Goodbye Jesus

I’m now one of you

Jace

This is pretty interesting.  

Man, I would have liked to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

Your post does not indicate whether or not your husband played any kind of unintentional role in steering you away from the faith.  I think this is a lot more common than most people realize.

I would be interested to know the emotional and/or spiritual factors that played a role in your journey to the truth.

As I read through the testimonials on this site, I can't help but think that accepting the truth means giving up on some kind of hope inside.  

I always thought that giving up on this hope would break me, but the opposite has happened.  

I no longer hope for love from people incapable of even defining it, from people that define a God as "love," but don't even bother to read his book.  

This, I think, eliminates pain, because you give up on false hope and can finally focus on reality and finding true sources of love and appreciation.

Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread.  Congrats to yet another person that has come to the truth.  

• Like 1

It's amazing how once we allow ourselves to really think it out the blocks kind of fall into place and spell it out for you.  I feel like I knew something wasn't right for a really long time.  I was just too afraid to allow myself to look into it.  (Ahem, yay internet!) It's bigger than the advent of the internet, though.  The internet just gives us access to the correct information a lot easier.  I mean, I got a degree in history at a real brick and mortar school with a good library.  I had great resources.  I researched topics that danced all over the ancient world and I never looked that way. It took me eight years after graduation basically to let myself use the skills I learned to show myself what I already knew.  Welcome to the group!  I hope you find any answers you still seek and some comfort in numbers at least.  Hang in there!  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Jace, welcome!

• 2 months later...

@thetruthsetmefree I'm not sure why I never saw this message, but I saw it today, so I decided to respond. 

My husband had nothing to do with steering me away. In fact, I don't think anybody did. A situation involving Christians kicked the door open for me to ask questions that I think I always knew would leave me to answers that would then lead me to have to make some decisions, but mostly, the motivation was internal. 

The factors that led to my deconversion were many, but mostly, I just finally had to admit my truth to myself and follow. 

Everyone’s journey is different. There is no right or wrong way to walk away, or to deal with the repercussions because everyone’s situation is different.