Goodbye Jesus

Hello fellow heathens!

Axelle

Hahaha, sorry, I had to :lol:. I'm 21 years old, was born and raised as a christian by missionary parents. You can find my ''Testimony'' here: 

I wrote an already long post about myself in Testimonials without realising I should have introduced myself first (sorry!), so I'll keep it short:

I live in London, which kinda sucks for an introvert like me because it's always packed everywhere. I have been an agnostic atheist for over a year now, following a complex crisis of faith I described in Testimonials. I am still trying to figure out how to properly tell my family that I don't consider myself a christian or believer anymore. I am dating an awesome guy who's an atheist and has been incredibly helpful throughout this proccess.

I studied LLB Law, and now I am in the proccess of enrolling for an LLM Law (Masters degree). I love music, which actually comes from those countless hours I spent rehearsing with my brothers and members of the church's music group. I am into all types of rock you can think of, but I am a big'ol Emo... Black Veil Brides, My Chemical romance still gets me every time. I love reading, I'm a classical nerd- fantasy books (My childhood love for The Chronicles of Narnia is still intanct, despite of now disagreeing with everyhing C.S. Lewis has to say about christianism hahah), comic books, philosophy and politics/ morality debates. 

I love travelling, trying new foods, learning languages... whatever my curiosity leads me to :P

Thank you for reading! 

Axelle.

PS: That cute Chihuahua in the profile pic is my boyfriend's dog. He followed me out to the snow!

• Like 2

Goodbye Jesus

Welcome  Axelle. I'm glad you found this site.

• Like 2

Hey Axelle

Have you followed the free will debates going on? People like Sam Harris, Daniel Dennent etc?

I think Sam is of the opinion that free will is an illusion and Dan thinks we have free will. It's an interesting conversation.

As is whether there is any objective moral truth.

• Like 1

Welcome to Ex-c Axelle! So glad you have joined us! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to hearing more from you!

• Like 2

Welcome! I was also raised as a christian by missionary parents! It's completely nuts going through it and I'm glad you seemed to have made it out ok!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Hey Axelle

Have you followed the free will debates going on? People like Sam Harris, Daniel Dennent etc?

I think Sam is of the opinion that free will is an illusion and Dan thinks we have free will. It's an interesting conversation.

As is whether there is any objective moral truth.

I know Sam Harris, I'll have to check out Daniel Dennent. Thank you :)

• Super Moderator

Welcome to Ex-C! Enjoy yourself here. Many of us are not crazy. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, florduh said:

Welcome to Ex-C! Enjoy yourself here. Many of us are not crazy. :lol:

False advertising...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Christianism" -- I like that better than "Christianity".

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1