Goodbye Jesus

LOL

Anushka

31301683_1643190082433951_8235322054225991014_n.jpg

Learning goal oriented and critical thinking skills is a good start for learning how to more effectively use one's brain. Many spend days, weeks, or even months learning how to use an app. but little or no time learning how to better use their brain.

http://www.nunez.edu/Images/Interior/tutoring/study strategies and critical thinking skills.pdf

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pantheory said:

Learning goal oriented and critical thinking skills is a good start for learning how to more effectively use one's brain. Many spend days, weeks, or even months learning how to use an app. but little or no time learning how to better use their brain.

http://www.nunez.edu/Images/Interior/tutoring/study strategies and critical thinking skills.pdf

Thank you so much... that is some useful information. I never follow the rule of 36 hours. I always leave everything to the last minute. No wonder I hardly remember the details of what I studied! 

Here's a personal story:

I'm convinced I have attention deficit disorder. When I was in junior high and high school I could not concentrate on homework at all. I'd find my mind wandering no matter how hard I tried. (I still deal with this.) I flunked out of a community college. But when I got out of the Navy, I realized that I needed a college education in order to earn a decent living, and I found some techniques that helped me with the ADD. One of them was to never wait until the last minute to study or do coursework. I studied every day according to a schedule I created, and did most of my work well ahead of the deadline, including term papers. There is more to this than that, but you don't want to read a long post with all the details. The bottom line is that I never had to study for a test because I'd kept up all along. I went to bed early the night before and arrived for the test rested, prepared, and therefore not nervous. I made the Dean's list and was voted "Outstanding Graduating Senior" by the department faculty. The key was keeping to a schedule (written on paper), re-writing class notes and writing summaries of readings (the act of writing passes through part of the brain involved with memory), and not procrastinating.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, older said:

Here's a personal story:

I'm convinced I have attention deficit disorder. When I was in junior high and high school I could not concentrate on homework at all. I'd find my mind wandering no matter how hard I tried. (I still deal with this.) I flunked out of a community college. But when I got out of the Navy, I realized that I needed a college education in order to earn a decent living, and I found some techniques that helped me with the ADD. One of them was to never wait until the last minute to study or do coursework. I studied every day according to a schedule I created, and did most of my work well ahead of the deadline, including term papers. There is more to this than that, but you don't want to read a long post with all the details. The bottom line is that I never had to study for a test because I'd kept up all along. I went to bed early the night before and arrived for the test rested, prepared, and therefore not nervous. I made the Dean's list and was voted "Outstanding Graduating Senior" by the department faculty. The key was keeping to a schedule (written on paper), re-writing class notes and writing summaries of readings (the act of writing passes through part of the brain involved with memory), and not procrastinating.

Thank you for sharing that   ..

That was really inspirational...

I too want to be up to date with my studies... It does help you remember a lot more stuff.

@older

When I was at school, I used to learn everything by writing, otherwise I would forget it. 

Now I don't have that habit anymore because I leave things to the last minute which is sad.

Also because now there are more assignments than exams. So, assignments require much less studying than exams.

I am really looking to stop leaving things to the last minute as I hate that I have little knowledge about certain subjects.