Goodbye Jesus

Once a sinner always a sinner

quinntar

On 5/25/2018 at 2:02 PM, florduh said:

Yes, I think this oldie but goody hasn't been improved upon. 

rules.jpg

Pops!

I looked for you when I stopped by.

Well, it seems you're ok based on your typical mischievous reply.

I don't forget you guys although I'm not here much. I've looked for others but they seem to be MIA, hope they're ok.

On 5/24/2018 at 10:00 PM, midniterider said:

So in your own words, what is the final punishment? Or is there one?

Any cognizant person who does not CHOOSE life will go into oblivion; they will be destroyed, never to exist anymore. Did my redundancy make it plain about the destiny of those who reject salvation?

On 5/24/2018 at 9:36 PM, DestinyTurtle said:

No kidding! The amount of fear fundamentalists live in every day in the shadows of an angry, hateful God is astounding... as well as their insistence that spending an eternity with that entity and praising his insecure name somehow constitutes a heaven. It seems to be the Original Sin concept is often taken to the extreme of "existence itself is sin". Ok, then, I'm leaving Xianity not because I like sin, exactly, but because apparently sin is inescapable and preaching/living a double life of sinning and hating yourself for it is hypocritical - and I hate hypocrisy! 

Yes, psychologically speaking fear based religion is not good. Faith worketh by love. Fear leads to legalism & wanting to appease God. That type of religion can make a person sick, it can make them anxious and/or physically, mentally & emotionally unwell. That type of belief can eventually lead a person to be apathetic & apostasy is the usual result. If I believed God was like how some people portray Him to be,  I won't love, like & follow Him.

Praising his ******* name?

A name represents character or beliefs. What does Destiny Turtle mean?

• Super Moderator
15 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

Any cognizant person who does not CHOOSE life will go into oblivion; they will be destroyed, never to exist anymore. Did my redundancy make it plain about the destiny of those who reject salvation?

Could you please provide scripture to support this claim; or do cognizant people not need scripture?

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

Yes, psychologically speaking fear based religion is not good. Faith worketh by love. Fear leads to legalism & wanting to appease God. That type of religion can make a person sick, it can make them anxious and/or physically, mentally & emotionally unwell. That type of belief can eventually lead a person to be apathetic & apostasy is the usual result. If I believed God was like how some people portray Him to be,  I won't love, like & follow Him.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of all wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. 

Proverbs 9:10

On 5/24/2018 at 10:11 PM, sdelsolray said:

...Thus, I might say something like, "I do not believe in sin, nor do I believe I have sinned.  However, I have violated certain criminal and civil laws and I have behaved in certain unethical and immoral ways during my life."

So you admit you sin? ;)

We all don't sin alike but we all sin, therefore we need a savior FROM sin, not in sin

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Could you please provide scripture to support this claim; or do cognizant people not need scripture?

John 3:16. It's the summary of the bible.

N.B. The word says PERISH & NOT, perishing as in eternal torture, as many fear based religions teach.

39 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

Whew. Glad there's no eternal torture then.

23 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of all wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. 

Proverbs 9:10

Context determines what type of fear it'll be; negative or positive.

Rebellion & sin makes people afraid of God but if a person truly sees Him lifted up, they will love Him (John 12:32).

In Revelation the wicked people ask to be hid from the wrath of the lamb. How many people will have abject terror from seeing a little lamb approaching?

6 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Whew. Glad there's no eternal torture then.

Yeah, but WHY would you die? (Ezekiel 33:11)

• Super Moderator
20 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

John 3:16. It's the summary of the bible.

N.B. The word says PERISH & NOT, perishing as in eternal torture, as many fear based religions teach.

It says nothing about non-believers being obliterated.  Fail.

Please provide an actual scripture that actually supports your actual claim.

• Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

Context determines what type of fear it'll be; negative or positive.

Rebellion & sin makes people afraid of God but if a person truly sees Him lifted up, they will love Him (John 12:32).

In Revelation the wicked people ask to be hid from the wrath of the lamb. How many people will have abject terror from seeing a little lamb approaching?

Ah yes... context.  It says "fear"; but it actually means "love"... because context.

21 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:
24 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It says nothing about non-believers being obliterated.  Fail.

Please provide an actual scripture that actually supports your actual claim.

Whosoever BELIEVES will not perish. 

Unbelief & non belief are defaults for obliteration (1 Peter 4:17).

26 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Ah yes... context.  It says "fear"; but it actually means "love"... because context.

Go to bible hub & look at the concordance & look at the original language; it'll help.

I'm sure you know what homonyms are.

Can the word pen have different meanings depending on the CONTEXT?

I wish red neck will come back in the sheep pen with us Christians; if he comes back I will pen that event in my diary.

2 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

Go to bible hub & look at the concordance & look at the original language; it'll help.

Why did God make it hard to understand God's word by putting it in a language that would die out?

Oh, that is right.  We were going to build a tower that was 10 stories high and climb into heaven to be just like God.  That is why God had to give us different languages (even though we now venture into space and send probes to other planets.)

Well why can't God give us the perfect translation of God's word that is perfectly clear and has no errors?  Maybe it's because God is not real?

2 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

I wish red neck will come back in the sheep pen with us Christians; if he comes back I will pen that event in my diary.

Yes means No depending on the context.

Whosoever BELIEVES will not perish. 

Unbelief & non belief are defaults for obliteration (1 Peter 4:17).

Believe means not believe in the original manuscript. It's those homonyms.

3 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

Praising his ******* name?

A name represents character or beliefs. What does Destiny Turtle mean?

I was mainly venting about a particular type of fundamentalist belief that I had the misfortune of struggling with during my life. I don't really have beef with more liberal forms of christianity, as long as it doesn't resort to similar methods of implied fear and intimidation. That is to say, I don't think I personally have any issues with what you're saying here (although others in this site might, but that's for them to discuss). 

As for my name, you can read my Testimony if you'd like a more detailed image of where I'm coming from. The short version of the story is that I have a very specific, possibly ironic, relationship with the concept of 'Destiny' because of my personal experiences with Christianity. There are many reasons why the image of the turtle is both evocative and inspirational to me. One of the many of such reasons is that a turtle represents perseverance and character, to me.

I hope that answers your question!

• Super Moderator
10 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

The funny thing is, no matter what translation of the bible you read, they all use the word "fear".  Seems like if god meant something different, he'd have mentioned that to at least one of the translators.  But he didn't.  Wonder why?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, midniterider said:

Yes means No depending on the context.

Answer the question, man 😉.

14 hours ago, midniterider said:

Believe means not believe in the original manuscript. It's those homonyms.

Hypothetically speaking, there's a really, really bad recession & there is $20,000 (a rich, deceased ex Christian left it) to be gotten by all ex Christians from this site at their local Kroger; but whomever does not show up won't get any money.

Does that scenario IMPLY that those who don't go get the money will miss out & face dire consequences?

Yeah, I know, bad analogy but I hope you get the gist of it.

5 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The funny thing is, no matter what translation of the bible you read, they all use the word "fear".  Seems like if god meant something different, he'd have mentioned that to at least one of the translators.  But he didn't.  Wonder why?

The word fear in the bible is a homonym. It can mean abject terror or it can mean great respect.The Hebrew & Greek meanings for the fear of the Lord are positive many times. People need to respect His creatorship, His omnipotence, His omniscience etc., but most importantly, His love for us.

Did you understand that in my analogy pen had two different meanings?

1 minute ago, Thumbelina said:

The word fear in the bible is a homonym. It can mean abject terror or it can mean great respect.The Hebrew & Greek meanings for the fear of the Lord are positive many times. People need to respect His creatorship, His omnipotence, His omniscience etc., but most importantly, His love for us.

Because if you don't accept that love God is going to destroy you . . . out of love.  Thumbelina if a human man tried to kill you because you wouldn't return the "love" he has for you then he would belong in prison and never really loved you.  Think about it.  God is a school shooter who kills dozens of people because they were not nice to him.

15 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

Hypothetically speaking, there's a really, really bad recession & there is $20,000 (a rich, deceased ex Christian left it) to be gotten by all ex Christians from this site at their local Kroger; but whomever does not show up won't get any money.

Does that scenario IMPLY that those who don't go get the money will miss out & face dire consequences?

Yeah, I know, bad analogy but I hope you get the gist of it.

We all get what you are trying to say.  We were all Christians once.  Still doesn't change the fact that you can provide no objective evidence for any of this nor can you explain the hundreds of contradictions in the Bible and Christian theology.

14 hours ago, DestinyTurtle said:

I was mainly venting about a particular type of fundamentalist belief that I had the misfortune of struggling with during my life. I don't really have beef with more liberal forms of christianity, as long as it doesn't resort to similar methods of implied fear and intimidation. That is to say, I don't think I personally have any issues with what you're saying here (although others in this site might, but that's for them to discuss). 

As for my name, you can read my Testimony if you'd like a more detailed image of where I'm coming from. The short version of the story is that I have a very specific, possibly ironic, relationship with the concept of 'Destiny' because of my personal experiences with Christianity. There are many reasons why the image of the turtle is both evocative and inspirational to me. One of the many of such reasons is that a turtle represents perseverance and character, to me.

I hope that answers your question!

I understand the need to vent.

Thank you for answering me, I'll check out your story.

Yes, so you understand quite well that names represent character or beliefs.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Did you understand that in my analogy pen had two different meanings?

Do you understand that if god had meant "respect", he'd have said so?

• Like 1