Religion is the greatest Con game ever devised by man. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Well a pastor is not going to admit that Christianity has no foundation and is nothing but entertainment.  They need a better narrative if they want to stay in business.

• Thanks 1

Nothing to see here except for Christians telling themselves what they want to hear in order to fortify their faith. It's just wishful thinking. Just like the rest of Christianity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Geezer said:

And don't forget about the biggest hurdle  that has to be overcome - Indoctrination & Brainwashing. They believe the Christian dogma with every fiber in their body. Our words & evidence is from the Devil. It's a trap by the evil one to capture their souls & drag them into hell.

Religion is the greatest Con game ever devised by man. 

One of my facebook friends is a new Christian and was recently spewing something about watching  out for the 'enemy' , aka Satan blah blah blah.

I'll probably always remember a certain believer that was constantly frothing about Satan who was supposedly always trying to magically attack us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:29 AM, Jeff said:

Dont kid yourself. My deconversion story is for ME, first and foremost. 

Glad I got that off my chest. 

This.

Often the person most helped by getting their story out is the person who is telling it. It's a kind of therapy.

@Lydie As for what Christians say: Bear them no mind, they are full of crap like the bible. People who believe in talking snakes and donkeys, zombie armies, and golden thrones are liable to spout utter and complete nonsense.

People often see characteristics in others, that they have inside themselves.  Christians trying to lure others to their belief, think all atheist are doing the same.

Yeah, I bet deconversion stories really burn his ass. With good reason, too. It's hard to manipulate and deceive people when other's who have been manipulated and deceived stand up and speak out about their experiences. 

• Like 2

It is a solipsistic Christian worldview. Everything is aimed at Christians in his mind. He can't imagine any other purpose for such stories to be written because he is too wrapped up in his own worldview to see another perspective.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

If you're so arrogant as to believe that the lord of all creation cares enough about you to help you find your car keys, it's not too much of a stretch to believe that the "enemy" also cares enough about you to have hidden them in the first place.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 10:39 PM, Joshpantera said:

Yeah, I bet deconversion stories really burn his ass. With good reason, too. It's hard to manipulate and deceive people when other's who have been manipulated and deceived stand up and speak out about their experiences. 

This.

Christianity thrives on experiences. Every thing that Christians believe about God or Jesus or their faith is predominately based on their own experiences. You can argue theology, or semantics or whatever, but nothing trumps experience. If Christians cannot argue against experience, they have nothing. So, the pastor has to find a way to discredit it.

• Like 1

Convert.  Deconvert.  Doesn't matter.  It's never really about the person but all about supernatural whatsamajiggers and what they want or need.

mwc

On 3/23/2018 at 11:26 PM, Lydie said:

haven't posted in a while but I'll toss in to make sense of this, because it's not as infuriating when you understand it.

The fact is demonizing those who are outsiders is common among those who are susceptible to being brainwashed. "Everyone who isn't with me is conspiring against me." Everything that goes against the narrative is "negative" and negative people must be cut out from your life as they are up to no good. Everything that goes with the narrative is "positive" and you should surround yourself with positivity aka stay inside the echo chamber. Political extremist groups use this. Fundamentalist Religions use this. Multilevel marketing ( MLM ) scams use this. It's a universal method of mind control that works by confusing a person into a perpetual confirmation bias loop of circular reasoning where they see everything that disagrees with the group as "neg". All evidence to the contrary is therefore wrong because it is bad and bad because it is wrong. It is very difficult to deprogram someone who has allowed themselves into this stage of consistent self-bullshitting.

So when you see stuff like this, it actually says more about the Pastor than it says about you. This kind of conclusion the Pastor has reached is of course very silly sounding to those of us outside of his echo chamber bubble, and may make you want to fight against it. But the truth is...he's just a sad willfully ignorant little man, and you are probably better off ignoring him.

11 hours ago, Jedah said:

The fact is demonizing those who are outsiders is common among those who are susceptible to being brainwashed. "Everyone who isn't with me is conspiring against me." Everything that goes against the narrative is "negative" and negative people must be cut out from your life as they are up to no good. Everything that goes with the narrative is "positive" and you should surround yourself with positivity aka stay inside the echo chamber. Political extremist groups use this. Fundamentalist Religions use this. Multilevel marketing ( MLM ) scams use this. It's a universal method of mind control that works by confusing a person into a perpetual confirmation bias loop of circular reasoning where they see everything that disagrees with the group as "neg". All evidence to the contrary is therefore wrong because it is bad and bad because it is wrong.

This is so true. Has anyone noticed that those who are susceptible to being brainwashed tend to go loopy about conspiracy theories, or they hold extremist views, or they fall prey to MLM schemes etc? There's a lesson here: develop your critical thinking skills, they are one of the best defenses you'll ever have against the crazy.

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2018 at 1:34 PM, Storm said:

This.

Christianity thrives on experiences. Every thing that Christians believe about God or Jesus or their faith is predominately based on their own experiences. You can argue theology, or semantics or whatever, but nothing trumps experience. If Christians cannot argue against experience, they have nothing. So, the pastor has to find a way to discredit it.

So true.

• Like 1