Goodbye Jesus

LDS Church

JimmyfoJesus

You haven't been reading his posts properly. You keep nagging about evidence. He has already expressed his evidence is subjective. It follows that it's not something he could give you. Even for me it's frustrating to watch a discussion where one side doesn't even listen.

21 minutes ago, ToHellWithMe said:

You haven't been reading his posts properly. You keep nagging about evidence. He has already expressed his evidence is subjective. It follows that it's not something he could give you. Even for me it's frustrating to watch a discussion where one side doesn't even listen.

He has actually never directly responded to me to tell me that (That I'm aware of). And it does not follow at all. He could still tell us why he thinks his god exists. He might say he had a personal experience and heard a voice in his head. Great, that gives us a base from which to discuss why the voice in his head is right and the voice in others is wrong.

It's not so much I'm not reading. Its just I'm not interested in talking semantics about a God which differs from the usual concepts and is stated from the outset as being fact. When a new person comes in I like to try and determine why they think their particular God exists before moving to semantics about Proverbs.

• Thanks 1

Guest end3

Wow, just wow.  How long did that take.  Y'all ran Jimmy4 off in record time.  I'm so ashamed.  We need kinder friendlier atheists...

42 minutes ago, end3 said:

Wow, just wow.  How long did that take.  Y'all ran Jimmy4 off in record time.  I'm so ashamed.  We need kinder friendlier atheists...

God called him to another message my brother.

I was kind - merely asked a few questions, which Bro Jimmy didn't attempt to answer.

(PS - I'd say we need some Christians with backbone ;) :D )

1 hour ago, end3 said:

I've dialoged with many theists over the years, mostly Christians belonging to one sect or another with occasional ones who profess their own unique religious dogma.  Some were quite engaging, well studied and who provided a keen intellect.  Others were pathetic emotional basket cases, obviously intellectually lazy and deeply troubled with the effects of their childhood religious indoctrination and subsequent peer pressure.  Most were somewhere in between these extremes.

The Christians that have come to this forum to proselytize in the past several years tend to be the low-grade emotional types (with a few exceptions), nearly devoid of reasoning skills, intellectual honesty, true curiosity or healthy skepticism.  They are quite boring.

Poster Jimmyfo[r]Jesus (note how he misspelled his screen name) is of the uninteresting emotional type, pretending to be special and full of revelations.

Therefore, it's not surprising at all that members here are unimpressed with his posts, toy with his rantings and hope he will just go away.

That's the way I see it.

But of course, you (End3) are one of the interesting Christians, often worthy of discourse and engagement.  Seriously.  It would be nice, though, if you learned how to write well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, end3 said:

Hello end3, 

You see how far off the rail's Jimmy was concerning sound doctrine. What do you think is the cause of Jimmy's heresy? 

2 hours ago, end3 said:

Because the Nogod would be angry with us?  I do not put up with harmful nonsense.  Now if you want to fill your mind with poison it's a free country so attend church every night and twice on Sunday morning if you wish.  The people who come here to be free of that crap need to know there are others who will back them up.

Now with that said Jimmy was handled with kid gloves.  Jimmy was also rather nice for a hyper-religious person.  He acknowledged he could be wrong and that he had no evidence.  He didn't go fire-and-brimstone.  He didn't preach genocide or hate like a lot of drive-by Christians tend to do.  So we treated Jimmy with respect because he was respectful to us.  Don't give us crap if we didn't make him our new cult leader.  That isn't going to happen anywhere.  Imagine if he walked into a Christian church saying those things about Christianity not working anymore so he is going to lead the people to God's new truth?  Christians would not have been respectful or nice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Poster Jimmyfo[r]Jesus (note how he misspelled his screen name) is of the uninteresting emotional type

I guess it's a matter of taste, then. I bore of lore and academics and prefer the intuitive types. What is intellectual spirituality anyway? There's no such thing. And what is religion without spirituality?

The value of the religious eccentric is in his spirituality. Expecting something else of them seems irrational to me. But maybe I'm being myopic here.

50 minutes ago, mymistake said:

Because the Nogod would be angry with us?  I do not put up with harmful nonsense.  Now if you want to fill your mind with poison it's a free country so attend church every night and twice on Sunday morning if you wish.  The people who come here to be free of that crap need to know there are others who will back them up.

Now with that said Jimmy was handled with kid gloves.  Jimmy was also rather nice for a hyper-religious person.  He acknowledged he could be wrong and that he had no evidence.  He didn't go fire-and-brimstone.  He didn't preach genocide or hate like a lot of drive-by Christians tend to do.  So we treated Jimmy with respect because he was respectful to us.  Don't give us crap if we didn't make him our new cult leader.  That isn't going to happen anywhere.  Imagine if he walked into a Christian church saying those things about Christianity not working anymore so he is going to lead the people to God's new truth?  Christians would not have been respectful or nice.

Christian's would have crucified him.

On 4/28/2018 at 2:44 PM, JimmyfoJesus said:

I am done when God is done.

Pull out and wipe off....

kL

• Haha 3

On 4/28/2018 at 3:11 PM, disillusioned said:

Any idea when that will be?

Duhh LF! When god cu, err, comes again! :)

kL

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2018 at 9:42 AM, JimmyfoJesus said:

It's not about how thick my skin is but about getting out all the points I feel obliged to share, and once that is done, I am done, and off to the next thing. There's no point in waiting around on you guys. God does what God does to those who do not listen, and I do not worry about it. I just spread it to who I can where I can.

1 Corinthians 4:20

20For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power

3 hours ago, SkipNChurch said:

Pull out and wipe off....

kL

Oh you are a sith my friend.

14 hours ago, end3 said:

He thought God had no grace. Can you believe that baloney?

• Haha 1

Guest end3
16 hours ago, TrueScotsman said:

This place is called the Lion's Den, not the Kitten Kennel.  What do you expect when someone comes here with intentions to spread their unique wonderful message from god, and finds people are uninterested?  These people who fly by aren't scared off, they very likely had no intentions on staying but just wanted to get in their evangelizing quota.  Why should such people be greeted in this setting with respect and sincere interest in what they are peddling?

When I was a Christian, I would have never come to a place like this and tell them what they're missing out on and how they would be punished.

I was teasing TS.... carry on.  Never hurts to get to know someone, even J4J, and help them move forward, imho.

Guest end3
14 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

I've dialoged with many theists over the years, mostly Christians belonging to one sect or another with occasional ones who profess their own unique religious dogma.  Some were quite engaging, well studied and who provided a keen intellect.  Others were pathetic emotional basket cases, obviously intellectually lazy and deeply troubled with the effects of their childhood religious indoctrination and subsequent peer pressure.  Most were somewhere in between these extremes.

The Christians that have come to this forum to proselytize in the past several years tend to be the low-grade emotional types (with a few exceptions), nearly devoid of reasoning skills, intellectual honesty, true curiosity or healthy skepticism.  They are quite boring.

Poster Jimmyfo[r]Jesus (note how he misspelled his screen name) is of the uninteresting emotional type, pretending to be special and full of revelations.

Therefore, it's not surprising at all that members here are unimpressed with his posts, toy with his rantings and hope he will just go away.

That's the way I see it.

But of course, you (End3) are one of the interesting Christians, often worthy of discourse and engagement.  Seriously.  It would be nice, though, if you learned how to write well.

I think dogma is associated with circumstance, culture, and church during our individual endeavors in Christianity, i.e., we form impressions during that fundamental timeframe and later assert that these qualities/experiences are the only ways to holiness...until we get a little less naïve.  I think J4J is just post that time in his experience....not totally sure about that, but guessing. 

I DO however, believe that reading the Bible and hearing the Word can trigger new associations in our brains that might not be made otherwise.  I personally think it the Holy Spirit, but realize it can happen otherwise as well.

And I appreciate your efforts in our discourse.  To my writing, I'm afraid it doesn't bother me enough to change.  Someday it might.  In the interim I will try to flesh out my sentences a little more. 

5 hours ago, end3 said:

I think dogma is associated with circumstance

I think @JimmyfoJesus's dogma got too close to his karma and got run over. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator
28 minutes ago, MOHO said:

I think @JimmyfoJesus's dogma got too close to his karma and got run over. 

Yeah I think so too.  He also posted on the main blog the other day.  When I asked "Evidence, please?" he deleted his comment.  Seems like he's taken his toys and gone home.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buffettphan said:

Yeah I think so too.  He also posted on the main blog the other day.  When I asked "Evidence, please?" he deleted his comment.  Seems like he's taken his toys and gone home.  

Ho hum. Another hit-and-run. Bye bye Jimmy.

• Like 2

Though Jimmy has come back several times to lurk.  

On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 9:52 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

We need kinder friendlier atheists...

The hell we do. We need more people, whatever their deluded beliefs might be, who at least don't think it's their mission to "enlighten" anyone.

We need people to keep their bat-shit-crazy fairy tales to themselves if they're not going to join the rest of us in the real world.

EDIT: The above quote was mentioned by LF. It was posted, hilariously, by end3.

• Like 3

Just so y'all know - that's not my quote above it's end3's.

Misquoting... might have to sue for defamation 🤣

• Haha 1

With respect to the kinder, friendlier quote:

I'm happy to talk intelligently with theists of all bents. I have limited time for idiocy. Unfortunately, most of the Christians we've had around here recently (not you End, but definitely Jimmy) have just been spouting silliness.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TrueScotsman said:

My best friends are very thoughtful Christians, who totally accept my atheism and I, their theism.  But I would never expect someone like them to ever come to a place like this sadly, any I think truly thoughtful Christian who came here would probably very quickly begin to lose their faith.  It was this place alone where I announced I was no longer a Christian years ago now, I had debated many other Christians over the time I was Christian but never wanted to debate the atheists.  It was just a major downer to be honest, since so much of my well being was based on believing in god and his promises.  Then I wondered why we ever needed a god to find meaning when the only that is truly there is each other and ourselves and the world we inhabit.  

That is so true, do we really need to invoke God to love & care for one another. There's a planet full of people, and other species all around us 24/7 but we've got to know God first before we're moved, no wonder so many thing's are fucked up. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TrueScotsman said:

My son and daughter are in themselves worth more than all the worth of any religion, because they are real and they are here.  We are not children of god, we are sons of daughters of all, one species emergent for this brief glimmer of time trying to find our way amidst considerable challenges.  No one is coming to save us, except more babies. :)

As it is written.

"Out of the rear end of babies comes the stench of doom all parents fear"

Amen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1