Goodbye Jesus

Why be good if there is no God

Castiel233

First of all rejecting Christianity does not require one to become atheistic..I don't think reality (including myself) is just an accident.. But the biblical God is a monstrosity created by an ethnocentric sociopathic tribe.

The answer to why be good is its only fair to be good if you hope the same treatment from others.. To act like a sociopath but expect kindness is ridiculous and illogical.. This idea has nothing to do with any deity it's just fair play and being nice gets me good treatment in return usually.. however, if you want to live by jungle law go ahead, but you'll probably eventually die by the sword like how the mafia dons eventually get whacked after doing it to others for years..I don't want that for myself.. If someone is unkind to me however I hit back. I do not follow Jesus' nonsense teaching and turn the other cheek which is  unethical because it encourages abuse and cruelty. So if someone hurts me or mine, I hurt them, or prosecute or sue.

The reasons are therefore utilitarian and not deontological and no God is needed. Ethical behavior is justified by it's consequences. Sometimes however one must do a lesser evil to prevent a greater evil for eg  stealing medicine if necessary to save a dying child because the life is worth more than the medicine.

Oh well good luck in your quest and don't go back to Jesus whatever you do..lol

On 4/22/2018 at 1:10 PM, Fuego said:

Attached a picture of Penn Jillette answering "Why don't I rape as much as I want?"

Penn on morals.jpg

I take Christians' claims that they would be evil without god with many grains of salt. They tend to have this persistent self-abasing belief because the bible tells them so. They may claim it, but people say things without understanding what they really would do because they have never thought outside what the bible says. That claim probably shows a lack of self-knowledge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilith666 said:

I take Christians' claims that they would be evil without god with many grains of salt. They tend to have this persistent self-abasing belief because the bible tells them so. They may claim it, but people say things without understanding what they really would do because they have never thought outside what the bible says. That claim probably shows a lack of self-knowledge.

I completely agree.  When I was a Christian I repeated the same line about no morality without God.  Then when I found myself without religion it was a huge learning experience.  Things were not at all what I thought they would be.

• Like 1