Goodbye Jesus

LDS Church

JimmyfoJesus

1 minute ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Where the wind blows and where a man goes, no one knows except The One who knows of all things. In other words, I hope WW3 breaks out soon, because then I'm taking a vacation.

Last week I saw two women sitting in front of the post office holding up their religious signs.  They were sitting there hour after hour.  I've seen them and more from their church doing the same thing.  They sit for hour after hour.

They think an all powerful God who can make anything out of thin air needs for them to sit around.  Don't you find it strange that missions from God involve wasting so much time?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mymistake said:

Last week I saw two women sitting in front of the post office holding up their religious signs.  They were sitting there hour after hour.  I've seen them and more from their church doing the same thing.  They sit for hour after hour.

They think an all powerful God who can make anything out of thin air needs for them to sit around.  Don't you find it strange that missions from God involve wasting so much time?

Those are not missions from God in my eyes, and I do not believe this is a waste of time at all. I understand how God works, and I know He wants me to cross paths with a certain amount of people of all walks of life as far as race, age, religious beliefs and all. Each group, I spend the time with that I feel is sufficient. You guys are the ones He probably cares most about for you are not spreading lies, and at least you're honest in knowing that it isn't currently working. I'm sure you think it never worked, but we'll agree to disagree, but I know that I forgot what God used to do in my life for a long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Those are not missions from God in my eyes, and I do not believe this is a waste of time at all. I understand how God works, and I know He wants me to cross paths with a certain amount of people of all walks of life as far as race, age, religious beliefs and all. Each group, I spend the time with that I feel is sufficient. You guys are the ones He probably cares most about for you are not spreading lies, and at least you're honest in knowing that it isn't currently working. I'm sure you think it never worked, but we'll agree to disagree, but I know that I forgot what God used to do in my life for a long time.

You know how God works, huh? Where did you get this knowledge? 

• Like 1

From the Book of Proverbs, it's the one book in the Bible that serves as a guide to life and shows you all the traps God will throw your way. He'll even open your eyes to areas of your life causing you pain if you listen properly.

• Super Moderator
20 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

...if you listen properly.

The way you do?   

:Doh:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

From the Book of Proverbs, it's the one book in the Bible that serves as a guide to life and shows you all the traps God will throw your way. He'll even open your eyes to areas of your life causing you pain if you listen properly.

Dunno about you, but I have no use for something that throws traps. And tempts you. And all the other stuff you've mentioned here. It's a relief not to live in that kind of headspace anymore, the constant analysis of how god was going to use this or that or even me. But thanks for being here to 'educate' us. We have gained our peace and immunity from these pranks for the most part, methinks.

6 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Anyone ever look at those dudes on a bike and just think there’s no way the antichrist could be anything but the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? I just picture Jesus being too gangster for those clowns, but you never know.

No, I just think they're dipshits. I lump them in with the other religious dipshits.

• Haha 2

Listen properly = Listen to Jimmy or his Christbots.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

It's not about how thick my skin is but about getting out all the points I feel obliged to share, and once that is done, I am done, and off to the next thing. There's no point in waiting around on you guys. God does what God does to those who do not listen, and I do not worry about it. I just spread it to who I can where I can.

That's great - can you provide evidence for your claim of God please?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

A surprising amount. Just on here seeing if there's anyone still looking for help even if they are angry at God, because I'm sure He understands where they're coming from.

Sorry Jimmy. Im actually angry at Santa Clause. 

Im angry so I quit believing in him.

Thats about my only reason for not believing though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hey Jimmy:

So you believe in this power that exists everywhere, knows everything (he knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake), and can do anything (except eliminate cancer in children, or causing some to be born with horrific birth defects (https://pro.magnumphotos.com/image/NYC6985.htmlhttps://pro.magnumphotos.com/image/NYC6978.html, https://www.medicalvirals.info/article/1724) (there are thousands more examples I could link to if you wish)), and who loves everyone on the condition that they love him back (and if they don't, he'll send them to an eternity of unspeakable misery and suffering), and who sent himself to earth and then had himself tortured to death in order to avenge himself for a curse he put on us because one of our distant ancestors and a rib woman ate fruit off a magical tree after being told to to it by a talking snake.

Now the question is: do you believe all this because it makes sense or because other people have convinced you to fear that bad things will happen to you if you don't?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Considering I believe good deedsand sacrifice get you to Heavenas in the Old Testament, and I was taught to believe in this dude who was born of a “virgin” when God meets us halfway, I’d say society’s views have nothing to do with mine, and they are strictly based on an interpretation of the Bible no one has looked at.

9 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Hmmm. That's interesting.

I've read Proverbs. More than just the once. In fact, when I was younger, I memorized several chapters. Not once did God speak to me. I must not have been listening properly.

• Haha 1

This is a good example of how the bible can rot your brain. Anyone can come up with any number of interpretations, no matter how contradictory or inconsistent, claim divine inspiration, and take off trying to find converts. And people are really stupid, it seems that at least some people will sign up to just about any claim that suggests it's the real interpretation of the bible. That's why there's an LDS Church, that's why there could be an LSD Church as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
On 4/29/2018 at 7:51 AM, Joshpantera said:

This is a good example of how the bible can rot your brain. Anyone can come up with any number of interpretations, no matter how contradictory or inconsistent, claim divine inspiration, and take off trying to find converts. And people are really stupid, it seems that at some people will sign up to just about any claim that suggests it's the real interpretation of the bible. That's why there's an LDS Church, that's why there could be an LSD Church as well. 

Yep, which explains why there are over 4200 religions in the world -- not to mention the thousands upon thousands of denominations within christinsanity itself.    But wait --  we're so fortunate here at Ex-C,  to have THE ONE person who got it right  -- JimmyfoJesus.  Ta-Da!   :magic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The is an example of what happens when a human brain becomes infected with the God virus. :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

Why would you follow a god who does what is said in Psalms 137:9?   Is that the mark of a loving god doing that to innocents? 

I guess I believe that He does what he wants when He wants and better to stand with Him than against Him, but I’m smart enough to Fear God.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I guess I believe that He does what he wants when He wants and better to stand with Him than against Him, but I’m smart enough to Fear God.

Ah, you've answered my question above: You believe because you are afraid that bad things will happen to you if you don't. 

Fear is one of the greatest human motivators. Overcoming fear leads to true freedom. Some day I hope you will escape from Plato's cave and find real freedom.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

It's not about how thick my skin is but about getting out all the points I feel obliged to share, and once that is done, I am done, and off to the next thing. There's no point in waiting around on you guys. God does what God does to those who do not listen, and I do not worry about it. I just spread it to who I can where I can.

What you don't seem to understand is that everyone here used to be a Christian. We've heard all the witnessing, and done it ourselves. What you are doing is useless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orbit said:

What you don't seem to understand is that everyone here used to be a Christian. We've heard all the witnessing, and done it ourselves. What you are doing is useless.

What you don't seem to understand is that if all of you used to be Christian, then all of you know it used to work at one time, but God has just hardened everyone's hearts, probably because Jesus is supposed to do this sometime soon, and I think him and God are enjoying the show. 

7 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

What you don't seem to understand is that if all of you used to be Christian, then all of you know it used to work at one time, but God has just hardened everyone's hearts, probably because Jesus is supposed to do this sometime soon, and I think him and God are enjoying the show. 

Childhood indoctrination *works* sure, but reason cures one of that when one grows up.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

So if God  hardened our hearts .... your mission here is pointless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

No.  Christianity never worked for me.  I tried it for 33 years and it wasted every opportunity that came my way and left me deeply depressed for decades.  The cure was becoming an atheist.  I am now happier than I have ever been in my whole life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If God is the one that harden's a person heart, like Pharaoh for example, that would be problematic on so many levels. Fortunately for mankind, the Bible has human origins and the God of the Bible only exists in the minds of those that believe "It" exists. 

I know you don't believe this JimmyfoJesus, but the Bible is a collection of myths, legends, and folklore. In other words the Bible is a collection of fictional stories with fictional characters. That includes Jesus who was simply an imaginary character in a manmade story. That is why historians have been unable to find a historical Jesus. It seems he was only a literary character in a mythical story.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, no god, no Jesus, and no heaven that weren't man made stories each with their own origins and evolution. Everyone here knows this accept you, Jimmy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2