Goodbye Jesus

Saving good content from others

Guest Ann

Is there a way/place on my profile (like a favorites folder) to save content from posts? I have read many funny, insightful, helpful, etc posts from others and would like to copy/paste my favorites in order to revisit them. As of now, I find myself remembering certain comments or funny memes, and cannot find where they are located. For instance....mymistake posted this:

gallery_146_19_9537.jpg

and I want to save it because it is hilarious and don't want it "lost" for future viewing or just to send to my brother or friends when the right opportunity arises. I realize I can open a doc on my computer and save material, but would like to be able to save on this site, as I know I might/will forget where I put placed a document. Getting old sucks! :blink:

Oh you don't have to save that pic.  It's all over google.  Just look in images and search for "Rapture Survivor Card".  The internet it huge.  It might be infinite (or at least it seems that way).

Ann: I recommend saving it to your machine in a labeled folder. Net content can be ephemeral; more than once I've looked for something I had seen and not found it. Just because this site has been here for years does not mean it will continue indefinitely. The browsers I use allow saving as a PDF which is easy. 

Are there any issues with say copying data off this forum and storing on ones own files for later use?

For example if I like one of X's posts are there any issues copying that post to a PDF or whatever?

Possibly asking the poster would seem the easiest way to sort this out.

Hey X do you mind if I copy this post to use and would you like it referenced when/if I use it?

2 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Are there any issues with say copying data off this forum and storing on ones own files for later use?

For example if I like one of X's posts are there any issues copying that post to a PDF or whatever?

Possibly asking the poster would seem the easiest way to sort this out.

Hey X do you mind if I copy this post to use and would you like it referenced when/if I use it?

No issues if you're saving it for your own use. If you're going to distribute it to others then you need permission.