Goodbye Jesus

Once a sinner always a sinner

quinntar

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Do you understand that if god had meant "respect", he'd have said so?

He did.

Get thee to a concordance & read up on how it works.

http://biblehub.com/strongs/greek/5399.htm

3 hours ago, Thumbelina said:

I understand the need to vent.

Thank you for answering me, I'll check out your story.

Yes, so you understand quite well that names represent character or beliefs.

I read it. It reminded me of why I joined this website in the first place, I literally cried when I realized the beliefs some folk here had about God.

*hugs* to you. I'm sorry for your bad experiences.

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

He did.

He said "fear".  Get thee to a fucking dictionary.

46 minutes ago, Thumbelina said:

He did.

So for over a thousand years people have been translating it wrong?  And as a result it has led people astray?  So God knows these good people were tricked but God is going to destroy those people anyway?

Why didn't God simply write his word in a way that wouldn't get confused so nobody would be tricked?

• 5 weeks later...

@Thumbelina

Let's assume for a moment that there is a god, and it is the god described in your bible (or the version of god you've interpreted the bible to represent.

What violation of this god's laws is not also a violation of another human being's rights and dignity?

In other words, why do I need to believe in a god in order to recognize and respect and defend human rights and dignity?

I contend that any god with the power to create life, which god also possesses concern for the well-being of its creation, cannot possibly condone or inspire people to commit acts like slavery, gender inequality, racial inequality, etc.

The god described in your bible clearly does condone and inspire, even command, such things.

I do not need a god to know that those violations of human rights and dignity are wrong, disgusting and counterproductive to my own well-being.

Why would I worship a god whose concern for his creation is less than my own?

How can I be charged with sin when I am not guilty of those things, but the god is?

Your own bible says people who teach the law can't be found to be hypocrites, else their authority is null.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 4:15 PM, L.B. said:

I contend that any god with the power to create life, which god also possesses concern for the well-being of its creation, cannot possibly condone or inspire people to commit acts like slavery, gender inequality, racial inequality, etc.

The god described in your bible clearly does condone and inspire, even command, such things.

It's painfully obvious that this god (and many others) are nothing more than the working 'minds of ancient human beings' in leadership roles within their respective religions - with human opinions, human emotions, and human bias. 

Christians, emotionally unstable folks with one foot in and one foot out, it's wake up time people! 

It's time to put on your thinking caps and coming to terms with the reality of the situation at hand. Time to grow up and see this with an adult mind. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

i consider it a badge of honor now to be called a sinner, or told Im going to hell.