Goodbye Jesus

LDS Church

JimmyfoJesus

7 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I guess I believe that He does what he wants when He wants and better to stand with Him than against Him, but I’m smart enough to Fear God.

I'm smart enough to fear god = I'm smart enough to let only my emotions rule my thoughts, beliefs and actions instead of letting my logic and reasoning contribute. Sad. If there was a god, why would he give you logic and reason and then tell you you're saved by not using them and fearing him. Because he's a tyrant. Among many other things. 

4 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

What you don't seem to understand is that if all of you used to be Christian, then all of you know it used to work at one time, but God has just hardened everyone's hearts, probably because Jesus is supposed to do this sometime soon, and I think him and God are enjoying the show. 

Ah yes, and hes the one you guys call love. 

1 minute ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

I'm smart enough to fear god = I'm smart enough to let only my emotions rule my thoughts, beliefs and actions instead of letting my logic and reasoning contribute. Sad. If there was a god, why would he give you logic and reason and then tell you you're saved by not using them and fearing him. Because he's a tyrant. Among many other things. 

See that's what you don't get. It's what I'm saying. I'm saying the Old Testament God gave the disciples authority to create the church based on what they learned from Jesus, and He supported everything they said for a number of years. Then sometime within the past decade, He went back to His old ways, and I imagine the Christian church did something to anger Him, and now it's up to us to figure out what the real message is ourselves if we want Him to come back. I don't know, reading this makes me realize how far fetched it sounds but whatever.

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I imagine

No argument with that.   Your posts are full of shit imaginings.   No evidence - just imaginings.   :Doh:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

See that's what you don't get. It's what I'm saying. I'm saying the Old Testament God gave the disciples authority to create the church based on what they learned from Jesus, and He supported everything they said for a number of years. Then sometime within the past decade, He went back to His old ways, and I imagine the Christian church did something to anger Him, and now it's up to us to figure out what the real message is ourselves if we want Him to come back. I don't know, reading this makes me realize how far fetched it sounds but whatever.

Can I tell you something? The bible to me is a collection of historical stories and myths etc. and nothing else. It's pretty evident you sit here trying to analyze what it all means, and take it as the literal truth. None of us here do, so quoting the bible as if it's the truth and a forecast of the future will have zero impact.

14 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Guys, this is very unique stuff.  Part of Jimmy's religious view incorporates the failure of Christianity.  Christianity use to work but now it doesn't.  Christianity is broke so now we are back to the drawing board to figure out what Yahweh wants from us.  Make no mistake, this is not your run-of-the-mill religion.  Christianity was working just fine for centuries and then one day God pulled the magic out and powered everything down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mymistake said:

Guys, this is very unique stuff.  Part of Jimmy's religious view incorporates the failure of Christianity.  Christianity use to work but now it doesn't.  Christianity is broke so now we are back to the drawing board to figure out what Yahweh wants from us.  Make no mistake, this is not your run-of-the-mill religion.  Christianity was working just fine for centuries and then one day God pulled the magic out and powered everything down.

Yeah, don't you feel like the Earth was around for so long, and then there's this time in history where all of a sudden society makes tremendous leaps. Is it because we broke past a barrier, and everything flooded in or could it be Christianity used to work even though it sounds silly? I'll be the first to admit, I thought it sounded silly the whole time I went to church, but I knew it did something.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I'm saying the Old Testament God gave the disciples authority to create the church based on what they learned from Jesus, and He supported everything they said for a number of years. Then sometime within the past decade, He went back to His old ways, and I imagine the Christian church did something to anger Him, and now it's up to us to figure out what the real message is ourselves if we want Him to come back.

You have asserted this, or something quite similar/nearly identical, at least a dozen times in the past 24 hours.  It has become quite boring.  Do you have anything else?

See that's what you don't get. It's what I'm saying.

Of course we "get" what you are saying.  All of us read quite well.  And, yes, it is what you are saying, whatever "it" means.  That does not mean any here agrees with what you claim.

I don't know, reading this makes me realize how far fetched it sounds....

A moment of clarity.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@JimmyfoJesus

You have not once responded to my requests for evidence of your claims. Why should we believe the dribblings you are so kindly pouring out on this forum?

You seem to like dancing around and replying to people about all manner of things, but come a request to provide evidence that what you say is true and...

Crickets.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Yeah, don't you feel like the Earth was around for so long, and then there's this time in history where all of a sudden society makes tremendous leaps. Is it because we broke past a barrier, and everything flooded in or could it be Christianity used to work even though it sounds silly? I'll be the first to admit, I thought it sounded silly the whole time I went to church, but I knew it did something.

So, you're saying there's no more Grace from God? 

Yeah, don't you feel like the Earth was around for so long, and then there's this time in history where all of a sudden society makes tremendous leaps. 

It is called the Scientific Revolution.

http://users.clas.ufl.edu/ufhatch/pages/03-Sci-Rev/SCI-REV-Teaching/03sr-definition-concept.htm

People stopped believing in the authority of religion and started using observation and the scientific method to discover the truth.

With leaps and bounds they discovered everything that makes up our modern way of life.  All of it came from science.  None of it came from religion.  That includes the computers and networks we are using to communicate right now.

Is it because we broke past a barrier, and everything flooded in or could it be Christianity used to work even though it sounds silly? I'll be the first to admit, I thought it sounded silly the whole time I went to church, but I knew it did something.

I don't think Christianity ever worked except to make popes and preachers rich.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@JimmyfoJesus It seems like you're accepting some of the views put forth by some members here, but it is unwise to rush headlong into changing what you believe for other people. That's what religion expects from you, to put your brain down and change your mind for that little group that believes they have the truth. 

I think these ultra fantastic beliefs you have is your way of stepping back from the conservative fundamental beliefs that was rammed down your throat. Now for you it's basically "A God of my own understanding" 

Ok fine, but I would think anyone here would encourage you to search out & study what we are telling you, don't take our words fot it until you do some research. That way whatever you alter in your beliefs, whatever you disregard, whatever you learn is not subject to us but you.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, theanticrash said:

@JimmyfoJesus It seems like you're accepting some of the views put forth by some members here, but it is unwise to rush headlong into changing what you believe for other people. That's what religion expects from you, to put your brain down and change your mind for that little group that believes they have the truth. 

I think these ultra fantastic beliefs you have is your way of stepping back from the conservative fundamental beliefs that was rammed down your throat. Now for you it's basically "A God of my own understanding" 

Ok fine, but I would think anyone here would encourage you to search out & study what we are telling you, don't take our words fot it until you do some research. That way whatever you alter in your beliefs, whatever you disregard, whatever you learn is not subject to us but you.

Hey I appreciate that, but this is not a god of my understanding. This is the God who created humans to be a certain way, and He’s outlined what I call the G code in the Book of Proverbs meaning I pray to the God of the Jews and Muslims. 

I’m not conforming to anyone, and I know I can provide no evidence to anyone. I was just hoping to leave this up for those who have left the Christian church and don’t understand.

I want them to know there is truth behind what every atheist says which is talking about actions. I want them to know where they can turn for help even if you guys want to annihilate everyone’s belief in God.

No one has the reason to believe the way I believe. I feel the Spirit everyday, and I know His Power. You guys may not for you are all on the opposite path of me. 

10 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Hey I appreciate that, but this is not a god of my understanding. This is the God who created humans to be a certain way, and He’s outlined what I call the G code in the Book of Proverbs meaning I pray to the God of the Jews and Muslims. 

I’m not conforming to anyone, and I know I can provide no evidence to anyone. I was just hoping to leave this up for those who have left the Christian church and don’t understand.

I want them to know there is truth behind what every atheist says which is talking about actions. I want them to know where they can turn for help even if you guys want to annihilate everyone’s belief in God.

No one has the reason to believe the way I believe. I feel the Spirit everyday, and I know His Power. You guys may not for you are all on the opposite path of me. 

I wouldn't say we are on a path, like we are looking forward to some prearranged destination. 

Let me ask you something.

If you think (Believe) that you are on the right path, and no one else is on that path (As you stated that you have the right belief's) Then in your mind what happens to the rest of us?

35 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Hey I appreciate that, but this is not a god of my understanding.

Oh, such irony!

35 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I want them to know where they can turn for help even if you guys want to annihilate everyone’s belief in God.

Remember that you came to us.  I do not go to churches, cathedrals, chapels, temples, synagogues or mosques and try to change believers' minds.  However if somebody does come to me and asks for help getting over the pain caused by religion I will help them.

39 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I feel the Spirit everyday, and I know His Power.

So do millions of other believers.  Religion is an emotion.  It's part of the human mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I don't know, reading this makes me realize how far fetched it sounds but whatever.

It is far fetched. You're just pulling shit out of your ass, but whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, mymistake said:

Remember that you came to us.  I do not go to churches, cathedrals, chapels, temples, synagogues or mosques and try to change believers' minds.  However if somebody does come to me and asks for help getting over the pain caused by religion I will help them.

Again, I came here for the other believe who come across this site who may be interested in my truth.

39 minutes ago, theanticrash said:

Let me ask you something.

If you think (Believe) that you are on the right path, and no one else is on that path (As you stated that you have the right belief's) Then in your mind what happens to the rest of us?

I imagine it’s different for each one of you depending on the lifestyles you live, but I don’t worry or care too much to be honest. I worry about myself.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Again, I came here for the other believe who come across this site who may be interested in my truth.

I imagine it’s different for each one of you depending on the lifestyles you live, but I don’t worry or care too much to be honest. I worry about myself.

Do you believe in the Old Testament God, or New Testament Jesus.

Well that's not very christian of you :nono:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Hi Jimmy:You wrote above: "I was just hoping to leave this up for those who have left the Christian church and don’t understand." You are making a presumption that we don't understand. We do understand, Jimmy, more than you will ever know. But the thing is that most everyone on this board has been there and done that, and invested considerable effort into it, and discovered that it's all fake news.

You also wrote: "I want them to know where they can turn for help even if you guys want to annihilate everyone’s belief in God." You are making another presumption. I'd speculate that the vast majority of members here have little interest in annihilating everyone's belief in God. We don't care what you or your buddies believe.

What torques our bolts is when Christians try to push their religion onto others. And this happens in many, many ways, overtly and covertly. It happens in families when some of us have been taken emotional hostages by intolerant relatives. It happens when there is public prayer and there is social pressure to participate. It happens in the local arena when cities post "In God We Trust" over the dais in the city council chambers, and when they try to put the Ten Commandments up in front of the courthouse. And it happens in the state houses and in Congress when they try to pass laws that force their values upon those who do not hold them, and laws that restrict the rest of us from following our principles and values.

So consider that we would accept a live-and-let-live arrangement if only Christians would do the same. Most of us do that regardless. But there are a few of us who are pushed into an anti-Christian stance because we've been badgered so much that we just can't stand it any more and see no other way to get Christians to back off.

• Like 3

(emphasis added)

That is the thing Jimmy.  Nobody possesses the truth.  There is only one truth - that which is actually real.  That is what truth means.  It is whatever is real.  When people start calling it "my truth" or "your truth" that changes the meaning.  Now we are not talking about what is real anymore but rather about what somebody wishes was real.  But you don't do that for things that are actually real.  I wouldn't say in "his" truth grass is green and the sky is blue because those things are already real so part of the truth.  "My truth", "your truth", "her truth" and "his truth" are things people wish were true when they are not.

Objective reality does not care what you want.  It doesn't care if you perceive it correctly or not.  It isn't going to change for you.  The truth is something we can find or discover but it isn't anything we can personalize. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I feel the Spirit everyday, and I know His Power. You guys may not for you are all on the opposite path of me. 

Jimmy, how do you know that it isn't just your imagination making it seem like you're in contact with divine power?  Can you actually apply that power in the physical world, or are the effects confined to your own thoughts and emotions?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

What you don't seem to understand is that if all of you used to be Christian, then all of you know it used to work at one time, but God has just hardened everyone's hearts, probably because Jesus is supposed to do this sometime soon, and I think him and God are enjoying the show. 

God hardened my heart?  But...but...I let Moses and his people go right away!  This just doesn't make any sense.

mwc

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Astreja said:
20 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I feel the Spirit everyday, and I know His Power. You guys may not for you are all on the opposite path of me. 

Jimmy, how do you know that it isn't just your imagination making it seem like you're in contact with divine power?  Can you actually apply that power in the physical world, or are the effects confined to your own thoughts and emotions?

This may have been a weekend mission for Jimmy that has now come to an end. 

• Thanks 1

Sigh... All these crickets chirping was nice... but I really wanted to get to the meat of the issue.

@JimmyfoJesus Has a very particular God that does not seem to be one of the standard denominational concepts so I really wanted to get into the evidence for his very particular God... and how I can know his particular God is the True God (TM) and not my fathers particular True God (TM)... especially since they use the same bible but their Gods are telling them very different things!

• Thanks 1