Goodbye Jesus

LDS Church

JimmyfoJesus

5 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Oh and I ignore Peter, he killed two fools and lied about it blaming it on God. He was cursed from his son Judas as well

Yeah... I just ignore the whole bible. Much simpler. Then you don't have to go making stuff up like you are.

• Thanks 1

Jimmy, is there anything you don't have your own theory of? Just curious.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I... just can't.... I want to have a decent discussion, not this blathering mess.

I'm having a decent conversation with what appears to be a well educated Christian on youtube. Much more satisfactory.

I know we thought IH had some poor answers at times.... but Jimmy makes IH look great!

I disagree.  Every Christian theologian fails equally.  All perform as well as our very own Jimmy.  The only difference is that some are much better at hiding their fallacies.

Just now, mymistake said:

I disagree.  Every Christian theologian fails equally.  All perform as well as our very own Jimmy.  The only difference is that some are much better at hiding their fallacies

We will have to agree to disagree.

Some ideas are better thought out and have better merit than others, even if the conclusions they reach ultimately fail.

1 minute ago, LogicalFallacy said:

We will have to agree to disagree.

Some ideas are better thought out and have better merit than others, even if the conclusions they reach ultimately fail.

My point of view is due to my background.  This one math class I had . . . I would receive zero credit for any proof that contained a single flaw or mistake.  If there is a break in the logic it is worthless no matter how much distractions you put on the page.  So that is how I have come to see arguments in the real world.  The people who know they are wrong get very good at putting out distractions in the hope that you don't notice that their thinking breaks down and leads to a false conclusion.  There are some who argue in good faith but if it really is done in good faith then they will eventually change their mind if they cannot defend their original position.  Most people however, are just being stubborn and looking for something to justify their choice after they commit to it.  If one justification doesn't work they will switch to another and another but never change their mind about their conclusion.

1 hour ago, mymistake said:

The people who know they are wrong get very good at putting out distractions in the hope that you don't notice that their thinking breaks down and leads to a false conclusion.

Aka, Jordan Peterson on atheism....

• Super Moderator
8 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Or the evil is here to differentiate between the weak and the strong more than just the kind and the mean people.

god allows ten-year-old girls to be trafficked and raped just to demonstrate that they're weak?  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

god allows ten-year-old girls to be trafficked and raped just to demonstrate that they're weak?  

Yes, He allows it to happen, because those have the easy path to Heaven if they work past such a negative experience and move forward to distinguish strong from weak.

He evens it all out in the end. You guys are just mad the yay jesus thing stopped working a decade ago, but I’m most likely done here.

Just remember, He expects everyone to go seeking Him rather than sit around bad mouthing Him hiding behind what they’ve learned from the New Covenant. 

He’s not near as forgiving as anyone walking this Earth thinks.

Careful Jimmy, you are getting into dangerous territory.

1 hour ago, mymistake said:

Careful Jimmy, you are getting into dangerous territory.

The only dangerous territory in my eyes is standing against God:)

32 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

The Bible is full of atrocities.  They can't be justified.  If you try you fall into the trap.  

• Super Moderator

Yes, He allows it to happen, because those have the easy path to Heaven if they work past such a negative experience and move forward to distinguish strong from weak.

He evens it all out in the end. You guys are just mad the yay jesus thing stopped working a decade ago, but I’m most likely done here.

Just remember, He expects everyone to go seeking Him rather than sit around bad mouthing Him hiding behind what they’ve learned from the New Covenant. 

So, ten-year-old girls are trafficked and raped for the ultimate glory of god?  That's even more disgusting than them being raped so that god can demonstrate their weakness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well Jimmy if your done I gotta say you really suck at witnessing for Jesus. Because you have not answered any questions. You completely ignored the hard ones. And the answers you did give were so far off it was ridiculous. You also reinterpreted and even bashed parts of the bible to justify your answers. ??? 

DB

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

So, ten-year-old girls are trafficked and raped for the ultimate glory of god?  That's even more disgusting than them being raped so that god can demonstrate their weakness.

To put it bluntly redneck. Jimmy is fucked in the head.

DB

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

To put it bluntly redneck. Jimmy is fucked in the head.

DB

Perhaps jimmy's fuckitiness is god's way of differentiating between the weak and the strong.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Perhaps jimmy's fuckitiness is god's way of differentiating between the weak and the strong.

No, this is a rare privilege.  We were not there over 3,000 years ago when the inventor of the Abraham religions was alive.  But if we were he would look a lot like Jimmy.  And perhaps 3 or 4 thousand years from now Jimmy's word will have spawned an army of WIlliam Lane Craigs and Josh McDowells.

12 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

He evens it all out in the end. 

Wtf. Just wtf. 

11 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

No, I think standing against a god that would allow girls to be raped and murdered is a much safer move than allying oneself with such a god.  Jimmy, such a bastard as you worship might just toss you out of heaven and into hell for lulz in a moment of divine boredom.

You are no safer than we are, and you have chosen the moral low ground by advocating for the worship of an asshole god.

• Like 3

I guess what it all comes down to with me is that I’d trade 50 years of the most miserable life where all the stress makes my life short in exchange for a pass to Heaven anyways.

But it’s different for us, because God pays me back double for all my troubles, but I follow Him with a loyal heart. I love Him with all my heart and soul no matter what He wants to throw my way.

You can’t just take something for nothing from God which was the Christian way for many, most likely you guys bc the worst Christians fight God tooth and nail, because at the end of the day, you all know where you’re headed at your last hour.

What you probably don’t understand is that there are many different levels of Heaven and Hell and many books support it. 

So get away with being biggots for a season if you want, but know, God sees all and forgets none. Good luck to all of you, I hope you open your hearts to Him, but the decisions you guys make is none of my business, and I really don’t care.

Hate on me all you want, but I know one thing, God may love us all, but that does not mean He likes us all, and I know He likes me.

2 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

So get away with being biggots for a season if you want, but know, God sees all and forgets none. Good luck to all of you, I hope you open your hearts to Him, but the decisions you guys make is none of my business, and I really don’t care.

Hate on me all you want, but I know one thing, God may love us all, but that does not mean He likes us all, and I know He likes me.

Most of us are not bigots.  You haven't encountered hatred.  Rather you encountered a rational response to the things you have said here.  If you say something that is messed up then your listeners have every right to have a normal response to what you said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I guess what it all comes down to with me is that I’d trade 50 years of the most miserable life where all the stress makes my life short in exchange for a pass to Heaven anyways.

But it’s different for us, because God pays me back double for all my troubles, but I follow Him with a loyal heart. I love Him with all my heart and soul no matter what He wants to throw my way.

You can’t just take something for nothing from God which was the Christian way for many, most likely you guys bc the worst Christians fight God tooth and nail, because at the end of the day, you all know where you’re headed at your last hour.

What you probably don’t understand is that there are many different levels of Heaven and Hell and many books support it. 

Listening to someone also means you think about what they're saying to you.

59 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Using religion to self-medicate is not an uncommon behavior for folks who have "troubles".

...because at the end of the day, you all know where you’re headed at your last hour.

All humans die.  Death is where all humans are "headed".  Many realize they are dying in their last hour of life (e.g., after a long illness).  Many do not (e.g., in a car accident).

However, here you are implying that those who do not believe in your particular sky fairy as you do will somehow go (after death) to a bad place, and that all such non-believers know this.

I suspect such a belief makes you feel special.  Does that make you feel good?

I understand that you believe there are many different levels of Heaven and Hell.  You have yet to convince me your beliefs are actually true.  

Sure thing.  Your imaginary friend keeps score.  You are special and those that don't believe as you do are not.  You wish non-believers luck but you don't really care.  How generous of you.

You are attempting to employ the Christian Persecution Complex™, with a side salad of "Please tell me I'm OK".  That's a good way to end a post, I suppose, at least for you.  You are also confusing mere belief with knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

All I got to say about this comment is Fuck you, you judge mental bastard. You don’t know the lives we’ve lived and ive met many a Christian that was much more humble and deserving of heaven, if there was one, than you. Your actually the worst kind of Christian. Thinking your better than everyone else because you have an awesome imaginary friend!

DB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/9/2018 at 3:14 AM, DarkBishop said:

Well Jimmy if your done I gotta say you really suck at witnessing for Jesus. Because you have not answered any questions.

You'll note that he completely ignored my posts about the photos of kids with horrific birth defects.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Life, be it happy or miserable, is all you've got.

And I believe that all of those "levels," without a single exception, are fictional.

I don't believe you.  If you didn't care you wouldn't have signed up for an account here and you wouldn't be preaching to us.

Imaginary beings cannot like or hate anybody.  The mental construct in your brain that you call "God" is where you're getting that perception; in other words, all you're doing is liking yourself but attributing the emotion to an outside entity that isn't actually there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1