Goodbye Jesus

‘Boy Who Came Back From Heaven’ Says He Didn’t

Fweethawt

‘Boy Who Came Back From Heaven’ Says He Didn’t...

https://www.courthousenews.com/boy-who-came-back-from-heaven-says-he-didnt/

WHEATON, Ill. (CN) – A quadriplegic man who emerged from a coma in 2004 claims Christian publisher Tyndale House published a fake near-death story about him going to heaven, which was concocted by his father after they survived a severe car accident.

Alex Malarkey, 19, claims in a lawsuitfiled Monday in Dupage County, Ill., that Tyndale House Publishers has made millions of dollars from a book his father wrote that falsely claimed he died and went to heaven, where he spoke to Jesus and the devil.

Published in 2010, “The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven,” a New York Times bestseller, sold over 1 million copies and spawned an audio CD, DVD documentary and a TV movie deal. But Malarkey, who depends solely on Social Security payments to get by, has not seen a dime of revenue, according to the complaint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

What???  I can't believe this isn't true.

I'm pretty sure we here all fell for this when the news originally broke all those years ago and to hear this now is just devastating.

At least all the others journeys into heaven and/or hell are certainly real so I/we can take comfort in that.  It's only this story that was used to evangelize and line someone's pockets.

mwc

• Haha 1

An appropriate last name for such a story... (Malarkey)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

‘Boy Who Came Back From Heaven’ Says He Didn’t...

https://www.courthousenews.com/boy-who-came-back-from-heaven-says-he-didnt/

WHEATON, Ill. (CN) – A quadriplegic man who emerged from a coma in 2004 claims Christian publisher Tyndale House published a fake near-death story about him going to heaven, which was concocted by his father after they survived a severe car accident.

Alex Malarkey, 19, claims in a lawsuitfiled Monday in Dupage County, Ill., that Tyndale House Publishers has made millions of dollars from a book his father wrote that falsely claimed he died and went to heaven, where he spoke to Jesus and the devil.

Published in 2010, “The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven,” a New York Times bestseller, sold over 1 million copies and spawned an audio CD, DVD documentary and a TV movie deal. But Malarkey, who depends solely on Social Security payments to get by, has not seen a dime of revenue, according to the complaint.

Hysterical people.

So there would be no problem carrying on the ruse if Alex woulda got some cash out of it. Praise Jesus.

he got fame n “fortune” from back from heaven,

now he may get some money for refuting he did not go heaven, confessions and jesus forgives me tour

17 hours ago, midniterider said:

So there would be no problem carrying on the ruse if Alex woulda got some cash out of it. Praise Jesus.

Greed getting in the way of an otherwise perfect money making scheme.

• Like 1

Wait a second ... he claimed to have talked to the Devil in heaven? Does that mean hell is a just a suburb of heaven?

• 4 months later...

Gee why doesnt this suprise me. Just like that ex-gay bs xtians reee about working when it doesnt. Boy for a mythology when one of its commandments is literally not to lie, I find xtians lie more than lawyers, and congress.